No Way, Jose -- Jose Angel "Retiring" from Nikon Forum Wednesday Threads

ShunCheung

<p>After over a year of starting the tradition and initiating Wednesday image threads every week, Jose Angel recently informed me that he would like to step down from doing that in early 2010. However, he will start the last Wednesday thread #53 for 2009 on December 30. My first reaction was "No way, Jose."</p>

<p>I would like to once again thank Jose for his tireless effort for over a year. Hopefully he can continue to participate in this forum, including the Wednesday threads. We are fortunate that Matt Laur has agreed to initiate those threads starting from the first Wednesday in 2010, which is January 6. Since Jose lives in Europe while Matt is in North America, the timing when those threads will start may shift a bit, but we understand that we very much are an international forum with members posting from New Zealand, Australia, Japan, India, the Middle East thru Africa, Europe and all the way to Hawaii. We'll try to make sure that the Wednesday threads are available at a convenient time, but you get almost an entire week to contribute. There is no rush.</p>

<p>Please join me thanking both Jose and Matt. Believe me, it is not easy to perform like clockwork and start a thread on time week after week. I can only wish we had more members like them making positive contributions to this forum so that everybody can benefit.</p>

<p>And happy holidays to everybody.</p>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Jose's cheerful persistence in launching the Wednesday post every week, and his delightfully varied subject matter, have been an inspiration. Though the thread's starting point will be moving west across the Atlantic to the east coast of the US, the plan is to still have each thread up very early so that everyone can still enjoy it with their coffee (even if it's their second cup of coffee, in Europe).<br /><br />Thanks again, Jose, for the last 52 weeks of good, clean, Nikon-centric fun. We're all a little more worldly for your efforts, and a little more likely to go out and shoot every week like we're supposed to. Now, no pressure or anything, but next week's post better be special!</p>

<p>Let me chime in, and say a THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to Jose. Your stamina to start these threads every Wednesday is quite marvellous.</p>

<p>And, a THANK YOU to Matt, who has agreed to continue this task. Until I started to join these Wednesday threads, I did not realise how fast the weeks went. (And I guess my employer also want to say a thank you, as these threads due to the time zone shift, now will start when I am back home from work... ;) )</p>

<p>Jose, thank you for your thread and for watching over it. Although I don't post in it every week, it always motivates me when I see the great photographs that are posted. I do appreciate you giving it a start and for your faithfullness to it this past year. And with Matt, I'm sure that it will receive the same fine stewardship. Thanks to the both of you. Joe</p>

<p>Many thnaks to Jose for starting the Wednesday thread, and to Matt for stepping in to continue it. I so look forward to checking out the thread every Wednesday to see all the wonderful pictures that have been posted. It brightens up my week!</p>

<p>Huge thanks to Jose for the truly inspirational WedNEsDAy-threads and photos he has started the threads with! Without those threads I would have taken much less photos, looked much less photos and thought much less photography in general. In short: you most likely have made me a better photographer by keeping me active and for that I'm ever grateful to you!</p>

<p>And Matt, equally huge thanks to you for keeping these marvelous threads active in the future and keeping me more active in the days to come!</p>

<p>A "Thank You" to Jose for starting this wonderful thread and another "Thank You" to Matt Laur for taking over the helm.<br>

This is a wonderful thread every week, one that I and many many more amateurs look forward to. Being able to post photos along with people from all over the world makes total Peace one step forward.<br>

Here's to a great 2009 and Here's to a Great 2010 !!</p>

<p>phil b<br>

benton, ky</p>

<p>Indeed, kudos to Jose. I think this is one of the most remarkable and very well done things regarding Nikon photography on the entire Internet. I just got myself an already outdated Nikon D200 to put behind some MF Nikkors and am having a ball with my foray into the digital world. These images, from across our planet, are simply an inspiration to me and much anticipated. If someone had the time, inclination, and copyright agreements and all that, one could compile a fascinating "Nikon Wednesday" best of the best photo book.<br>

Well done. </p>

<p>I would also like to add my thanks to Jose for starting what has become one of my favorite things on the net and also to Matt for offering to take it over (please Matt - no more of those naked cat pictures. I still haven't gotten the last one out of my memory!)</p>

<p>Good on both of you!</p>

<p>And Happy Holidays to all the readers of this forum.</p>

<p>HLA</p>

<p>So many wonderful people here, so much good work. You have indeed made Photo.net the Google of photography. Thank you Jose that was fantastic......what fun. And welcome to Matt......who could fit those shoes better?!! I am sure the fun is going to continue. I sure learnt from the WednesdayPic perspectives.....<br>

And wish you all a wonderful set of Holidays and a Lovely New Year. </p>

<p>Thanks, José, for a weekly feast of photography! It is, to me, without any doubt one of the best photography-forum-things in the world, and thoroughly focussed on what it should all be about: gorgeous photos.<br>

And upfront a big thanks to Matt for stepping up. I'm sure things will stay as they are, which means good :-)</p>

<p>Now I have to see if I have anything halfway decent to contribute for #52.....</p>

<p>I started posting on the week late 20s or something like that and this thread HAS BEEN the motivation, education, and inspiration of/for my interest in the photography. I admit that most of my entry are still mediocre but excercise is what counts in this hobby and result and process are both fun. I truly appreciate Jose for doing this thread every week and I will be in your debt forever. And Matt, you, too, have helped from time to time and I am looking forward to the NEW Wednesday photo series.<br>

<br />Again, Jose, YOUR Wednesday photo thread will be sorely missed, but thank you, thank you, thank you.</p>

<p>Happy holidays, everyone.</p>

<p>Ken</p>

<p>Jose, I hope you'll still be there each week even if you're not starting the thread. I really enjoy your pictures :-) Thanks for starting such a great tradition here on Pnet.<br>

Matt, congratulations on your new challenge! Good on you for steping up and taking over!<br>

Hamish</p>

<p>Many, many thanks to Jose for starting this wonderful thread all those weeks ago. I lurked for a long time before deciding to take a deep breath and participate, and I'm so glad I did. What a wonderful community! I am continually blown away by the variety and the quality of work displayed. I agree with Greg Jones...a Nikon Wednesday photo book would be spectacular.</p>

<p>Thank you, too, in advance to Matt for keeping the light burning. I really do think I'd have to sit down and have a good cry (and maybe a stiff drink) if my Wednesdays went back to the way they used to be...</p>

<p>Here's to the next 52 weeks of Nikon Wednesday!</p>

<p>Thanks to <strong>Jose</strong> for leading us through Year One and for coming up with the brilliant idea in the first place.</p>

<p>And thanks to <strong>Matt</strong> for taking the baton so that the tradition may continue.</p>

<p>Here's looking forward to thousands of amazing new <strong>Wednesday</strong> images in 2010!</p>