<p>hello<br>

i use canon 400d and sometimes shoot at iso 400 or iso 800<br>

by using a software (such as noiseware ) can i reduce the noise from these images, so these images which are taken on iso 400 or 800 look like photographed on iso 100 or better ? <br>

please can someone tell me which is a good software for reducing noise ? <br>

thank you very much</p>

<p>I use Noiseware and it's fantastic, but the one thing you need to be careful of, is that noise reduction can degrade the image and smooth over details (in more extreme cases).<br>

When I use it, I'll usually dial down the reduction a bit, so the details are kept intact, and a little bit of noise is left over, which I generally don't have a problem with.<br>

Is the 400D at ISO400 or 800 really that noisy? A little bit of noise isn't a bad thing, but once you get up to 1600+ on most bodies it can get pretty bad.</p>

<p>On my 400D, ISO 400 isn't bad unless you are making exposure corrections in post, then it can get pretty noisy. At 800 it is pretty ugly. I have tried both Noiseware and Noise Ninja. Both work very well, but have very different user interfaces. Try the trial version of both and pick one you are comfortable with. My opinion is that Noise Ninja seems to do a better job of balancing noise reduction and detail loss, but I'm sure if I spent the time to really learn how to use Noiseware I could achieve similar results.</p>

<p>I've been unimpressed with the noise reduction in Lightroom, it doesn't do anything remotely similar to what external tools do. I use Dfine and find it does an excellent job of removing noise and minimizing softness. It appears to choose which areas need noise and which don't, something other tools may do. The LR tool does it globally.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I've been unimpressed with the noise reduction in Lightroom, it doesn't do anything remotely similar to what external tools do. I use Dfine and find it does an excellent job of removing noise and minimizing softness. It appears to choose which areas need noise and which don't, something other tools may do. The LR tool does it globally.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Another great feature in Dfine is that it can be applied locally or not applied locally, according to one's own preferences.</p>

<p>Rob</p>

<p>I used the noise reduction in LightRoom for a while, but then some one suggested that the noise reduction in DPP is better, and I saw a definite difference. Now, (a question to all of you) how does DPP noise reduction compare to the other external tools you have mentioned?</p>