Nikon Z bodies adapted to non Nikon lenses?

Trying to find out if the same could be said about Nikon's new Z mount cameras?

A few manufacturers have already announced adapters:

Novoflex: Adapterfinder Products - NOVOFLEX Präzisionstechnik GmbH

Shoten, MTF, Kipon, Rayqual.

BTW autofocus on Sony with adaptors is hit and miss sometimes, not all functions available.

Especially true when adapting Nikon AF-S lenses (though I haven't tried any of the available adapters) - an issue the Z cameras most certainly solve.

If you have bunch old manual focus lens, it is fun to use and adaptors are cheap.

I had bad experiences with a couple of cheap Leica M-mount-to-Sony-E-mount adapters and ended up purchasing the rather expensive Voigtlander version. Staying away from adapting lenses now as inevitably I will end up purchasing native-mount lenses anyway.

Edited by Dieter Schaefer

cameras can adapt every 35mm lens ever made if an adapter is available

Well almost any.

The key variable is the flange distance, as it is for adaptation, for example, to Canon EOS and EF, both of which left lots of room for many adapters.

Due to the short flange focal distance of the Sony E-mount, many lenses can be adapted to be used on the Sony E-mount, although a crop factor will have to be taken into account for all cameras with APS-C or Super-35mm sensor format.

Nikon plays hard-to-get with regard to licensing various features. Lens adapters were completely manual until relatively recently. None of the Zeiss "F" lenses are AF. Nikon would be wise to reconsider, since there are nearly 70 Sony lenses alone, not counting Sigma and others, ready to go while Nikon dribbles new native lenses out of engineering. That strategy worked very well for Sony in 2014, establishing a market share, continuing to this day.