Now this is nice!

guy_gervais

<p>Justin, why do you believe it's metal and not "metal-colored plastic"? I am actually mildly disappointed that the K-7 appears to be less metal-ly than MZ-S, more plastic than I thought it would be. On MZ-S, for example, the pop-up flash really is metal, but on K-7, seems to be plastic.</p>

<p>Anyway, we've seen Pentax do these alternate color special editions in the later stages of several of their past bodies' lifetimes including the K10D 'Grand Prix', K20D titanium, a relatively uncommon Silver K200D, and the Olive K-m. If they decide however to try and make a K-x distinctive, they're probably going to have to pull out all the stops, maybe cover it with fur?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The K-7 seemed pretty metal too me. I can never tell with the crinkle finish what is metal and what isn't. Actually when the K-7 arrived I wasn't even sure if it was metal (even though I knew it was).</p>

<p>Heck it took me like a week to determine if the DA* lenses were metal.</p>

<p>As far as the flash, it's the weakest spot on the camera, it is why "professional" cameras lack these things. Plastic or metal, it's a weak link. I wouldn't be glad to see it go, but I'd love to see some sort of really small hotshoe flash in it's place.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also struggle to identify what's metal. I thought the Sigma 100-300 was just tough plastic until I read the outer shell is metal. It does give a 'tink' sound if you tap it. If they're using top quality plastics I don't know if there's really a big difference?</p>

• 2 weeks later...