Olympus μ[mju:] Zoom Panorama Flash Issue/Repair

longname

<p>Hello all!</p>

<p>I've recently been blessed with an Olympus [mju] Zoom Panorama. I put a fresh battery in it and the flash won't fire. Everything else seems to be working fine. I can see light through the lens when I set the flash to off whilst looking through the open back, otherwise with the flash set to fire the orange warning light blinks and the shutter won't trip. I put in a roll and I'm gonna see if any other issues come up.</p>

<p>But meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips about doing a flash repair on this camera, or if they could point me in the direction of some resources.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<h4><br /></h4>

<p>Thanks Patrick,<br>

I checked it and saw that the shutter was firing, and with the flash set to auto it works in enough light. I put a roll of film in it and I'm shooting through it. Everything seems to be working but the flash doesn't fire. I think the lamp is dead. I tried emailing Olympus but they said they had nothing for it cause it's so old. I'm gonna wait to see how the pictures develop. Worst case, I've got a sweeeet camera that I can only use in good enough light.<br>

Thanks again!</p>