Norman Stand Adapters

hjoseph7

I have a lot of Norman Lighting equipment that I sometimes use to earn extra cash. I have been trying to find the Pins that fit in this stand adapter: Norman Stand Adapter Insert for R4108 & R4130 - 3/8" . Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere not even on B&H ? The Pins fit inside the hole in the adapter shown and then screw onto the stand itself.

• 4 weeks later...
Took another sip of coffee. The pin or bolt I don't think you will find that at at photography store either online or at a brick and motor store. Take it to hardware store perferably One of the smaller ones that still has their hardware in drawers. If you are out of the US be aware that it is not a metric thread.

I don't think they sell them anymore. The pin use to go in the black adapter and had female threads at the bottom so you could screw it on a light stand. This use to keep the 'umbrella adapter' pretty stable on the light stand.

What I do now is use one of these brass studs https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546497-REG/Manfrotto_118_118_Universal_Short_Spigot.html instead of the black Norman Adapter. I have to make sure that the tightening screw on the umbrella adapter does not go into the holes on the side of the stud, otherwise the stud will start wiggling while its on the stand.

Once I have the stud nice and tight into the umbrella adapter, I use one of these female spigots https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1305583-REG/impact_srp_101p_round_short_adapter_with.html to attach the entire contraption to the light stand. It's not as convenient as the Norman pin, but it works !

Norman is practically hanging by a thin thread ever since they got taken over by Promark International . It's a shame because I like and I still own some of their equipment.