No 2A Brownie Model C shutter problems

diser

Got a subj several days ago, and shutter seems to be stopping in the middle of the rotation.

What could be the reason? Weak spring or needs some lubrication?

Also, I think the shutter was adjusted in the end (corner) of the rotating thingy, by pressing it down a little,

but I am not sure if this is how it was done originally or it's an after-market adjustment. Could it cause the

slowness/stopping?

Thank you in advance!

Be careful about greasing or lubricating these rotating shutters. If you are not careful, you can have them so free that they 'bounce' at the end of their travel, meaning that you can get an inadvertant double exposure. The shutter disk spins on its axis and the opening in the disk traverses the lens for the exposure, then the rest of the disk follows to cut off the light path. When it reaches the end of its spin, it should stop dead, but if the disk is too 'free', it will start to travel backwards again (the application of Newton's Law) and the opening on the disk may again reach the lens to partially re-expose the film.

I had a sticky shutter like that on a Brownie 2A and cleaned and greased it, when all I should have done is cleaned it. I had to take the grease off again with organic solvent, and all was well.