Olympus e500 CF card slot

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by bryanszloh, Mar 4, 2018.

1. One of the pins is bent on the CF card slot of an e500. Anyone know if this can be fixed? Not sure how I can bend the pin back or if the CF connector needs to be replaced. Not sure where to go since Olympus does not support these cameras anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. I was quite convinced that when one of my friends bent several pins inside my E-600 she did it on purpose. I simply can't see a way how a cf card can bend pins that are designed for it. But hey, you never know!

Long story short, due to absence of any qualified repairmen in my country I disassembled the camera myself. Unfortunately CF slot was encased in metal from top, which was soldered to circuit board. Repairing it would require unsoldering the cover, fixing the pins and re-soldering it all. I simply discarded CF entirely and switched to proprietary xD slot (luckily E-600 has two slots).

P.S. It was impossible to straighten pins from "above" with pins or anything, because some were bent at 90 degrees. Not to mention confined space!

You can also hunt for the PCB of that camera and replace it entirely. Or send it for service. Or better buy a replacement camera, evolts are fairly cheap IIRC.