old standard meets color film

<p>Few months ago I got an old Rolleiflex off the auction site for 30 dollars, upon the inspection, I found out that the shutter was slow at all speeds, transport had issues and focus was frozen. I called Krimar, but I was told by this nice Chap to just throw it to the "garba-ge" I than called Mark Hansen. He asked me to send the camera for evaluation, and few days later I got a quote of 250 dollars for total overhaul. I took the plunge and nine weeks later I get my camera back. I already forgot that it was a little beat up, but it was now working like magic. Mark sent me a nice bi-fold with all the work he did. Now I tried to load the film and, as you know, I had some issues. I first aligned the #1 to the B1 window and wasted a roll, than I aligned that to the second, B2, window and finally got it going. I had a light leak from the bottom window that looked like red flare on color film. I wanted to see if the camera worked, so I took it for half an hour walk to The Grove. Here are the results. I used Fuji 400H color film that was developed in C41 press kit.</p><div>00c47z-543020884.jpg.dba6215509cadf6b4be4d8ec3cc9cca7.jpg</div>

<p>This is the last shot. All in all the camera is working great. I noticed that the frames, although spaced evenly, are very close to each other maybe 1/16th of an inch. My scanner had issues making out the breaks and I had to manually select the frames. Shutter works great, focus is smooth and I think accurate- overall I am happy with the "investment". I will run more film through it as soon as I get some more time.</p><div>00c484-543021284.jpg.9f719aef955a108a99edee823957b82b.jpg</div>

<p>That's the somewhat rare f4.5 model. They didn't make many. Most were f3.8 or f3.5. Nice of you to get it overhauled. Now it will work for many years to come! I have a few of these but only shot one roll. It had terrible light leaks due to a loose film door. I have other newer Rolleiflex cameras that I will be using, mostly the 3.5F that I just had overhauled. But I have a soft spot for the pre-WWII Rolleiflex and own quite a few of them in my collection. Most recently I bought a Rolleiflex I f4.5 model for $70. It is the very first Rolleiflex.</p>

<p>Well done, both the keeping the camera going and in the shots taken with it.</p>

<p>In my circle, this camera has what we call "character" in the best way.</p>

<p>This surely has to be what Classic Manual Cameras is all about. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing your results. Great Investment I think. I might have choked and preferred spending money on a later version. I like the definition " character" for this camera. My recent folder has it too. Do push some more film through it. As for the spacing .. I know what you mean with the scanner not finding the breaks. You might want to mask the gateway a bit this will give a smidge more space. Put a piece of black tape across the bottom or top of the film gate and let it overhang just a bit. I liked the little garden house and the flower was excellent.</p>

<p>I am very pleased with this camera. There is one more I am anticipating, but that will be surprise and I will share the results from it once it arrives. I don't know how I ended up here in CMC forum, but I remember looking in from time to time when I was die hard digital guy. One day I got sucked in and I'm loving every day spent with classic cameras. I just finished shooting Graflex RB with some Ilford positive paper, but I soon realized that the paper has very little latitude when it comes to exposure. I didn't get results I would be happy with. Next up, I am loading my Yashica and heading out to shoot some fall colors.</p>

Good to see your Rollei, looks like a winner. I've had a Rollei T for around 40 years and other than a cla 25 years ago it still works like a charm.

This shot of Murph has lost a little in translation. Originally it was shot on Fuji 100asa E-6, pushed a stop then an interneg and finially a C print. Nothing like working in a color lab.<div>00c4MJ-543042584.jpg.d09bd41dca079935acccf0a514ef8348.jpg</div>