No Words Camera thread

PN is alive and kicking after all. I just noticed the incredible amount of LIKES given to photos in the No Words "camera" thread. Wow. That sure does get our attention.

There's something about this thread that reminds me of sexting, though I can't quite put my finger on it ... :cool:

• Like 5

"You talkin' to me?"

PN is alive and kicking after all. I just noticed the incredible amount of LIKES given to photos in the No Words "camera" thread. . . [etc] . . .

Haha. Quite Funny. I was so excited that I took a screen shot of my "LIKES" ... I didn't thunk it would be possible to get so many, in one basket. I must remember to display 20D and EF-S 18 to 55L more often.

• Like 1

Well when there are no words but “like” that is pretty much the only comment you can make.

Simply consider that, and take it for what it is worth. If you want a critique from someone simply ask.

There are many reasons to like a photograph beyond the technical, imaginative, or artistic qualities.

I never considered the “Like” feature to mean something more than it is.

It is a simple way to give a nod to a fellow photographer.

I do understand if people seldom or never use it.

I don’t really think that the internet is a place to seek personal validation anyway.

It’s an entertaining place to learn.

Take and give as you choose.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that most will accept that post #3 is an attempt at humour ... certainly the posting of the image of my 20D and my EF-S "L" lens was meant as humour too.

I thought probably the OP was written a tad tongue in cheek, or 'cheeky' - which was funny to my sense of humour.

A 'cheeky' OP, and within it a good message - Photo.net, with all its technical issues, is not all that bad a forum.

Anecdotally, PN is more 'alive' than some other Photography Forums.

WW

Edited by William Michael
  • Like 4

I am pretty sure that most will accept that post #3 is an attempt at humour ... certainly the posting of the image of my 20D and my EF-S "L" lens was meant as humour too.

I thought probably the OP was written a tad tongue in cheek, or 'cheeky' - which was funny to my sense of humour.

It seems we have similar tongues-in-cheekiness and are likeminded in our understandings of humor.

Now .... if we could only agree on its spelling! :)

• Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"

Context.....

“Often, the more personal and/or edgy photos and ones that are not as easily digested as Wonder Bread, photos that may require a bit of time and thought to appreciate, are the ones lacking in LIKES. I’ve said in other threads that one could make a case for NOT getting likes being a badge of honor!”

Unfortunately it is a distraction... nearly a watermark on everyone's photo with a contrasting banner and a list of names that are difficult to ignore. No way to just turn it off or make it more subtle ... without the names and banner. Or if the names are important just click on the number displayed next to like button.

20090723-L1000504.jpg.18649ce688dbf7f9075cd51f6ac441cd.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f83c4a2fdd838583d77ee54a6c263e54.jpg

• Like 3

n e y e

PN is alive and kicking after all. I just noticed the incredible amount of LIKES given to photos in the No Words "camera" thread. Wow. That sure does get our attention.

There's something about this thread that reminds me of sexting, though I can't quite put my finger on it ... :cool:

Hmmm yeah, hadn't noticed but now you that mention it... I got "no words", but you may put me down for 1 *like*.

My mind goes to the oddest places. For instance, I wonder how many of the non-LIKES people get, which are views without a LIKE, and we get way more views than LIKES, would translate to DISLIKES if the option were there. Now THAT’S depressing, amiright?

What if we’ve all been blinded by the LIKE?

:(:(:(

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

I wonder how many of the non-LIKES people get, which are views without a LIKE, and we get way more views than LIKES, would translate to DISLIKES if the option were there. Now THAT’S depressing, amiright?

Curiously obsessed with this methinks.

So much for your avowed shades of grey view of the world.....

Curiously obsessed with this methinks.

So much for your avowed shades of grey view of the world.....

You're taking this way too seriously. The rest of us are having fun. I invite you to join in and ease the load.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"

Oh OK.

It’s all just a joke.

About a thread from August you didn’t post to.

Lots of Joking about this particular activity.

Badge of Honor and all that in all those other posts.

Just all a bunch of joking...

Seems more like a burr under someone’s saddle.

Perhaps it’s time for a new routine.

Edited by Moving On