Old thread leads to forum photos being used in article

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by albert_smith, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Many years ago, I initiated a "no words" thread on this site where the participants were asked to post photos based on left-brain or right- brain dominance.
    I was contacted by a writer for Digital Journalist, Beverly Spicer, who had come across this thread while preparing her own story on the left / right brain thing. She asked permission to use one of my photos in the article, which I was happy to allow.
    The article is now on-line, and my photo as well as one from Sal Ortega (a frequent poster from that time) are used and credited, as is Photo.net. If interested, take a look: Digital Journalist article

2. Beverly was very professional about the process, in addition to contacting the photographers, she contacted me to make sure it was okay to reference a photo.net thread in her article. I'm looking forward to reading it.

3. Congratulations on having your photo selected. It's a shame that the article is a load of pop-psychology pseudoscience that does more to confuse people about brain function than to help them understand it.

4. Albert, Good of you to post it (though I don't know why you chose "Vanity" category). Your original thread is interesting with some good posts.

I agree with Mike that the article is not very useful.

5. LB - RB...

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/

6. Xmm, interesting, according to the article I'm a predominantly left-brained person which appears to be quite in-line with my engineering background and strong reality preference (hence probably the reason of lacking of artistic view in most of my photography)...