Odyssey of State Capitols and State Suspicion

vic_.

I don't know how many could endure the persecution that Ramak Fazek went

through, and still complete his photographic project.

<p><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/arts/design/20shat.html?sq=ramak%

20fazel&st=nyt&scp=1&pagewanted=all">THE PHOTOGRAPHIC JOURNEY AND ORDEAL OF

RAMAK FAZEL.</a>

<p>It is absurd how nobody takes responsibility for righting a wrong. We seem

to have a cumulative database, once you get in, you'll never get out.

I was reading Michael Palin's Diary and he talks of living in London in the 70s when the

IRA was blowing up buildings on a regular basis. People went about their normal daily

lives and ate at restaurants even though they were targets.

I have also read some statistic that if every flight on a given day were to crash and kill all

passengers, it would still be less than the amount of people killed in cars on that day. I

think that was the statistic, it was the gist of it anyway.

What really can the terrorists do to incapacitate us? The way to fight terrorists is to not

be terrified.

Chad

Craig Gillette, Nobody is condoning people crashing planes into buildings, but don't you think it is worth a few moments of our time to ponder what drives someone to give up their life for such an act.

We tackle everything the same way here. We try and suppress the symptoms, while ignoring the underlying causes. Look at the "war" on drugs. We go after the sellers, while not even thinking about what is it about our society that drives people to drink and drugs. The same way in the healthcare arena. Take a pill to lower your cholesterol, but continue having those Morton's steaks.

Here's a story that could never play on our TV stations. It's a German TV production from four years ago. It would wake us up to the reality on the ground.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m61elAh5F1c

Have we really learnt anything from all this? The upcoming elections should be interesting.

"The upcoming elections should be interesting." Obama and/or Hillary(they have both pledged secretly to be each others VP if they lose) will make the world a better place. Pestilence, war, famine and un-happiness will disappear in few years of their leadership. The US will then join the EU and we can live like brothers and sisters forever and ever. Osama will see the error of his ways say he's sorry for all the infidels that he blew up or be-headed. Vic, is correct, the elections will be interesting.

The Wikiquote site did say that there are many variations of the quote, so it doesn't match Brad's definitive one. :)

What's really sad is that the only candidate in the field who comes closest to Ben Franklin is Ron Paul, who can never get elected. What have we become.

I know. Ben just called :)<p>

By the way, the wiki entries I have looked at, in cases where I'm acquainted with the subject matter, have ranged from detailed and accurate all the way down to not even close.<p>

In this instance, one <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_who_would_give_up_Essential_Liberty>wiki entry</a> points out that the statement is often misquoted.