No more Polaroid by the end of the year.

q.g._de_bakker

What all will this affect?

Do you guys believe someone else will buy the technology to keep it going?

Doesn't it stand to reason that they've already shopped this in order to keep from having to lay off all those people?

I'm mostly interested in Hasselblad gear so how does this affect Hasselblad?

Fuji may save the day for instant film users.

It'd be great to think Polaroid and Kodak actually used reason, business sense and cared about their employees, but they've been missing the boat in my opinion since 2000.

For $50 bucks get a lens adapter for your Hasselblad lenses to your digital SLR. Polaroid check with a histogram that you can actually use.

Stuart - Fuji makes/made some stuff designated FP100 (?) or something like that; I use it in my Hassy and Mamiya pola backs - I think those backs were built for 669 (or 6XX something), then again, maybe I have the numbers wrong. It wouldn't be a first.

Thanks Frank -- You are right about Fuji making an instant print film for medium format

polaroid backs, but the difference is that Polariod's 669 film gave you a print AND a negative.

You would take the negative out, wash it in sodium sulfite and then you had a negative that

you could print in the normal darkroom or scan...they were beautiful negatives...very fine

grain and lovely tonality. The fuji instant films don't give you a negative, just a print. So while

they are useful for checking lighting and exposure, they don't give you the ability to make a

nice print from the photo if the shot you made was a keeper.

This news is horrible for me... a good portion of my work has depended on that "Polaroid"

look which you don't really get with any other film. The Fuji stuff is fantastic, but you only

have one color and one B&W to pick from, and it doesn't have that unique interpretation that

Polaroid gives.<p>I agree that 669 and 55 also are great films. While it doesn't have any

signature look (unless you include the negative film edges in your print), I love having the big

neg in a matter of seconds.<p>I can only hope that Fuji somehow fills in the void.