Noritsu QSF V30 & Frontier SP2500

I've been running a fair amount of film. I've liked the results I've seen from the Noritsu and scanned on a Fuji Frontier SP2500. Has

anyone here had any experience using this equipment? What amount of volume would be suffiecient to keep the chemistry decent? Any

resources you know of would be appreciated.

<p>As you know, machine processors thrive on volume. As the photo material develops, chemical changes take place. The tank formulas lose activity due to consumption, oxidation, and byproduct accumulation. Additionally, evaporation causes the fluids to become more concentrated. In other words, forces are afoot that cause harm to the stability of the process.</p>

<p>The chemicals of the process are easily maintained and will last indefinitely provided the operator maintains the replenishment system. These are metering pumps that induce replenishment chemicals into the working tanks based on the area of material processes. Both the Noritsu film processor and the Fuji printer processor have these systems. As long as these systems are well maintained and volume is sufficient, the chemicals will be OK.</p>

<p>What is the minimum volume needed to maintain the process? Engineers use a utilization calculation based on tank turn-over. Most engineers place this at one complete working tank turn-over in four weeks.</p>

<p>The film machine uses C-41RA Cycle chemicals. The input rate is 19ml per 35mm roll 24 exposures. The developer tank volume is 7.6 liters. One tank turn-over = 7.6 x 100 ÷ 19 = 400 rolls. That’s 100 per week.</p>

<p>Tank volume of the Fuji Frontier is not known to me. Rate using Kodak Ektaclor RT is 20ml per sq. foot of paper. Thus for one hundred 8x10 = 55 sq. ft x 20 =1.1 liter. Use this to calculate number of prints required to reach one tank turn=over.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Before you make this move, talk to min-lab owners regarding the labor of machine operation. You likely are not aware of the start-up and shut -down procedures and the routine weekly maintenance. In addition, check and double-check the cost and availability of the chemicals. Know the electrical requirements, cost to make electrical improvements to your home. Know the local sewer regulations; will you need a permit to discharge to the sewer? If no discharge is to the sewer, then cost of haul away. Make a spreadsheet of costs and calculate cost per roll.</p>