OLDER LITTMAN CAMERA PRICES

william_littman1

<p>Dear Users<br /> Since we discontinued our website in 2012 we are often asked to identify earlier models and what the value is today.<br /> Under 1000 cameras have been made in 12 technical models over 15 years.<br /> there are two basic type of cameras <br /> 1)pre perfectible parallelism easily identifiable by two characteristics<br /> the front standard isn't braced and usually don't have a exterior design<br /> these cameras made 2000-2007 range in price now 900-2000 depending on lens and condition.<br /> although there were many intermediate models on the way to parallelism the price has sort of leveled due to <br /> the unavailability of Type 55 and the introduction of perfectible parallelism,</p>

<p>2) post perfectible parallelism these cameras are much more reliable and so more desirable and harder to find as fewer were made.<br /> because upgrading an older one to parallelism costs 2500,00 these usually sell for 1000 more if you can find one or more if with a special lens or depending on condition.<br /> 3) we do service all the perfectible parallelism models .<br /> We only make one tech model now which embodies all of the best improvements</p>

<p>4) regarding cameras with custom designs the value varies significantly from camera to camera as all one of a kind.<br /> I hope this helps I expect prices will return to 30% higher once type 55 is introduced again<br /> 5) To ensure that the value is genuine we have never bought them back and there is no restrictions on reselling them and we do offer service to second hand users.<br /> I will post a picture of what the perfectible parallelism front standard looks like<br /> thank you</p>

<p> </p>

<p> what makes sense is the willingness to communicate and appreciate each other despite our differences. All else tends to lead to fights based on the duality of the 3rd dimensional we live in.</p>

<p>Things only make more sense if more factors are considered than the usual for or against .<br>

I think getting everyone to agree on something would require something which has all sorts of limitations. maybe that can be achieved but is it worth the effort when the first thing everyone would agree that what all can agree on nobody wants haha</p>

<p>It would be helpful to make note here of descriptions the 12 technical variations with production figures for each variation.<br>

At least knowing how many of he earlier basic design were made, and how many of the "Perfected Parallelism" design were made.</p>

<p>Actually the business era for this from a monetary aspect has passed and while the cost may not be exactly "free" it isn't what it was back in the day and as you remember people would just make films and people bought them and now that requires crowdfunding so ther may be money involved but its come down to more of a hobbie and a service to existing users.<br>

Now as far as what makes sense some will love a camera because the photos are loveable and some will say any camera can give you the same and some who have experimented will then feel differently.<br>

I don't believe consensus was ever possible but more relevant years ago. now the profession has changed significantly and there is a sort of " its all the same" because digital is indeed inducing this so whatever the case may be if there is a difference it would have to mean something to those who care and don't care that there may be an expense involved versus clearing a SD card.</p>

<p>here is a link to a series of images<br>

There have been approximately 600 non parallelism cameras<br>

and about 350 with the improvement.</p>

<p>What I meant when I said the business era has passed I mean it has changed and now we get all of it from direct recommendations from direct users and none from people posting on forums and is a very subjective and elective choice and so I prefer to take a step back and stay with what seems comfortable and justified than have to worry that someone will be induced by a lot of people agreeing with it because he may not. Makes sense? So from where I stand the spam factor may appear as such because it isn't free but then we never ever got sales out of what was posted in the forums and then a camera which we haven't serviced in 10-15 years seems to retain a value despite the fact we have no involvement. It is what it is.</p>

<p> </p>

So it's not an advertisement, because you <i>"never ever got sales out of what was posted in the forums"</i>? That describes the difference between succesful and unsuccesful, not between being spam or not. ;-)<br>But i didn't think it was spam.<br><br>Did you sell series of identical cameras (your 600 of 1) and 350 of 2)) before selling custom cameras (and i assume those didn't sell in those numbers)? I'm just curious where you got the basic cameras from.

<p>I do believe that when there was a bigger usage of large format a posting may have been spam because it may induce sales but in time we realized the forums were a market for used cameras and we have no involvement and no revenue from that so it isn't that it is unsuccessful but that our market was different and so the intention to sell more was there at first but for a while now we don't expect to sell more from postings and just informative for second hand users as we don't have a website and cannot answer each info request with the lengthy and extensive detail it may require.<br>

the numbers vary and the upgrades between model 1 and seven were mostly internal .<br>

there are only about 75 custom exterior design cameras of unique design<br>

200 cameras with the current standard design<br>

and the rest had the original Polaroid look.</p>

• 4 months later...