Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Serious Problems

sol_k

Hi,

I have had this camera for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. About late

fall I kind of stopped using it as I do most of my photography outside to capture accurate

colors. The last time I tried using it I took a picture of the cover of few catalogues which

almost all came out funky but I did not make much of it. I had so many things to do that I

just set the camera aside. Coming this spring , I started using the camera again and it just

was not functioning properly . One of the reasons I like Camedia C series camera is that

they have a great super sensitive lens and take very good pictures in all lightings indoor or

out , dark or light. So to make a long story short, almost all images come out screwed up.

Over exposed to death, with inaccurate colors. I Figured I probably have messed up the

setting so I have gone over and over everything to no avail. The LCD screen displays this

purple shade that covers some, part or all of the image when a photograph is taken and

many symptoms exist from super over exposure to actual stripes of purple showing in the

images. So I am at a loss as of what is happening and why it just decided to not work

properly. I used to take images outside all throughout the day with almost no problem

but now with exposure compensation at zero , outside in strong sunlight it comes out

super over exposed. I actually can't even explain what is happening as there is no

consistency with any thing anymore.<div>00G5ua-29493384.jpg.6a75d1e8c7be0ee705301dd5e78f8dbf.jpg</div>

And yet this one is taken again in the same environment with compensation set at minus 2

. Note that the rug colors and detail are good but again note the cement floor that it was

taken on displays the same problem of purple lines .

Hi Vincent,

Thank you very much for your note . I greatly appreciate it. I had already found similar

article under Digital-Olympus furom with direct info on C-5050 problem posted by

another user. Never the less much obliged. For everyone else that might have a similar

problem Olympus will fix it for free for 4 upto 4 years from the purchase date ( hopefully ).

For every one else that has ( or for that fact does not yet have ) this problem , the problem

has to do with CCD which is basically the heart of the camera failing. You can see the

advisory Olympus America Had published here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/C5050C730Advisory.pdf

And again, thank you very much Vincent.