Olympus image gallery: E-3, E-5, PEN E-P2, E-620

steve_brantley2

<p>Greetings. I have uploaded quite a few Olympus images this past year highlighting the output potential and image quality of the excellent E-3, new E-5 and E-620 DSLRs, and the PEN E-P2 micro four thirds. Most all images were shot in RAW and processed with Capture One (non-pro version) software. Specific photo galleries include flower macros, motor sports, Civil War battle reenactments, landscapes, motorcycles and transportation, and flea market collectibles. You are welcome to take a look, criticize, leave comments here, etc. <br>

Regards.</p>

<p>http://triumph.smugmug.com</p>

<p>Glad to hear someone is still using the E-series gear. Sometimes I browse this site and feel that everyone has switched to micro 4/3rds format, if only as a way to use their 50 year old German glass....</p>

<p>Or maybe the E-series DSLR has reached perfection and gives no problems making excellent photographs!</p>

<p>I'll be picking up an E5 within the next couple of weeks to use alongside my current E30 and plan to be locked into my extensive 4/3rd's system for quite some time, no matter what Olympus does or does not do.</p>

<p>Great shots, Steve.</p>

<p>I find the E-5 produces quite nice images, even at ISO 1600 with a bit of noise ninjaing. People seem to be overly concerned with noise though. Really, how often do you shoot 3200+? Looking back on my albums, regardless of camera I used, I have maybe only a handful at 3200 or higher, so being able to shoot nice images at 1600 is perfectly fine for me and 90% of people out there... Go browse through as many images as you want on flickr, I bet you'll have a hard time finding some really high ISO shots. Low light doesn't just mean the need to crank the ISO a bit, it usually also means BAD light as well. Even if the image has little noise, it will still look horrible.</p>

<p>My 2 cents...</p>

<p>Ps. I have a D700 that barely ever makes it to ISO 800 haha</p>