NPS (nikon pro service)

drew carson

Drew, the website tells it all - just tell them about your photography. Don't forget the letterhead.

How to Become a NPS Member

To become a member:

* Write a letter of introduction to Nikon Professional Services (see address below) on your letterhead (or your company's stationery).

* Tell us about your photography and request an invitation to join.

I've read other posts that in some countries the pro must own at least two pro bodies, pro lenses etc. I've also heard that you need to have a current NPS member sign off on the application. Is any of this needed for the US? I'd like to join as a pro but don't know if anyone in NPS that could sign me off since I'm a freelancer. This would be good news if I could write them a letter to join.

--

Joe Nekrasz

www.nekraszphoto.com

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here is an answer to my own question:

NPS Offers Preferential Service to Professional Nikon Photographers

Nikon Professional Services provides valuable assistance for pros in every segment of the photography field, including newspaper, industrial, police and forensic, medical photography, commercial studios, audio-visual production houses and even special movie productions.

And, of course, we've long been known for our intensive coverage of field events. NPS is also available to work with national photographic organizations offering advice and assistance, demonstrating the latest Nikon products, and lecturing on various photography topics. Let NPS help you take the world's greatest pictures.

How to Become a NPS Member

Nikon Professional Services is available only to bona-fide, FULL-TIME professional photographers. There are absolutely no costs involved in joining NPS, only important benefits designed to help you.

To become a member:

Write a letter of introduction to Nikon Professional Services (see address below) on your letterhead (or your company's stationery).

Tell us about your photography and request an invitation to join.

You will need to meet the qualifying requirements below after you receive your application.

To qualify:

NPS Sponsor (existing member to verify that you are a full-time photographer)

Current Tear Sheets (published within the last 12 months)

Ownership of a minimum of 2 Nikon Professional Bodies and 3 Nikkor or DX Nikkor lenses

Mail your NPS letter of introduction to:

Nikon Professional Services

1300 Walt Whitman Road

Melville, New York 11747-3064

Each application will be processed on an individual basis. Then, after this information has been verified and approved, you'll receive your NPS membership card with all its privileges, as well as details on how to use the Priority Repair Service.