"Nikon Z9 catches a bullet"

Miha

That is pretty cool, the "decisive moment" for sure. Glad I did not have to sort through all of the images, though. When I shot BBall with D3s, I slowed it down to 5 or 6 FPS to reduce the workload.

I guess there is software that can analyze a group of photos and suggest the best image? Seem like my phone did that from time to time.

And, for bullet protection, I think I would rather have a Z9 than the Sony A7(1) and 7RII cameras I had. Those broke without a bullet impact, LOL.

Pretty sure the .22 LR is, or they wouldn't sell special subsonic rounds. We have a camera at work that can hit 1M fps, admittedly at reduced resolution. It's also not too tough with an old GR strobe, as Harold Edgerton proved. harold edgerton - Google Search

Doing it brute force by shutter speed is impressive, but seems the hard way 'round.

Frank Capra was shooting with a Leica in Spain, but he didn't quite catch the bullet, per se;)

AS for .22 Long Rifle, WIKI says

The velocity of standard-velocity 22 LR rounds varies between manufacturers. Some standard velocity ammo may be slightly supersonic-around 1,125 ft/s (343 m/s), other ammo such as CCI Standard Velocity 22 LR ammunition is rated at 1,070 ft/s (330 m/s)

I don't think i remembered .22 LR being supersonic?

Both supersonic and subsonic .22 LR rounds are manufactured. As an example, Ely Tenex is subsonic or close to it, depending upon barrel length, altitude, and temperature

LINK: ELEY tenex .22LR ammunition | (eleyammunition.com)

While Ely Tenex biathlon is probably supersonic depending upon the same conditions

LINK: ELEY tenex biathlon .22LR ammunition |