Nontraditional wedding locations - a new tendency??

I live in Sao Paulo - BRASIL and i?ve been working as a wedding photographer

for almost 15 years. I would like to hear your comments about something that I

read on MSN about nontraditional wedding under the point of view that people

are more and more looking forward to save money and make things more simple on

wedding cerimony.

Is this all about money?? (I d?ont think so....)

What you guys are doing to face this?

What I can tell you is that this is a tendency here in my country!

Kindly look at the "slide show" when reading the MSN comments and look for a

picture of a wedding cerimony in a STAIR!!!

Link is:

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4832344&GT1=9966

Rgds

Antonio

It looked very elegant to me and after reading it said it costs more for a non traditional venue so I am not sure what you mean about saving money. Regardless of where a wedding is they need to understand that photogrpahy is the most important part, and the only part the remains in the future.

"Regardless of where a wedding is they need to understand that photogrpahy is the most important part"

To me, my guests having a fantastic time would be the most important part. Photography would be important, but not top of the list. This is said by an aspiring photographer - myself.

I note that here in Anchorage, fewer local churches are willing to open up their buildings to non-members. I know from first hand experience that there is just no money in it for the churches. It's cheaper for them to just say, "No." But this has forced many couples to get creative with other venues. I don't know if this trend is different elsewhere.

About 25% of our weddings are shot in churches. (We're based in Atlanta, GA, and shoot

throughout the Southeast.) 75% of our couples get married outside and/or in a non-

traditional indoor venue like a gallery or a barn or even a relative's home.

Our clients who do not choose a church for their ceremony cite the following reasons:

-No connection with a local church. They don't care to spend their money to reserve a

church sanctuary that will feel stiff and impersonal and impose too many rules on them.

-They're artists, and they like the more creative, fluid feel of a non-church ceremony.

-They're aware of most church's strict photography rules, and they don't want their

ceremony images limited to only a handful of shots from the back of the church. (In the

South, almost EVERY church we've shot limits the photography to shots taken from the

Narthex when he doors open, or they don't allow photography at all.)

I live in South Africa, and "non-traditional" venues have become extremely popular here. Many venues that host receptions have built their own non-denominational chapels, or even just use the reception premises or the open air for the wedding service. As these places are usually coupled with great sites for creative photogrpahy they are a boon to the photographer. I think that only 10% of the weddings I do a year are held in traditional churches.

<p><em>Regardless of where a wedding is they need to understand that photogrpahy is the

most important part, and the only part the remains in the future</em></p>

<p>If I ever met a bride and groom who thought this I'd think their priorities were all

wrong :-)</p>