Oly 24mm f2 I'm seeking opinions

t._zenjitsuman

<p>Looking at this lens for mirrorless camera <br>

Owners can you tell me you impression of extreme corner definition, is it sharp or soft?<br>

Also, are the corners of the exposure underexposed, if so by how much wide open at f2.<br>

How is this lens in direct sunlight, most of the samples for sale don't even have lens hoods<br>

is this because the lens doesn't need one? Is the flare well controlled.<br>

Finally is the out of focus "Bokeh" nice or average.<br>

Thanks for the reply.</p>

<p>IMO you won't have any advantages of this lens over the Pana 1.4/25. It will be much heavier and more difficult to handle and the optical quality will probably not be near as good. My personal experience with OM lenses is mixed. I like the results from my 1.4/50 (nice portrait lens, a bit soft), but found most other lenses I tried (1.8/50, 2.8/35, 2.8/28, 2.8/100) not on par with modern lens designs.</p>

<p>Stefan if that was what I was going to do I think your answer is right. But I am not looking to use it on a 4/3 but on an APS-C mirrorless. And I don't have such a good choice as the lens you use<br>

that is a 4/3 lens so its a perfect fit.<br>

We looked at using an adapter and looked at all the old camera film 35mm lenses from all the old<br>

manufacturers of course Canon, Nikon, Konica, Minolta, Pentax, Yashica/Zeiss, and Olympus<br>

I looked at full frame film 24mm lenses because on an APS-C that would be EFL of 36mm.<br>

Just about perfect for a street photo lens.<br>

One advantage is that the exposure on APS-C using a FF lens doesn't see the extreme<br>

edge of the lens since its got a 1.5x crop. The lens softness and vignetting is less since<br>

the sensor is operating in the sweet spot at the lens optical axis. For the camera I want<br>

to mount the lens on either the Oly f2 or the Canon FD f2 seem good candidates.<br>

Since I don't know who to ask that has used both of them, I guess just asking<br>

around for individual opinions on these lenses will have to do to help me make a choice between<br>

them. </p>

<p>Stefan if that was what I was going to do I think your answer is right. But I am not looking to use it on a 4/3 but on an APS-C mirrorless. And I don't have such a good choice as the lens you use<br>

that is a 4/3 lens so its a perfect fit.<br>

We looked at using an adapter and looked at all the old camera film 35mm lenses from all the old<br>

manufacturers of course Canon, Nikon, Konica, Minolta, Pentax, Yashica/Zeiss, and Olympus<br>

I looked at full frame film 24mm lenses because on an APS-C that would be EFL of 36mm.<br>

Just about perfect for a street photo lens.<br>

One advantage is that the exposure on APS-C using a FF lens doesn't see the extreme<br>

edge of the lens since its got a 1.5x crop. The lens softness and vignetting is less since<br>

the sensor is operating in the sweet spot at the lens optical axis. For the camera I want<br>

to mount the lens on either the Oly f2 or the Canon FD f2 seem good candidates.<br>

Since I don't know who to ask that has used both of them, I guess just asking<br>

around for individual opinions on these lenses will have to do to help me make a choice between<br>

them. </p>

• 3 weeks later...