No Words: Anything that jumps

arnabdas

<i>

"Tell us more about that life size adapter ... is it a close-up lens??"

</I>

<p>

Nah, it's closer to a teleconverter in concept. It's a dedicated bit for the old (Kiron built) Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro. The native lens focuses from infinity down to 1:2. If you insert the life size adapter between the lens and the body, you get down to 1:1 (and the lens had a special set of markings for it).

<P>

It's actually kind of like an extension tube with 4 corrective elements in it. You can't focus to infinity with it installed.

<p>

Apparently it works with some other lenses? Mine is 'in the wind' (stolen), though I still have the lens.

Peter,

if my memory is correct, this life-size adaptor will keep the speed of the master lens. Yes, the lens will loose some f-stop values as it it focused closer, but this particular life-size converter prevents the whole lens/converter combo from losing f-stop values which normally caused by attaching conventional extension tubes.

<i> if my memory is correct, this life-size adaptor will keep the speed of the master lens. Yes, the lens will loose some f-stop values as it it focused closer, but this particular life-size converter prevents the whole lens/converter combo from losing f-stop values which normally caused by attaching conventional extension tubes.</i>

<p>

As has been said many times, and as Todd points out, this tube with corrective elements does nothing other than correct some aberrations at highre magnifications.

<p>

It is better than Nikon's PN tubes. Lenses behave exactly the same when it comes to light transmission.