Not new, not old member, but...

acbeddoe

<p>I play an old-timer in real life.<br>

I'm an amateur who's been at it for many years. Started with Pentax Spotmatic in the early 70's, have also used Canon, Minolta, Olympus, and Nikon 35mm cameras.<br>

I lost interest for a few years in the 90's. My ratio of good shots was just too low; it was getting too expensive.<br>

When Nikon introduced the D70, I jumped back in. It took 6 months for the impact of the freedom for exploration and learning that digital provided to really sink in. I no longer worried over each shot as much - in fact, sometimes not enough. But the accelerated learning curve that the immediate feedback and virtually no-cost-per-shot that a dSLR provides has been a revelation to this once discouraged photographer.<br>

I mostly like landscape and wildlife. I've done some event, wedding, and portrait work, but I'm really not very good at it, especially candid group shots - I have a wide selection of pictures of the backs of peoples' heads.<br>

Currently, I am working on printing and framing my photos, and creating an album for my brother's recent wedding.</p>

<blockquote>

<p> "But the accelerated learning curve that the immediate feedback and virtually no-cost-per-shot that a dSLR provides has been a revelation to this once discouraged photographer."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>My sentiments exactly! That's exactly what got me into shooting again. </p>

<p>I would be an equipment geek too if I had the $ for it. For now my d50 will have to suffice.</p>