Olympus E-510 & E410

f_k2

I started reading the preview of E-410 on dpreview.com. First, I noticed that the camera can only bracket 3 shots (versus 5 most other dSLRs can), with +/-1 stops (!@#%&$). One of the biggest limitations of dSLRs is their poor dynamic range, and bracketing can remedy the problem. However, Olympus really does not want us to have that option (which is all in the software anyway). In the next page I read that the viewfinder remains the same as before (tunnel vision). That is when I stopped reading the preview, as I will not consider buying this camera.

Is Olympus really serious about making cameras for photographers? If/when I do decide to buy a dSLR, Olympus gives me no reason to consider their cameras. That's too bad, as I like good competition.

I was disappointed but not surprised by the lack of a new pro body. What is offered seem

like very light, compact bodies. Although they may not be as responsive as some would

wish, the trade off in weight is appealing to me. I'll be interested to see how they perform in

a hands-on review, and I'd like to see some picture samples. Guess I'll just stay tuned.

Greg, I appreciate a site that I can read since I only speak English. Good information. Thanks for posting it.

I use my E-1 and E-300, and Oly flashes, and even my E-10, for wedding and portrait photography, and see no functional reason to make any change.

I am pleased that Olympus is moving forward on all of this and trying to keep pace in the megapixil wars, but, I'm happy where I am.