Nikon Z7 + 24-70/4 S + FTZ = $2846.90 @ Amzon

ShunCheung

(a) the price is $2846.90, not $2486.90 as the thread title states.

(b) the image shows only the Z7 and the adapter, scrolling down reveals this:

256285778_Annotation2020-01-20034722.thumb.jpg.fef370bd897ffd436f812935d13431d3.jpg

Let's see how long this offer hangs around as I think it clearly is a mistake made by amazon and likely will disappear soon and/or not be honored.

Edited by Dieter Schaefer

(a) the price is $2846.90, not $2486.90

Sorry about the typo in the thread title. Just fixed it.

The Amazon deal is for a new Z7, lens and FTZ. That is the lowest I have seen. The strange part is that no such deal is available at Adorama, B&H, etc. But some have reported that they have received the one-day delivery from Amazon. Therefore it seems legitimate, since it is from Amazon themselves.

Mary, I am not aware that Amazon's stock is limited to just one. I have no trouble adding it to my shopping cart. Also as far I know this is for a new Z7, not refurbished. Refurb Z7 bodies have been going for $2200 at B&H for a while.

Personally I very much would like to have a second Z body (in addition to my Z6), but I would rather not end up with two first-generation Z cameras. And I already have both the 24-70mm/f4 S and 24-70mm/f2.8 S such that I don't need another lens that I need to sell immediately. I do like to have a second FTZ adapter since my first one was already fried once, fixed by Nikon under warranty.

For those who would like to get a Z7, this seems to be a tremendous deal from a reputable store.

Edited by ShunCheung

Oh, there's the word "Renewed" at the end of the title of the $2,836 item. Refurbished?

Get's weirder by the minute: clicking on the link for the Z7 in my first listing gets you to the Z7 with 24-70 sold by amazon for $3396.95. On that page is a link to a Z7 with 24-70 renewed that costs -$2836.34 (and that has only one left in stock)

Clearly a mistake by amazon - corroborated by the fact that no one else offers that deal. If amazon honors it, then it is a good way to get a Z7 with 24-70/4S and FTZ adapter. For those interested - which I am decidedly not!

808482099_Annotation2020-01-20082928.thumb.jpg.5c3c6dc3fc515acff974454b59b3f7ad.jpg

Edited by Dieter Schaefer

Clearly a mistake by amazon - corroborated by the fact that no one else offers that deal. If amazon honors it, then it is a good way to get a Z7 with 24-70/4S and FTZ adapter. For those interested - which I am decidedly not!

[ATTACH=full]1326268[/ATTACH]

This deal has been around for 2, 3 days. As I said, some people have received their Z7 already. It could be an error on Amazon's part, but they are honoring it so far. It is only a few hundred dollars off; it is not like you are taking advantage of some $100 for a Z7 deal.

I too am not interested as I am looking forward to a second generation of Z bodies later in 2020.

Personally I very much would like to have a second Z body (in addition to my Z6), but I would rather not end up with two first-generation Z cameras. And I already have both the 24-70mm/f4 S and 24-70mm/f2.8 S such that I don't need another lens that I need to sell immediately.

Agree, you are over-buying. LOL. Actually I am wondering what the heck I am doing with a Z7. I like the Z6 better. May sell it to a friend who is asking about it.

Brian, I can't speak for Mary, but my favorite Nikon bodies are mostly between 20MP to 24MP, as I shoot a lot of action. I think 24MP on my D750 and Z6 is plenty. In a lot of cases fewer pixels also means processing, both inside the camera and afterwards in post, is much faster. I do have a D850 around in case I want to have a lot of pixels, but in many cases those extra pixels are meaningless because the subjects don't have sufficient details. Any slight AF error and high ISO usage will also negate the extra pixels.

24MP also makes the Z6 a better video cam than the Z7, which needs a lot of down sampling even for 4K video.

• Like 1

I have been considering a Z6 or Z7. What are the reasons you prefer your Z6 over the Z7?

There's actually nothing wrong with it. It's just that I would prefer the Z6 now if I only need to keep just one - for the reasons Shun mentioned, and also for the reason of better low-light tolerance (for the night photography that I plan to explore). Also the Z6 images do not occupy as much space. Currently I have not been shooting that much anyway and the cameras are sitting idle most of the time. I will be attending a film making workshop in March and I plan to take along the Z6 and the Olympus E-M1 II. So the Z7 seems to be a little redundant at this time. Hmm...

• Like 1

It has been a day since I started this thread, and this same deal is still available on Amazon. But more importantly, several individuals have reported that they have already received the items from Amazon, as advertised. Those are Nikon USA products, not gray market.
  • Like 1