just for kicks i was going to buy an oktomat. i KNOW it's not going to take quality pictures.....but i

thought it would be fun to have around this weekend when some friends are coming to visit me in

the city for the first time. it would give us some funky reminders to hang around the apartment.....

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of camera....reviews online are

mixed from 'piece of crap' to 'fun toy'. i know its not going to last for years, but i was wondering if it

was as cheap and breakable as the reviews on amazon make it out to be. (i have a lomo fisheye

and a holga.....so i'm used to the cheap plastic feel of a camera....and have been digging the

results....a refreshing change...and much lighter load to carry than the DSLR with caNON L glass)

so i was wondering if anyone would share their experiences with this or other similar lomo multi

exposure cameras...thanks so much.

I have an Oktomat, Supersampler and Action Sampler. From memory....I found the Oktomat produced too small an image (because you are fitting eight onto a 35mm negative). The Actionsampler was better in this respect, so the pictures are slightly better. The Supersampler had two speeds (slow and fast interval) which works better, but the panoramic format was more limiting for just a sequence of shots of a subject, however it does offer nice possibilities for moving and trying to cover one subject in the four slots of each picture - if that makes sense!. I can't remember but I don't think either of the others has the different speeds. The actionsampler has flash which makes it fun indoors and for parties etc (although people look a little dazed with the sudden volley of four flashes!). As for build - they are cheap, crappy, plastic, and probably way over priced but all of mine are still working if you treat them carefully....or at least don't drop them when throwing in the air for arial spinning shots! :-) I hope this helps a little. I have also seen another Japanese camera marketed for golfing enthusiasts that takes a sequence of 12 shots, so if the image size is less important than image size then that may be worth hunting down....

thanks for taking the time to respond....i did a little digging online and i think i might

eventually get an all weather action sampler (a little pricier but it has adjustable

speeds.) i haven't quite decided...i might just bite the bullet and grab the oktomat

because i get that instant gratification rather than waiting for an online order to come in

(they are selling the oktomat a couple blocks from my house) and order the action

sampler for future adventures. i djust want something for the adventures this

weekend.....

I have the action sampler Flash and a huge collection of old Russian cams.

The problem I have with multi exposure camera s: if you don't use flash you need very sensitive film, thus grainy. So flash is an absolute must for indoors the octomat has no flash so only good on sunny days.

On a roll of 36, I end up with 1, max 2 interseting exposures

Sometimes you get realy lucky

check out my lomohome: www.lomohomes.com/Lennert<div>00Ps3G-50135684.jpg.cb3c90705a9bda07e62e11fe28af3617.jpg</div>