<p>With the current version of the Nvidia driver I am getting a different and annoying behavior regarding my desktop icons: they won’t stay put.<br>

For every program except Photoshop, I use one monitor at1280x1024 resolution with all the icons fitting in that space.</p>

<p>For Photoshop, I use two monitors with the main one set at 1600x1200. Before upgrading the driver, the icons would stay where they were relative to each other and the upper left corner of the screen. When I switched back to 1280x1024, the icons would still be where I put them.<br>

<br /> <br /> Now with every change of resolution the icons jump around, lining themselves up vertically in columns starting in the upper left and in random order.<br /> <br /> Does anyone know how to make icons stay where I put them?<br /> <br /> Thanks.</p>

<p>Presuming this is Windows XP, right nclick on the desktop... top (or near the top) choice should be "Arrange Icons By..." Take a look at that and see what's selected... "Auto Arrange" is the product feature you are experiencing. Deselect that, and choose "Lock ..." once you've got your items where you want them.</p>