Not new, not old member, but...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by acbeddoe, Feb 5, 2010.

1. I play an old-timer in real life.
    I'm an amateur who's been at it for many years. Started with Pentax Spotmatic in the early 70's, have also used Canon, Minolta, Olympus, and Nikon 35mm cameras.
    I lost interest for a few years in the 90's. My ratio of good shots was just too low; it was getting too expensive.
    When Nikon introduced the D70, I jumped back in. It took 6 months for the impact of the freedom for exploration and learning that digital provided to really sink in. I no longer worried over each shot as much - in fact, sometimes not enough. But the accelerated learning curve that the immediate feedback and virtually no-cost-per-shot that a dSLR provides has been a revelation to this once discouraged photographer.
    I mostly like landscape and wildlife. I've done some event, wedding, and portrait work, but I'm really not very good at it, especially candid group shots - I have a wide selection of pictures of the backs of peoples' heads.
    Currently, I am working on printing and framing my photos, and creating an album for my brother's recent wedding.

2. Also, I've gone through D70, D40, D40x, D80 and now use D300 and D700. I'm definitely an equipment geek.

3. "But the accelerated learning curve that the immediate feedback and virtually no-cost-per-shot that a dSLR provides has been a revelation to this once discouraged photographer."​
    My sentiments exactly! That's exactly what got me into shooting again.
    I would be an equipment geek too if I had the $ for it. For now my d50 will have to suffice.