Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #53

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jose_angel, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Important notice: please keep your pics under 700 pixels width for inline posting and even more important, please keep the FILE SIZES UNDER 300Kb. Notice that this includes photos hosted off-site (Flickr, Photobucket, others). As a reference, notice that my pic is near 100Kb.

The general guidelines for this WedNEsDAy PiC threads, are here.​
    Hi all, I`m having an extremely stressed Xmas at work, hence I need to start the thread a bit earlier! Thank you for your pics and comments last week.
    I had sketched several symbolic pics for this my last starting post in the thread, e.g. a hand saying "bye", a scene with people at the railway st. seeing their friends off and so on. But, after reading Lil`s post on the "retiring" thread I thought my pic should be dedicated to someone that actually have "brought the forum together". In my opinion her comments and support has been so useful to this thread. We all can feel the special care she has with us. I decided to shot something for her.
    We are having a very rainy week, its almost dark at five pm around here. I needed to find one of this big birds soon, but it was dark, raining and I didn`t know where to start. I remembered that years ago I saw two of them in one of the ponds of a big park, and I decided to go for them.
    It was dissapointing, that big white animals have turned black! Also two specimen, the only possibility to find european white swans was in the zoo... but it was too late and too dark... well, not my best pic but I hope you like it, I only found a... black swan!
    I`d like to post a second pic dedicated to Renè Villela... but the rules say only one pic per poster (womans first... ). Thank you very much, Renè.
    D700 @ 800ISO, 14bit RAW, 70-200VRII (200mm), f2.8 - 1/5sec., tripod. Very low light and ugly conditions, under soft rain and tons of mud...
    Please post your favourite pic if you like, taken with Nikon gear... as usual.
    00VMvn-204797584.jpg

2. Happy Holidays
    My family’s 2009 Christmas card photo with my 4 kids
    Two weeks ago in Vermont
    Joey a senior at the University of Vermont
    Jillian – a freshman also at the University of Vermont
    Jamie – a junior at Preston High School
    Janine a freshman at Preston
    Wishing you the very best
    for the coming New Year.
    Merry Christmas
    Joe Leotta
    Nikon D300 AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
    [​IMG]
    and thanks Jose

3. [​IMG]
    D300 / 50mm Fukuoka - Japan

4. Finally found some time to head out to the beach - captured this long-billed curlew flying towards me. D300, 80-400 VR at 400mm, f/5.6, 1/1600s, +1EV, ISO 500 (picked by AutoISO).
    00VMwC-204801584.jpg

5. Hello Everybody,
    I hope the Christmas turned out good for all of you.
    Thank you Filip Lucin, Paul V. Gorky and Janne Kaakinen for your very kind words on my last week's photo. I really appreciate it.
    Thank you Jose for all your work. I hope you will still be contributing to Nikon Wednesday. I love your photos.
    My photo this weeks is from a wonderful shop full of all sorts of accessories, I seek those kind of places for getting my props for my early 20th century portrait styling, and this one is a particularly good find. This made my day and I now have two bags of new additions to my existing wardrobe. Bliss.
    Nikon D700, 85mm, f/1.8 at ISO 800, 1/160s, f/3.5
    00VMwD-204801684.jpg

6. Thanks for all you have done, Jose.
    Tom M.
    00VMwP-204803584.jpg

7. Goodbye Jose. Finally, for your last Wednesday thread, I managed to be awake at 2:42 AM (central time) - kinda ironic.
    This image's supposed to symbolize harmony :)
    00VMwZ-204807584.JPG

8. Jose - Muchas gracias de este fotografía. Please forgive high school Spanish from a very long time ago back home in Sweden. You have no idea how your choice of photo matters to me. Just the fact that you chose to dedicate it to me brings tears to my eyes. You are far too generous & I don't believe myself worthy... Now add that you chose a bird. :) That puts a smile on my face. And finally.... on FredMiranda they would tell you how well you've chosen. They know how special Swans are to me. You really could not have chosen any better. I miss swans from back home. Swans are very rare in So. California. I love swans, & I'll take a Black Swan any day. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. :) It's a wonderful photo. And I think Shun & Lex would forgive you for posting two this time. :) Jose - Thank you again for all that you've done.
    OK story for this week's photo. As some of you may have seen last week I had some of my equipment stolen. Long story very short. Due to luck on my part, the thieves were not too smart so the police in a sting recovered my Sigmonster & my tripods. Car repaired & equipment in tow I went out both Saturday & Sunday to shoot with a friend from Seattle who was visiting down here. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side. I did however get lucky enough to get a little golden light & that's what we want. I watched this GBH (Great Blue Heron) fish for at least two hours & after two hours this very large bird was rewarded.... With a fish smaller than the size of my tiny finger. What a meal for such a large bird. I was lucky enough to catch the GBH flipping the tiny fish in it's beak....
    D300 paired with Sigmonster 300-800mm f/5.6 at 410mm f/8 1/640s - 0.3 EV A mode . I hope you'll enjoy...
    Tiny fish saying Bye Bye to Jose
    [​IMG]

9. took this one last sunday....
    00VMwo-204809584.jpg

10. Last Wed. pic for 2009 and more importantly, the last thread on Jose's watch - well done Jose Angel, this is a highlight of the week for so many. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Shun Cheung for his considerable efforts in 2009 as moderator and contributor to the the Nikon forum!
    I'm still basking in the glow of processing photos I took from my recent trip to Lord Howe Island. This one a tri-pod mounted shot of the late evening sun glowing over the Jetty and mountains in the distance.
    00VMwt-204811584.jpg

11. Looking up from my drive-way, the other day...
    00VMxC-204813584.jpg

12. Wednesday again, and this time, waking up with the temperature outside 18 degrees Celsius BELOW zero! After a snow fight with my daughter the other day, I just fear for what she has waiting for me today... ;)
    Again, Jose, thank you for your efforts in 2009 with this thread. And thank you to those who commented on my photo last week. May 2010 be a new year with lots of pleasure, and lots of good photo opportunities!
    00VMxN-204819584.jpg

13. Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my winter reflection shot last week.
    Here's my last shot of the year. D700, Nikon 18-35mm. 1/200 sec @ f/13, iso 200.
    Happy New Year to everyone.
    00VMxR-204817684.jpg

14. Hello Wdayers,
    Jose thank you for your efforts and goodbye also happy new year to every each of you.
    D700 + 35-70 2.8D @35mm ISO 200 f/5.6 1/25
    [​IMG]

15. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

I captued this image on Christmas day at Moss Landing, California. This common merganser (Mergus merganser) was feeding and calling other birds.
    Nikon D300 with 500mm/f4 AF-S and TC-14E, wide open at f4 with an effective aperture at f5.6, 1/1000 sec.
    This is indeed the last Wednesday image thread Jose initiates. I too would like to thank him once more, but I am looking forward to seeing him post his image next week.

Happy new year.
    00VMxd-204823584.jpg

16. Happy new year all.
    Time for change and looking back on 2009. my picture is from a Nikonians Workshop in Yosemite in May, to me the top photographic event of the year. The waterfall shot when the sun hits the water and the cliff is still in the shadow. One of many opportunities, for being the right place at the right time. Took hundreds of pictures.
    Hope to ‘see’ you all in 2010
    00VMxo-204825584.jpg

17. Thank you, Jose (he "retires" from starting this thread, but he is not going anywhere, right?). And a Happy New Year, everyone!
    Winter trees under the wonderful weather.
    00VMxu-204827884.jpg

18. Gracias Jose. Feliz año nuevo.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Took this a couple of days before Christmas. Michelle Mullen is one of the world's top bowling coaches. Every year, she and her business partner, pro bowling great Aleta Sill, raise thousands of dollars for animal rescue groups here in the Detroit area. This is Michelle in their pro shop with Mr. Blue, a retired racing greyhound.
    D700, ISO 1600, 50mm f/1.4 AF-D lens, available (fluorescent) light, 1/80 @ f/2.8.
    00VMyL-204831584.jpg

19. Last WedNEsDAy of the year, and what a year it has been!
    Thanks to Jose for making this thing happen and keeping it going, thanks to Matt for keeping this alive in the future, thanks to Shun & Lex for keeping the trolls away among other things, and thanks to those who were kind enough to comment my pics and to everyone else active in these wonderful threads. And Lil, like Jose said, you really have been the light of the party!
    Ok, now to the pic. My PiC (available for critique in here ) was taken on last Saturday (Dec 26th) in northern Finland, less than 100 klicks to the south from the Arctic Circle. It was a cold day, nearly -30 Celsius (-22 F), slightly windy and as you know, it's just about the darkest time of the year in north. So what else there is to do except to take my D50 out with the worst tripod in the world and slap my fungi-ridden-ii-bay-bought-MF-sigma-24mm to the nose of the camera and start experimenting with long exposure shots.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D50 + Sigma 24mm Super-Wide II MF f/2.8 (@ f/5.6, 20 sec, ISO 200)
    Happy New Year to Everyone! See you all next year!

20. Happy Holidays and a parting thanks to Mr. Angel for sheparding this thread over the past couple of years.
    00VMyg-204833684.jpg

21. My family and I took a walk around to the Wakiwa Springs park near Orlando Fl. The day after Christmas. This little guy was sitting in the sun trying to keep warm. Thanks Jose for all you have done for this thread. I know we all hope you keep posting. Nikon D3, Nikon VR80-400 F/4.5, 400mm, F/11, 1/200s, ISO 400
    00VMzG-204839684.jpg

22. Recently bought myself a used D300 and went out to play around with it yesterday. One of my friends doesn't really like being in pictures, but instead of hiding himself, he made the picture a lot better ;)
    00VMzO-204841584.jpg

23. This thread is such a wonderful thing you started Jose. Thank you once again. Also, thanks to Matt for taking over the responsibility, Shun and Lex for moderating it, and all of you who contribute!
    Thank you for the comments and encouragement I've received here in this forum. I've learned a lot from all of you, and will continue to learn even more in 2010. I had no idea when I bought my first DSLR (D40) back in April, this would turn into such a passionate hobby for me. This thread is partly responsible for that.
    My contribution this week isn't anything special, but with all the cold and gray skies we've had, this rose in my neighbor's yard stood out and called to me. For me, it was very soothing and that's just what I needed this past week. Holidays are fun, but can be stressful too, so here is my rose: (D90/Sigma 150/160@f/8/ISO800)
    Happy New Year/Feliz Año Nuevo!
    [​IMG]

24. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Happy WeDNeSDaY and Happy New Year to everyone!
    December is the month to get married in this part of the world, but for this couple there was no more wedding coach available.
    Jose I thank you very much for your efforts, which made previous ordinary Wednesdays to a very extraordinary weekday - thanks again.
    00VMzf-204847584.jpg

25. Jose,
    just like to echo the thanks of so many folks for keeping wednesdays such a happy place for so long - hope the new year brings you good shooting opportunities!
    What will it hold for the rest of us? Well, son #2 and i tried to answer that in this pic, but we didn't get much apart from his desire to head back to the cartoons after 15 mins or so........but we enjoyed creating this anyway - D700, 50mm 1.8 on tripod, SB-800 on 3m cord, xmas present of a 'lightning bulb'
    andyc
    00VMzh-204847684.jpg

26. Lots of time in the air over the Christmas hols, and lots of photos shot, enough to keep me sifting through for many days to come, and material for a few Wednesdays also. This was taken on Christmas Day, and is my friend and pilot Moss concentrating hard on keeping the big fan above our heads rotating smoothly as we cruise over the Cyprus countryside. D700 at f/9 , 1/200 sec , Sigma 17-35 mm at the 17mm end, on live view and above my head to get maximum coverage. Still a few days of festivities, so carry on enjoying yourselfs everyone.
    [​IMG]

27. [​IMG]
    Taken with D200

28. D90 70-300VR ,F14 Shutter 1/25 300mm ISO 200,Aperture mode
    00VMzx-204851684.JPG

29. Happy New Year to all

Thanks to Hans Schrama, Mikhail Tsypkin and Janne Kaakinen for the comments on my photo last week.

And to all who are part of this Thread by posting images from all over the world ( especially the ones that post those beautiful Winter pics, that refresh my mind while the ultra hot and humid Buenos Aires is melting my body!

Muchas Gracias Jose y Feliz Año!!!

This is the Floralis Generica in Buenos Aires. A stainless steel sculpture resembling a "generic" flower with petals that opens up during the day and closes at night. Thanks to the Sun and the reflections I couldn't stand more than 15 minutes under it.

D300 + Tamron 10-24 @10mm - ISO 200 - 1/3200 - f3.5
    00VMzz-204851784.jpg

30. This was taken at dusk on the west coast of Norway. We were down south near Ålesund visiting my wifes family for Christmas. After eating too much we decided it would be a good idea to climb a mountain to burn off some of the unwanted calories :)

In the picture you can see the two ferries that travel back and forth across the fjord. The mountains are part of the Alps of Sunnmøre. Stretching for miles and miles in all directions, they offer endless opportunities for back-country skiers, mountaineers and climbers.

Happy New Year!
    00VN00-204851884.jpg

31. Early morning class of rowers setting off for a lesson down under. D700 1/500 f5.6 70-300 @300m ISO560

32. Although I'm somewhat of a lurker here, I've enjoyed looking through the WedNEsDAy PiCs on a regular basis. Thanks for efforts Jose.
    00VN0A-204855784.jpg

33. Take II: Early morning class of rowers setting off for a lesson down under. D700 1/500 f5.6 70-300 @300m ISO500
    00VN0E-204857584.jpg

34. Thank you Jose for all your work. I hope you will still be contributing to Nikon Wednesday. We all appreicate all the hard work that you have done.
    You never know what or when a photo op will happen. My image this week is a prime example of this. I went outside in my back yard and looked up in the sky and this is what I saw. I live way out in the country in North Carolina. You can imagine what I thought. Were we under attack???
    Nikon D300 with Nikon 200-400mm f4 lens hand held. 400mm @f4, 1/125 second, ISO 1000
    00VN0P-204861584.jpg

35. This week from my collection. Green Turtle.
    00VN0S-204861684.JPG

36. Jose, you did not disappoint with this end-of-year, and changing-of-the-guard thread. You're a class act, and it's one of the reasons this thread is such a fixture here on PN. Thanks again for your dedication and always cheerful demeanor.

It's great that you went out to find for a bird for Lil. I was looking at the large sheet of ice in a local pond, and noticed a lonely female mallard duck exploring the boundary where the thick ice gave way to the flowing water near the mouth of a feeder stream. The duck seemed unsure how to deal with it, and I felt the same way, because I distinctly remember saying to myself, "Lil Judd would know how to make this look interesting!"
    00VN0V-204863584.jpg

37. Happy Wednesday everyone !!
    Here is my contribution for this week. Have a wonderful New Year 2010 and have a happy shooting. Thank you.
    00VN0X-204863684.JPG

38. This might be a good way to say thanks to Jose :).
    00VN0Y-204865584.jpg

39. Happy Wednesday, all! Awesome shots so far, as always! This is a pelican at a wildlife rehabilitation outpost in Jupiter, FL, US. Shot with my D700 and 85mm f/1.4D lens through a hole in the fence. Minimal PP done in Adobe Lr.
    00VN0b-204865784.jpg

40. i spent an hour the other morning watching gulls squabbling over pizza crusts at a local shopping center. given the undignified manner in which they conduct themselves, they can look deceptively serene, almost ethereal in solo flight -- quite the paradox!
    00VN0d-204865884.jpg

41. We seem to have a kind of bird theme going here!

42. Good morning everyone.
    My image this week is of Christ Church in Plano, Texas. This was shot early in the morning prior to a 5K run they asked me to shoot. Wishing everyone all the best in 2010.
    00VN0j-204867584.jpg

43. [​IMG]
    D40 @ ISO 200, 1/250th
    55-200 VR @ 82mm, f/7.1

44. Calvary Baptist Church, Pasadena, CA. D700 with 14-24/2.8, 14mm, 1/640s, f/9, ISO 200, matrix metered, manual mode, converted to black and white with a simulated Kodak red 25 filter.
    Thanks Jose. Hope you will continue to post.
    00VN0v-204869584.jpg

45. Holy Wednesday my dear colleagues,
    Jose, many thanks to your great idea and effort for creating and running this splendid thread since long time.
    End of Christmas mass at St. Alfonsus’ Church in Paramaribo, Suriname. The mass served by Suriname Paramaribo Bishop, Monsignor Wilhelmus Adrianus Josephus Maria de Bekker. Thanks for stopping by and many cheers to you all.
    I wish Happy New Year. Regards,
    Ertugrul
    00VN0x-204869684.jpg

46. This forum is a fun place to visit - a legacy that Jose Angel has brought to WedNEsDAy Pic (aside from creating it). This shot is an expression of gratitude from two characters that have visited here in the past. Take care mate and I will look out for your shots (and commentary) in the future.
    00VN1D-204873884.jpg

47. Happy New Year to all of you - WedNEsDAyers!
    Very Beautiful photo so far!
    Please accept my heart-felt thanks to all of you on this thread and photo.net, in general, for teaching me a whole lot about photography and techniques of it in the past year. I hope to learn more in the years to come. May you all have a wonderful new year!
    Today's contribution is from last night. it was taken with D300s at 17mm f/2.8 1/60 sec with ISO1600 hand-held. Lightroom 2.5 and PS CS have been used for minor PP.
    enjoy! See you next year.
    00VN1I-204873784.jpg

48. Happy New Year!
    [​IMG]

49. As we bid a fond farewell to 2009 (and Jose and his great work this year, thanks again), we need to remember those who are less fortunate, and hope they will prosper in the coming year.
    This shot is from September 2009 at the Station Fire in California. Hillsides looked like a moonscape, barren and grey. Many homes and property were burned to the ground. Not wanting to focus on a particular home, this shot depicts a tree trunk that continues to burn, but also pine cones that still shows some color and perhaps seedlings for new growth.
    Let's make 2010 a better year. Good luck Matt.
    00VN1k-204881584.jpg

50. Jose, here's a toast to you for starting this thread , to Matt for keeping it going, to Shun and Lex for all your help and support and finally to all that post and keep me inspired and motivated to improve.
    Happy New Year everyone. I hope your new year is filled with joy, laughter and wonderful photo opportunities.
    My Christmas present was a 85mm f/1.8 lens. This is one of the first shots taken on Christmas Eve.
    00VN1z-204883584.jpg

51. I just have time to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR
    I am posting from the Apple Store in Zurich on the way to the airport
    This is a shot of the Old Town Square in Prague
    00VN22-204883784.jpg

52. Pelicans in Paradise I found this Pelican while driving around Pensacola, FL. I later learned that the “flock” was inspired by Pensacola News Journal president & publisher Denise Ivey after seeing a similar event in Portland, Oregon. A total of 41 pelicans were commissioned. All proceeds from sponsorship and merchandise go to benefit the News Journal's Newspapers in Education literacy program and anyone thinking about “moving” a Pelican might want to think twice, including the “perch” they weigh about 520 pounds. This guy is named Tail of Two Cities.
    00VN2K-204889584.JPG

53. Malta palace at sunset. Asia is seen through the window.
    D300 35mm f1.8 Nikkor.
    00VN2Q-204889684.jpg

• Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    • Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    Equipment: Nikon D300
    Lense: AF-S DX 18-135f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    Focal length:18 mm; F/14; Exposure time- 1/40 sec
    00VN2b-204891584.jpg

54. Hasta La Vista Jose, even though I "know" your won't be going anywhere but further down the list on Wednesdays. Thank you for your efforts and especially your images. [Matt, you got a tough act to follow]
    Christmas Morning always belongs to the kids, even if they're covered in fur.
    D700, 24-85 @ 85mm, cropped a bit in LR2.6
    00VN2i-204893584.jpg

55. 3sh

3sh

Another wednesday and the last of this year. Happy new year in advance to all and my best wishes to Jose Angel. This time I am posting a picture taken on last wednesday at the merimack riverside at sunset.
    Details - Nikon D300, 18mm, 18-105mm VR, f/9, 1/100s ISO 200, tripod mount and post processing warming filter.
    00VN2n-204895584.jpg

56. The shots that captured my attention last week included.
    • Aguinaldo de Paula Outback nightscape (great idea and capture)
    • Hans Schrama Christmas Glass (beautiful colours and clarity)
    • James Kazan City nightscape
    • Lawrence Ho Amazing Overhead Shot (great floor pattern and colours)
    • Paul V. Gorky Miniature City Nightscape
    • Richard Karash Our world really is really round
    • Sen C Tiger Cub in Mum’s mouth
    • Steve Lyon Christmas Car (eye-catching lighting arrangement)
    • Tiffany Brook Christmas Card (outstanding)
    • Tim Holte Sea Gull down on its luck big time (great viewpoint)
    Thank you Hans for your kind words regarding the shot of my dog (WedNEsDAy PiC #52).
    Lil, I am glad that your roller coaster had a happy ending.

57. To all, the very best for 2010! I hope the year will bring you what you wish it to be.
    José, thanks very much for the thread. I'm sure it is in safe hands, but it will be different to start with a dog instead of a bit of Spain ;-)
    Getting a package of cigarettes to light the fireworks:
    [​IMG]
    D300, AF-D 35 f/2.
    ISO800, f/2.8, 1/160. Edited and converted to B/W in Capture NX2.

58. Nikon D300, 18-200mm Nikkor zoom
    00VN3M-204899584.jpg

59. Opal in Fl
    00VN3T-204901584.jpg

60. LOL, Wouter you`re right... for sure we will have very good retriever pics. BTW, one of my sister`s thoughts is... "the world is divided by two kinds of people... those who like dogs, and the others" (she use to be a bit drastic). I`m glad Matt belong to the first group... ! :)

61. Hello forum and "happy new year" to you all. I just start to enjoy my Christmas present (from my wife). No much time yet, but the first results start to revile. D300 + Lensbaby Composer 50mm, F2, 1/4000 ISO 400 :
    00VN3g-204903584.jpg

62. Nikon D2X 28-70mm at f8 for 1/250 second ISO 100
    Studio Portrait
    00VN3t-204905584.jpg

63. My picture this week is of my nephew Gabe (aka The Dude, or Duder, or El Duderino if you not into that whole brevity thing) on his first Christmas.
    00VN46-204907584.jpg

64. My daughter recently added a room to her home, and of course had to get some new furniture. She bought an exciting brushed steel coffee table with a wonderful radiating pattern, so I had a ball shooting it!
    00VN4J-204909584.jpg

65. Woke up early today to shoot the sunrise. Current conditions in Toronto -8 celcius 81% humidity.
    Jose, Thank You for starting and maintaining this forum.
    Cheers
    00VN4d-204913784.jpg

66. Thank you Jose!
    Happy New Year all!
    Fine work on display this week.
    -Shane
    Frozen Stream in Evergreen Colorado. Nikon F4s Fuji Velvia.
    00VN4e-204913584.jpg

67. I live near George Washington's boyhood home and this is one of the structures from that time. The Rising Sun Tavern is noted for being a center of revolutionary ferver; it's owner, William Weeden, became a Continental Army General and led the Virginia troops at Yorktown. Nikon D100 with the 18-200VR lens @ 66mm.
    00VN4f-204913684.jpg

68. For my first Nikon posting this image was taken with an F2AS on Kodak VC160 using an 85mm Nikkor 1.4 lens.
    00VN4m-204913984.jpg

69. This has been a wonderful forum, and I, like many others, have appreciated Jose's dedication to get it going each week. My parting shot for the year was taken on a gray day from the rotunda of the Texas State Capitol.
    00VN5O-204919584.jpg

70. My sincere thanks to Jose for his dedication to the forum this past year. This is a great weekly thread. After digging out from the Blizzard of 2009 (at least by DC Metro area standards), my family headed south to the Outer Banks to finish the year on the beach. There are plenty of photographic opportunities. This Ocracoke sunset was taken from the ferry ride back to Hatteras island. Season's greetings and Happy New year to all.
    00VN6j-204933684.jpg

71. Jose, thanks for your work on this thread. Though I've only come to it recently, I enjoy it quite a lot.
    My contribution this week is from Christmas night at my uncle's house. His new puppy was ridiculously well-behaved while we ate dinner, and then a fine model after we finished.
    00VN7B-204935584.jpg

72. taken at Point Reyes Lighthouse in north of San Francisco, California, on the Christmas day ...
    00VN7X-204939584.JPG

73. Happy New Year everyone! This week's contribution was taken at the Ocean City, MD inlet. Nikon D90, 18-200 mm at 35mm, f4.2, 1/6.
    00VN7s-204941584.jpg

74. [​IMG] Happy New Year to everyone. I did not have anything new but this one is from my Fall trip to the Yukon in Canada late September 2009 - not far from Haines Junction. I used my D300 and the Sigma 10-20 mm lens which is fast becoming my favorite landscape combo. You do have to watch out for distortion especially if the camera is not level.
    00VN85-204947684.jpg

75. Thanks Jose, funny how this time of the year always seems to be busy doesn't it?
    Anyway, I was looking at some indoor flowers at Christmas and found this tiny piece of dead flower that had apparently fell to the floor at some point. The magnification is around 2:1.
    I wish everyone a good new year 2010!
    00VN89-204947584.jpg

76. Happy New Year everyone! Here's a shot of one of our dinner guests on Christmas day.
    00VN9O-204963584.jpg

77. Happy Holidays Nikon Group!
    My contribution this week is an experiment with my SB800's and an orchid from my yard.
    Cheers...
    00VN9Y-204965584.jpg

78. Thank you Jose...we are so sad to see you go.
    00VN9v-204967584.jpg

79. Happy New Year! This photo was taken on Boxing Day night. It was a gorgeous snowy night!
    00VNA7-204969684.jpg

80. Thank you Jose' for your time spent making Wednesdays fun!
    Taken yesterday, out shooting clay pigeons - no birds were harmed :).
    00VNA9-204969584.jpg

81. Great Wednesday photos, everyone! And Happy New Year
    Here is another picture of the Morro Bay harbor -- my rare attempt of night photography.
    00VNAu-204977584.JPG

82. Thanks Jose! Thanks Matt, in advance.
    Happy New Year to everyone!
    00VNB5-204979584.jpg

83. 26th December 2009 - Inverclyde in Snow
    Nikon D80 with Nikkor 28mm F/2.8
    F/10 1/80sec ISO100 0.0EV
    00VNBf-204981684.jpg

84. 4-Ton Limit
    Cheat Lake Bridge, near Morgantown, WVa
    comments please!!
    00VND9-204993684.jpg

85. D90 18-105mm @ 85mm 1/6s f/5.6 ISO 800
    00VNDA-204991684.JPG

86. [​IMG]
    Rosalie
    D700 24-70
    Happy New Year to all

87. This was taken at the Out of Africa Wildlife Park in Camp Verde, AZ. Equipment: Nikon D90 + Nikkor 18-200 VRII.
    00VNDn-204997584.jpg

88. bms

bms

Happy Wednesday and Happy New Year! And thanks again everyone, especially Jose, Lil and the regular posters this thread has been very motivating in 2009... cannot wait for 2010
    After northern Maine has had tons of snow, it finally got to around here Monday night. Hence this shot.....
    Ben
    00VNEn-205007684.jpg

89. Hi everyone,
    i bought D90 in march this year, and to learn photography used to browse internet for various information. during this browsing i came accross this nikon wednesday forum, since then have posted few pics, but have always waited for this wednesday thread even though i could not post. this thread has been a great idea, hence i would like to thank jose for this, excellent effort jose, and great pictures by others, very good learning experience for me,
    this pic was taken in India few weeks ago, in a park near my parents home, i like the result, hope you all like this as well,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! look forward to 2010 nikon wednesdays!
    00VNF4-205009684.JPG

90. Hello everybody!
    Let me start by telling thank you Jose Angel ! Without this thread you maintained, I probably would never be on photo.net. I often bumped on this thread while googling. I know how hard it is when something one want to do becomes something one must do. Tnx!

Paul V. Gorky tnx. for your comment on my panorama last week.
    A for this week...
    Matthew Brennan
    Per-Christian Nilssen
    Fredrik Steffen
    Andrew Fedon
    Paul Cochrum
    James Kazan
    Don Harper
    Michael Burnett
    are authors whose work caught my eye today.

My photo for today is from Drava river, I used b+w 10 stops ND filter.
    And I almost forgotten! I wish you all healthy and happy new year!
    00VNFP-205015584.jpg

91. Mäntyluoto, Port of Pori on Saturday.
    00VNFY-205017684.jpg

92. Thanks again to Jose for his leadership on this thread. May your New Year be all you want it to be! And a Happy New Year to all PN'ers.
    For this week, I have a shot of my granddaughter's new PJ's.
    00VNHD-205033684.jpg

93. Great pictures this WedNEsDAy #53.
    Thank You! Jose for excellent effort every WedNEsDAy.
    This week's picture is a snapshot of Blue Jay on my patio in cold new england weather. This picture is through glass door and screen, in spring/summer I should be able to get better pictures of beautiful birdies as I can keep the doors open for them :)
    Nikon D90
    70-300 VR
    Focal Length = 240mm
    Exposure Time = 1/320"
    F Number = F5.6
    Exposure Program = Aperture priority
    ISO Speed Ratings = 1600
    Metering Mode = Spot
    Flash = Off
    Thanks,
    Ray
    00VNHP-205037584.jpg

94. One of the coolest subjects I stumbled upon...on the way to Hinsdale, NH.
    00VNHc-205039584.jpg

95. Seasons Greetings and a Happy new Year to all!
    Composite of two images earlier in the fall. Nikon D200, ISO100; 28-105 @28mm, f8.0 1/90s.
    00VNHq-205041584.jpg

96. Great thread
    Thank you to all who commented on my photos troughout the year and thanks to Jose who kept the thread running
    Feliz Ano nuevo Jose.
    My photo for this week was taken few days back hope you enjoy it and Happy New Year to all may it be better then this one and worse then 2011.
    00VNIW-205049784.jpg

97. Taken out my back door of the neighbors grass. Added motion in Photoshop Elements. Used Nikon D50 with Nikkkor 300mm ED 1:4D lens. shot at F 5.6, 1/100, ISO 200.
    00VNJO-205053684.jpg

98. Hello everybody and Happy New Year.[​IMG]
    Stairway to Haven, D300, 80-200/2.8

99. Happy New Year, everyone!
    Last week's images that particularly caught my attention were these:
    @René, your Vienna City Hall in surprising light. Nice, subtle, inviting.
    @Gij, your walk on the beach at sunset.
    @Gary, winter reflections.
    @Jeannean, another wonderful bug. Glad you liked the Helicon Focus for DOF management.
    @Jennifer, two birds through kitchen window, the colors are beautiful.
    @Tony, the colored light tracing Christmas card... Very nice.
    @Sankha, a great shot of leopard... at the Stone Zoo! Wow!
    @Amy, your daughter with new lighting setup. Looks great, both look great.
    @Benson, the self-portrait in Christmas ornament.
    @Tiffany, more great little Santas.
    @Joshua, a beautiful Christmas Cactus bloom. I was trying to figure out how to make this shot on my own plant. Google or write me for "how-to" to make it bloom every year.
    @Hans, an elegant and colorful bowl
    @Josh, an excellent double-portrait
    For this week, another image from Maui. On the rugged North coast of West Maui. D200 with my favorite 18-70 kit lens, polarizer. JPEG is geo-coded with exact location thanks to Dawntech di-GPS.
    00VNMl-205081584.jpg

100. Happy Wednesday and Happy New Year everyone!
    I went to Año Nuevo, CA state park today. It’s still early for elephant seals mating season, not many activities. I am planning to revisit in late January or early February when the males will battle for alpha status.
    00VNMx-205083684.jpg

101. Hello!All Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC posters,
    First off my heartfelt thanks to Jose Angel for starting this wonderful ,educative,thread on PN,giving us a reason to shoot, and keeping it on course during the past year . A warm welcome and best wishes to Matt Laur who takes over the baton.
    Have a great holiday all of you and keep your great shots coming in as always.

102. I sound like a broken record, but again so many great pics!
    Some that caught my eye:
    Per-Christian Nilssen : I just love the expression on her face.
    Jens Frederiksen : Makes me want to go there right now.
    Erik Christensen : at the right place at the right time.
    Rick Dohme: beautiful colors.
    James Kazan: caught my eye and kept it.
    Jeanne Hauschild: very creative
    Steve J Murray: nice portrait. Glasses came out very well and like how you can see the wood on the one lens.
    deep vishy: "dreamy" shot.
    For those of you that like snowy pics: this is what we had Xmas morning in front of our house. Very unusual to have an actual blizzard (40 mph + winds plus 6" of snow) in Oklahoma. First ever Blizzard warnings for Tulsa County!
    00VNNS-205087584.jpg

103. Oops,the pic wouldnt load,so I'll retry.

104. Tree Shadows on Green Barn, Morris County NJ
    Nikon D300 with Nikon 10-24mm
    00VNP0-205099584.jpg

105. Taken at my grandma's patio:
    [​IMG]
    D80 18-135mm kit lens f/5.6 - 1/125
    Happy new year everyone!

106. ¡Hola, Señor Angel!
    No puedo hablar o escribir muy bien en español, pero quisiera decir <<¡Muchas gracias para todos!>>. Me gusta mucho el thread de las fotograficas de miercoles. Està un muy buena idea.
    ¡Buena suerte y Feliz Año Nuevo!
    00VNRe-205121584.jpg

107. Wishing everyone a very happy and prosperous 2010.

This is infact my first post in the WednesdayPic thread :) Hope to participate more in the future.
    This my 3 and a half year old daughter in a very naughty mood. Hope the years ahead bring her lots of joy and glory.
    [​IMG]
    -- D700, 85 f/1.8 AF-D --

108. My final remarks for WedNEsDAy PiC #53 2009.

Per-Christian Nilssen: Great sense of adventure and fun.
    Matt Laur: A very interesting and aesthetically pleasing viewpoint not normally seen (my second favourite shot this week).
    Epp B: I like the composition and the unison in the assumed gaze of both dogs.
    Steve J Murray: A very interesting portrait (didn’t notice the reflection in the glass until later).
    Deep Vishy: Lovely sunset at flower level.
    Ilkka Nissila: All blue, a really eye-catching arrangement (my favourite shot this week).
    Ashim Dey: A really nice first up. Enjoy the years ahead.

I wish everyone a happy new year with a safe and enjoyable celebration. Now where is that tanker that was going to deliver 10,000 litres of petrol?

109. Filip, Hans and Greg: Thank you for your kind words!

110. Another excellent Wednesday portfolio! Not a bad image in the bunch! Let's see how many I can rip through during lunch.
    Jose - Sorry your Christmas has been stressful. Loved the composition of your bird. Very heart-like in shape.
    Dieter - Great catch of a bird in flight.
    Aguinaldo - Marvelous colors!
    Matthew B - Another delightful composition
    Per-Christian - Excellent expression!
    Ken Y - Looks like the elms in Central Park. Good composition of a difficult subject.
    Kent - Excellent expression and for a great cause.
    Rich D - Stunning color and smooth bokeh.
    Andy Chubb - The exposure tells the story perfectly.
    Andrew F - Nice sense of depth.
    Paul C - Novel and creative. Your shot makes me smile.
    Wenshu Chen - Great light for a still life.
    Michael Brown - Great subject and I like you your arranged the posts and the skis.
    Doug Santo - One of the best digital to B&W conversions I've ever seen.
    Ertugrul - Excellent use of the 50mm lens.
    James K - Great comp.
    Roberta D - Creative capture of the moment.
    Ofer - A brilliant shot in every way.
    Don H - Nice soft light and a very nice crop.
    Raaj - Nicely organized composition.
    Shane - You've captured this anomaly brilliantly.
    Tony H - That's just beautiful. Flawless light. My fave of the week.
    Barry F - The experiment was a success! What f-stop did you use?
    Katrina C - That's a stunning image and one of the best uses of HDR that I've ever seen. The placement of the footprints is brilliant.
    Dave G - Shooting shooters - cool idea!
    Mikhail - Interesting atypical shot of the bay.
    Michael Burnett - Nice comp. I like the dark sky.
    Enrique - Funny!
    Jennifer Meighan - That's one of the most interesting houses I've ever seen, and the car fits perfectly.
    Nick D - Interesting composition.
    Ashim - Good lighting, comp, and expression.
    Happy New Year, everyone! Keep up the great work!

111. Thanks everyone for sharing all these great pics. Thanks Han's,Dan and Jeannean for your nice comments. And a Happy New Year to All.

112. Hi Greg and Hans,
    Many thanks for your comments,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

113. Dan: Thank you. When that expression comes on her face, I know that I am in deep trouble! ;)

114. Dan, thank you very much! Yes, it was in Central Park. I shot many of those trees/woods in the Park as I liked the shape and complexity of those winter branches, but I ended up liking this best. I guess I am learning a bit here thanks to many inspiring photos. Happy New Year!

115. Great images, everyone, as always.
    These particularly caught my attention:
    @Peter, your Bald Eagle near the Hudson.
    @James Kazan, the serpentine stairs in Cleveland. I've been at that spot.
    @René, your shot of the Prague Old Town Square at night
    @Don, your studio portrait of the young girl
    @Shane, the ice in Colorado
    @Steve J Murray, your portrait of the Christmas dinner guest
    @Katrina, the woods at night image is excellent, spooky, nice use of HDR

116. Well it's another thread with amazing photos. So I wish to mention a few which spoke to me a tad more than the rest....
    Jose - I can't say it enough.... I love the thought & subject choice for this thread. I love that shot.
    Joe - love the family portrait. Lovely family you've got.
    Dieter - beautiful in flight of the long-billed curlew
    Matthew - beautiful land/seascape. Just love the warm light.
    Per-Christian - now there's a Nordic girl ready for a fight. A bit of a Viking isn't she. ;-) Super fun shot.
    Gary - love it, love it, love it. Beautiful framing & the tree in winter is just wonderful.
    Shun - love the Merganser shot.
    Jens - that must have been a just awesome sight. Lovely landscape.
    Ken - love the shot of all the bare trees for the winter.
    Janne - love the winter landscape. I feel right at home. And thank you for your kind words.
    Jeannean - love your rose, so soft in every way.
    Alejandro - neat shot
    Hamish - beautiful winter landscape
    Jon - neat shot, I really enjoy how that fire turned out.
    Matt - neat shot with Mrs Mallard. I really like this one. And thank you for your kind words. You give me far too much credit.
    Maurice - elegant
    William - lovely gull in flight.
    Epp - got to love this dog shot. Just wonderful.
    Doug - excellent B&W conversion. Well done.
    James - beautiful lines you created.
    Roberta - beautiful holidays/New Years photo. So perfect.
    Rene' - I love European cities with their old buildings. Lovely night shot.
    Sankha - lovely sunset shot.
    Don - wonderful portrait
    Raaj - lovely seascape sunrise with bonus birds.
    Shane - love this shot. B&W is just beautiful.
    Bryan - lovely photo of the sweet puppy.
    Tiffany - lovely candid.
    Katrina - lovely shot.
    Mark - lovely snow landscape.
    Benjamin - beautiful snow landscape.
    Filip - love the silky water landscape.
    Ilkka - love the colors
    Kris - love this unusual Christmas/Seasonal photo. Love the play with the angle.
    Ashim - lovely portrait, welcome to posting.
    Now I know I've not commented on all the photos, but there's simply no time for that. As always this thread is filled with wonderful shots & as always I feel there's something special about them all.
    Jose , I understand you needing a break. Matt will take over for a while. There will undoubtedly be a day when Matt's run out of steam as well. We will all understand then as well. Please continue to contribute here as we all want to see what you "see" in your life.
    Matt - bring it on. :) 2010 is here. :)
    And to Greg - thank you, so am I.
    Wishing us all Golden Light & Willing Subjects for 2010. :)

117. First of all, I want to express my gratitude to all of you for your contributions to this thread, most of you have been so regular to this weekly meeting; I was only the first poster, you have been the people who make this such an enjoyable and fun place. From the bottom of my heart, thanks. You`re lovely people. To the newcomers, you`re welcome. We`ll be glad looking at your current work here each wednesday.
    Many great pics this week as usual, I`ll be short, I`ll mention just ten pics. I like the nice b&w conversion from Shane (from Velvia), Greg Jones` minimalist? scene (also on film), Tom`s flying birds, Lil`s bird having lunch, Oskar`s flower (and that interesting camera setup!), Steve Murray`s portrait, Tiffany`s blue portrait (thanks), Wenshu`s fruits (thanks), nice to see the Bahnhof Strasse from the eyes of Renè and Richard Karash` landscape.
    I already have my pic for the next thread. I`m looking forward to see the first 2010 WedNEsDAy PiC, from now on started by Matt. See you tomorrow!

118. Thank you, Lil. Yes, with temperatures swinging between minus 15 and minus 20 degrees Celcius for the third week in a row, I guess we all have to be a bit Vikings..... ;)

119. Thanks Lil! and very happy to see your D300 paired with the Sigmonster again!!