no edixa 16 cassette

robert_ante

<p>Martin, you mentioned in an earlier post that you prefered to use the Exixa 16 without the cassettte. Since the RADA cassettes are impossible to find, I would like to know your method of loading the camera so that the film is spooled to the take-up chamber. I don't have an Edixa yet but would like to try one if loading is feasable for me.</p>

<p>You can cut a piece of 50cm of 16mm unperforation or perforation film in the dark room, roll it up <br>

into a roll. Remove the take up spool from the take up chamber, insert one end of the rolled up film leader into the spring clip of the take up spool, make sure to push the film as far as it goes, then hold the roll up<br>

film in one hand, hold the take up spring in other hand, drop the rolled up film into the supply chamber<br>

drop the take up spool into the take up chamber, make sure the two holes of the take up spool is drops<br>

over the two prongs of the take up spindle. A section of film now covers the lens film plane; make sure<br>

this part of the film is tight, then close the camera back, turn the lock to lock the camera. The camera<br>

is ready for use. 50cm film yields about 20 exposures.</p>

<p>Alternatively, you can roll the 16mm film on to a Kiev 30 cassette take up spool, ( Kiev 30 cassettes<br>

are easily availabe), this kiev 30 casstte spool has a spring clip to hold the film</p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/minox-camera-forum/00dP8s<br>

In the photo you can clearly see the take up spool, it two positioning holes and the prongs, also a Kiev30<br>

cassette take up spool. Both the take up spool and the Kiev 30 spool can be easily removed, loaded with<br>

film and reinsert into their own chamber<br>

You need to practice in day light, until you can do all the mention procedure in the dark.</p>

<p>Martin, Thank you. Since we can no longer view these cameras in a display case in a shop, its difficlult to visualize user possibilities. Speaking in generalities, can a Rollei 16m be purchased with any expectation of receiving a properly working camera? As a long-time Minoxer, would I be disappointed in the images produced by an Edixa 16 or Rollei 16?</p>

<p>If you are lucky to get a Rollei 16 with working meter, working shutter and good Tessar lens without<br>

fungus, than you can make good pictures with it. My two Rollei from ebay all came with dead meter<br>

these two cameras are totally useless.<br>

Even you can get a working Rollei 16, but it uses only perforated 16mm film which is much more difficult to get now a days.</p>

<p>My four Edixa 16 are all working, with working meter and shutter good lens, Edixa 16 lens is also<br>

quite sharp. Edixa 16 can use unperforated 16mm film easier to get</p>

Examples of Edixa 16 photos, Agfa Copex Rapid 16mm film</p>

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=410075

• 1 month later...