Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #51

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jose_angel, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Important notice: please keep your pics under 700 pixels width for inline posting and even more important, please keep the FILE SIZES UNDER 300Kb. Notice that this includes photos hosted off-site (Flickr, Photobucket, others). As a reference, notice that my pic is near 100Kb.

The general guidelines for this WedNEsDAy PiC threads, are here.​
    Hi, a bit earlier this morning. Last sunday I was walking in a crowded plaza, this cartoonist and his model called my attention. She have had the same face during all the drawer`s work.
    D700 @ 800ISO, 14bit RAW, 70-200VRII (130mm), 1/60 sec. - f5.6, VR on; slight crop, processed in NX2.
    Please post your favourite pic if you like, taken with Nikon gear. Thanks!
    00VGZv-201075684.jpg

2. "All my bags are packed I’m ready to go……."
    Happy WeDNeSDaY to all and a happy WeDNeSDaY for me too….
    I have spent 18 Xmas and 18 New Years in Japan and finally I will spend these holidays among people who know how to celebrate them….
    I can not believe it but I have lost that Xmas spirit myself… maybe I will recover it again…
    I have four stops in my itinerary…. Florence, Vienna, Zurich and Prague. So for the next few weeks I will posting Xmas snap shots from all these places….
    OK! Back to the thread!
    Thanks again to everyone who mentioned my shot in one way or another last week…. Thank you all for participating and sharing your work….
    My shot this week…. a swan! Yeah! It's swan season again… These guys come from Russia every winter. This shot was taken in a little pond in the North of Niigata prefecture…. It's a small pond, maybe 200 square meters and according to the people who take care of the pond there are around 6,000 swans already…
    I know I took this shot with my AF-S 300 f/4 and a TC but I don't remember which TC. I have 2, Nikon TC17eII and Kenko TC 1.5x. What is confusing is that Capture tells me this shot was taken at 420 mm which doesn't make any sense… It should be 450 or 520 mm. Can anyone explain that?
    300 Combo + TC - AP f/8 - 1/1250s - ISO 200 - EV -0.7
    Spot metering - AF Mode Continues - Focal length 420 mm?
    Now, Let's see some pictures!!! Cheers!
    PS. Did I mention I am flying first thing tomorrow morning? 16 hours from now! :)
    00VGZx-201075784.jpg

3. San Diego
    00VGa0-201077584.JPG

4. Honest candid street shot Jose. I wish I had the pluck to photograph people in public......
    I've had a great week processing my photographs from Lord Howe Island visit two weeks ago. This frame taken using a tri-pod, a set focus point and the cable shutter release to capture these sooty terns as they fly across the frame. This has been the best fun taking photos I've had in months!
    00VGa6-201077884.jpg

5. Good morning everybody! Countdown to Christmas: 1 week+1 :)
    Thanks José, Hamish Gray, Gary McGhee, Jana Hughes, Tiffany Brook, Filip Lucin, Dan South, Benjamin Schaefer, Michael Axel, René Villela, and Alejandro Held for you positive feedback. Shows me I'm on the right path somewhere with crazy ideas I occasionally come up with.
    Just noticed that I have given no feedback... oops. Will do right away! Shouldn't take too much work as an excuse not to say something positive.
    To mention a few: José Angel, Pascal Burel, James Kazan and Uzay Kisi - feels like being there! - Dieter: great cupola! - Tiffany Brook and Hamish Gray: I love the look on the kids' faces - Rodger Baker: perfect perspective! - Lawrence Ho: very trendy! Cool. - Ertugrul Kilic: love it! - Phil Evans: wonderfully sensual! Robert Premkumar: this is dreamland. -
    I postprocessed some older images lately, and came across this one from a balloon ride:
    [​IMG]
    Shot with D700 and 24-85 2.8-4, a lens which I did not really like, but I like this result.

6. [​IMG]
    D300 shooting from the hip
    In Japan, bikes do not battle traffic!

7. Hello everyone..
    Thanks to Rene, Tiffany Brook & Michael Axel for their comments last week.
    A friend of mine was passing through London over the weekend and I was showing her around town. I carried my tripod & camera just incase I was able to find at interesting shot in the evening. Here’s a shot that I took of Buckingham palace. I find the blown highlights just above the palace troubling and was wondering if a ND grad filter would have countered that. Anyway, I look forward to the pictures this week.
    Have a nice day!
    00VGaJ-201079684.jpg

8. The Peak of the Week again! I am so looking forward to this thread and our weekly stroll through the world. Thank you everybody for making this thread so popular!
    This week I'll share a photo from a quite snowless winter here in Southern Norway. There are not many hours with daylight, and this lighthouse was bathed in the warm orange sunset on last Sunday, just before 1600Hrs.
    00VGaM-201079884.jpg

9. Wednesday again & I wish to start by thanking Jon, Michael & Alejandro for commenting on my submission from last week. I didn't get around to commenting due to sever headache Sunday & Monday I spent most of the day on the phone with Apple trying to fix my husband's iPhone which went nuts over a software update.
    Anyhow, this week I have had to process a shot from a few weeks ago as I've not gone out for the last few weeks & have nothing brand new.... In order to get this shot the way I wanted it I've done some more work than normal in CS3 - there are just times the birds don't understand directions given them. ;-)
    D300, 300mm AF-S f/4, 1.4 TC Kenko, ISO 400, handheld (or rather lying flat on my stomach on a bridge trying to hold the lens) 1/3200s (to ensure steady shot) f/8, - 0.3 EV
    Larger version can be seen & commented upon here
    http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/p1058180627/h12aec071#h12aec071
    I hope you will enjoy
    [​IMG]

10. Hello All
    Again in San Telmo Antique Market in Buenos Aires, last Sunday. One of the things I enjoy to making photos there are the Siphon Soda Bottles. There are several stands selling only Soda bottles. When I was a kid I use to break several of this, now are sold between 15 to 60 US Dollars each.
    D300 + 18-200 VR @56mm - f 5 - 1/500 - ISO 250
    00VGaf-201081684.jpg

11. Wonderful photos so far and look forward to all the rest! My contribution this week had to be something with dew on it, since every morning has been foggy. This was taken Monday morning (the spider webs were especially spectacular) and this particular one reminded me of Christmas ornaments with the hibiscus refractions, so decided to post this. (D90/Sigma 150/diffused SB600 at 1/80, f10/ISO 200):
    [​IMG]
    Happy Holidays!

12. Jeannean - that's just an amazing shot. You better make that a Christmas card.
    Wonderful & so playful :)
    Lil :)

13. Hello Everybody,
    first thank you Greg Kowalczewski and Jon Aymon for your very kind comments on my last photo. I really appreciate it.
    René, have a wonderful Christmas in Europe, especially in Prague, I am jealous, I've lost the Christmas spirit in Australia too, the Summer heat doesn't make me think of the festivities at all. Enjoy!
    I have rediscovered my prime lens this week, it is 85 mm f/1.8 and I am so excited about it, that I've decided to use mostly this lens to improve my composition. I shot this photo in a cafe in Forest Hill near Brisbane, Australia, it is a very small town, but really beautiful and I spent the whole day finding interesting things to photograph there. The cafe serves the best food I've had so far in Australia, by the way.
    I look forward to seeing the rest of this week's photos.
    Jana
    D700+85 mm F/1.8D, at ISO 3200 (no comment, obviously I forgot to lower it after my last shoot), F/2.2, 1/5000s
    00VGb9-201083584.jpg

14. Alejandro and Jeannean, full marks from me, I love those kind of photos. Jana

15. D200, 50mm f/1.4. Very cool images so far. Jeannean, that is a glorious image. Matthew, that bird image is just extraordinary. Jose, and Rene, both your images crack me up. Jose: Yours because of the translation of a person into a caricature, and Rene, maybe the big "feet". Lil, I'm a sucker for a great bird shot. Fantastic start. It occurred to me last week, you could virtually turn this thread into a book, the images are so good.
    00VGbG-201083684.jpg

16. Wow these first pics are all amazing. Lil your pic is very well composed and sharp. Jeannean this shot is sooo cool. The more I stare at it the more detail I see. Jose great street shot.I think it so funny. My shot was from one of the thousands I took over Thanksgiving. The Turkey Trot comes right in front of my house every year with 12,000 runners I get many photo opportunities. This guy was blowing away everyone. Nikon D3, VR 80-400mm, F/11, 1/320s, ISO 4,000.
    00VGbH-201085684.jpg

17. This shot was taken on Sunday afternoon. After several weeks with no snow winter has finally come with avengeance. We went for a hike in the driving snow up our favourite hill.
    D300 with Tokina 28mm f2.8 Ai MF @ f4, ISO 200 1/40s.
    00VGbI-201085584.jpg

18. December Storm
    Or How to turn a 4 hour trip into a 8 hour nightmare
    Went to the house in Vermont this weekend.. Sunday started out as a great sunny day. We normally leave VT around 7pm, and get back to NY by 11pm. It started to snow lightly around 1pm so we pushed up the departure time to 2:30 just in case.
    By 3 PM it was a complete full blown storm. Our 4 hour trip turned into an 8 hour nightmare. Now I’ve been going to VT for 30 years and I am well prepared with 4 wheel drive SUVs and big meaty tires. The problem is that a SUV can get you going when others can’t, but they do nothing to help stop on ice. The snow changed over to freezing rain as we drove south... Nothing like spending 8 hours on the edge of your seat.
    Here’s a shot from the road during the storm on Sunday. BTW this is a color shot, that’s how gray it was.
    Nikon D300 AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED at 27mm
    Program AE, 1/125 sec, f/5.6, ISO 800

[​IMG]

19. Really strong photos so far - I have been looking forwards to seeing all your work.
    My entry is of the hand-made ethnic goods in an almost secret shop. It is set in the woods and with the smell of incence and the brightly coloured wares for sale, it is a great place to lose oneself. I used my D50 and 75-150mm E.
    00VGbc-201089684.jpg

20. My first post here. My compliments to all you great photographers out there!
    Slot (Castle) Loevestijn, near the pittoresque town of Woudrichem, The Netherlands.
    D700, Nikkor 135mm AI 2,8. 1/800@F2.8
    00VGbk-201091584.jpg

21. Waiting for the race....
    00VGbl-201091884.jpg

22. Good morning, my friends ! Wonderful pictures so far...Mine was taken with D300 + 10-24 at 10mm, 10s, F8, ASA 200 :
    00VGc1-201093584.jpg

23. @Jeannean: Truly amazing shot! Wonderful!

24. Tried the bird shot. I thought my fingers would get frozen and fall.
    00VGck-201105584.jpg

25. Last Sunday in a bit of woods near Lansing, Michigan.
    00VGdB-201113584.jpg

26. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Jeannean: wonderful image
    I drive by this empty field every morning. These wild flowers usually bloom in the spring, and this sea of yellow is just beautiful. It has been raining here in the last few weeks. Somehow these flowers are blooming very early this season.
    Nikon D700 with 24mm/f3.5 PC-E lens, f11 with a slight tilt to achieve sharpness from near to far.
    00VGdC-201113684.jpg

27. Happy WedNEsDAy everyone.

Went to visit a medieval village here in the north of Spain. There's so much left to photograph there!
    Oh, and thanks for the nice comments on last week's picture.
    00VGdF-201113984.jpg

28. Hi all,
    Again Happy Wednesday and happy to post here :)
    Good morning, good evening and good night to all of you.
    Here is my contribution taken with my very new AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED...
    One of the first tries with this lens :)
    And thanks to Greg Kowalczewski and Tiffany Brook for their comments last week.
    Nikon D300 and 60 mm Micro @ 60 mm, ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/15...
    00VGdK-201115584.JPG

29. Good Morning! My thanks for any comments on last weeks image. This was an exciting week as I received a new lens and took a few shots in my yard to try it out. This is with the D300 and the new micro nikkor 105mm, AFS VR at f3.2, 1/320 sec, iso 400, handheld.
    We will be traveling for the holidays, so I'll see you all here in 2010!
    Happy Holidays to all of you and thanks to Jose, Shun and Lex for a wonderful year!
    Dick
    00VGdR-201117584.jpg

30. My daughter shot with Nikon D80 Tamron 25-75 F/2.8
    Shot at ISO400 1/80 f/3.2
    00VGdU-201117684.jpg

31. Great Stuff this week. Jeannean, stellar; Lil, nice light, Matthew lovely place and perfect catch (@ 1/1000th why the 'pod?).
    This little guy was wrapped up for the Arctic at the Christmas parade, but seemed a bit overwhelmed by it all. D700, 24-85D at 80mm f/4
    00VGdb-201119584.jpg

32. Rick Dohme - your photo made me laugh. Godo way to start the afternoon!
    Last week-end in Belgium, kids celebrated the coming of Sint. Niklaas, who lands (by boat) in the Netherlands on the 5th with his black (from working in chimneys) helpers and passes by Belgium on the 6th. While passing buy he leaves presents to kids .... and sometimes he and his helpers (each called piet something) leave one of their hat as well.
    I guess my son was a one of the lucky ones :) and he could not wait (photo taken at 7am!).
    [​IMG]
    D700, AFS 50/1.4, f/2, 1/200s, iso1100

33. Hi all
    This week I am posting a shot from a shoot I did over the weekend
    hope you enjoy it
    00VGdk-201121584.jpg

34. I'm now in a hotel close to the international airport in Niigata prefecture (Japan). I'm sorry! I am so excited about this trip… I've been looking forward to it since June. Next time I'll check the thread will be from Korea!
    Jeannean…. WOW! That is all…. Just in case you didn't here me….. WOW!
    Jana…. Thank you! As far as i know I will be drinking WARM WINE in Prague! I have no idea what it will taste like but I will remember you as I drink! Cheers!
    Michael…. ???? Are you laughing at my ducky? Sorry! I just scratched you off my Xmas list! No more D3s for you!!! Instead I will buy some Nikes for the duck! :)
    Shun…. I wonder if those are the same flowers as this: http://www.photo.net/photo/7270519
    Keep them coming guys!

35. Hi everyone,
    Okay, so I have found this site to be captivating, not just to submit my work but to see everyone else's interpretation of their worlds. Beautiful shots, thoughtful layouts, in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time opportunities, it goes on. And it's all good.
    Just picked up a new D90 with an 18-105 lens. During a photo shoot on a yacht, we used this plate of salmon, capers, onions and eggs as a prop in the galley. Shot from overhead, it picks up some of the ambient light as well as the ceiling lighting. Hope it makes your mouth water.
    Looking forward to today's entries.
    Tom
    D90, 18-105mm, 60 mm, iso 400
    00VGeJ-201131684.jpg

36. bms

bms

Amazing amazing. Rene, Lil, and in particular Jeannean.... (other don't frown, I just looked quickly, I have 2 min before I have to leave).
    Got my 24-70 on Monday and have taken zero shots with it. Too busy. So I am cheating, here is one from 1.5 weeks ago (same venue as last week). Sorry....
    00VGex-201139584.jpg

37. Season's greetings all. This is a shot from back in August at Duxford airfield in England, when I spotted this pair of legs protruding from the engine nacelle of a B17 Fortress and thought it looked hilarious. I always believe in the motto that says 'shoot first, ask questions later', so I nabbed it quickly. Photos still downloading, so will enjoy browsing them later. D700 on iso400, 1/30 sec, f/11, Nikon AF 24-120mm at 90mm.
    [​IMG]
    "its a bit tight, but we can squeeze a couple of seats in here I think........"

38. Another rainy, damp Sunday and our two dogs were recruited for some portrait shots. Annie-B is very proud of her Christmas corsage and Jake is doing his hound dog routine. I used a 2' x 3' softbox to camera right and an umbrella fill to camera left. This was a fun project, but very hectic, especially with two dogs at the same time.
    00VGfA-201143584.jpg

39. Another image from last week in Maui. The surf, rocks, and beaches were addictive, photographically. Same location as last week's image, but this time a wide shot. The waves crashing into the cliffs here at the West end of Oneloa Bay were huge during this record surf week. The rhythm of the surf works on you. A wave crashes... then another... and another. There's a secondary rhythm as the big waves come in sets, each big set is followed by a set of much smaller waves, then back to the huge crashes. You can really get into this rhythm.
    I arrived early on a morning exploration, while beach and surf were still in shadow. Then the sun rose, brightening the scene. That's when I shot. It's very contrasty; following a tip, I duplicated my NEF file and processed the pair in Photomatix tone mapping to get the effect here.
    My best regards to all.
    00VGfS-201145684.jpg

40. Hello All,
    Sunday I took the wife to the left coast(florida's that is) to continue my project I am working on. We had a really good time. There we got to watch the sunset on the Gulf-o-Mexico.
    00VGfc-201147684.JPG

41. Another rainy, damp Sunday and our two dogs were recruited for some portrait shots. Annie-B is very proud of her Christmas corsage and Jake is doing his hound dog routine. I used a 2' x 3' softbox to camera right and an umbrella fill to camera left. This was a fun project, but very hectic, especially with two dogs at the same time.

42. Good morning all.
    Thanks for your comments last week. Today's contribution is from a Christmas Parade in Plano, Texas where I live.
    00VGfg-201147584.jpg

43. D700, 1600 ISO, 70-200 VR @ 70mm, 1/200s f/2.8, RAW processed in Lightroom
    00VGfh-201149584.jpg

44. Luminaries at the Wildflower Center
    00VGfo-201153584.jpg

45. From a detour on my way back to my office recently
    00VGfq-201155784.jpg

46. Wow, what a wonderful start . Jeannean that is truly an amazing shot ,way to go girl!
    We have had over 22 inches of rain in the last 15 days, so not much chance to get out and about. Did manage to go to the Mississippi River levee not too far from my home on this past Sunday hoping to catch a ship in the dense fog .
    I guess most people don't go out early in the drizzle and fog, as a policeman stopped and came over wanting to know what I was doing, and if I was alright!
    D300 12-24mm (22 mm) at f/6 Iso 200 EV -1.67 ( I tried several exposure adjustments as the fog was really a dirty gray looking, not white and just hanging over the water )
    00VGfr-201155684.jpg

47. Bob and Jan at home
    Jeannean- A delightful image
    Arthur- Nice!
    00VGft-201157584.jpg

48. Rene, it will be mulled wine, it is a wine warmed up with some spices, usually cinnamon and clove, it is sweetened and it tastes divine. You will get tipsy pretty quickly too, so watch out. Have a great time!

49. I'm not sure what type of Owl this is... Image was taken with a Nikon D200 70-200mm f2.8 lens. ISO 100, f3.5 @ 1/160 second.
    00VGg3-201161584.jpg

50. Whilst drinking my 1st cup of coffee this morning, this ibis landed on top of the swing seat
    00VGg6-201161884.jpg

51. This is my first post here, and I want to share this image of a tree I pass every day on my way home from work. It looks like a lot of work to get all these lights strung, but I enjoy the effect.
    00VGgI-201163684.jpg

52. First time I visited Macau since the entertainment/casino industry started blooming a few years ago. The neon lights, the glamors. A shot during a short show right in lobby of the Wynn Hotel, right under the roof of a gigantic Chinese Zodiac calendar display ...
    D700 + 14-24 f2.8 lens; Focal length: 16mm, 2.8f, 1/60s, ISO1100
    [​IMG]

53. Happy Wednesday everyone !!
    Congratulations to : Tim H, Jeannean, Richard K and Roberta D .... your pictures guys are lovely.
    Here is my post for this Wednesday : took this picture last saturday. As you can see, it was a very close winning, by inches and still my Nikon D300 kept focus on the horse that was ahead of the others. Pretty nice !! I hope you enjoy it.
    00VGgN-201163584.JPG

54. In between seasons is a challenging time for me to find subjects to shoot...I thought this twig was pretty cool looking. Bring on the snow...
    00VGgP-201165584.jpg

55. Library building, Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA. D700, 14-24/2.8, 14mm, f/9, ISO 200, matrix metered, manual mode, 5 shot bracket between 1/50s to 1/800s, processed with photomatix. Converted to black and white in Corel PSP Photo X2 with a simulated Kodak red 25 filter.
    00VGgY-201165884.jpg

56. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Happy Wednesday everybody
    A little cute girl who suddenly noticed a musician coming
    along the street
    00VGgd-201167584.jpg

57. Seasons Greetings from Cleveland, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    12/14/09 - ISO 100, f8 5.00secs, 35mm

58. Nikon D80, probably a 70-300 Nikkor AF zoom.
    00VGgr-201169584.jpg

59. Hello everybody!
    The 51st edition of the Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC is full of great pics.The standard of the pics posted climbs a notch higher each week.Jeannean's photo this week is simply spectacular.
    Uzay Kisi thanks for your appreciation my pic last week.
    This week,Chillies to ward off the chill anyone?
    00VGgt-201171584.jpg

60. Happy Wednesday. Great pictures as usual.
    I did not go out to take pictures this past weekend because of the bad weather. So, my submission of the week is from November’s shots. While hiking in local hills, this young fellow and his friends/family came across my path. I had my D300 with me at the time. Took several pictures. I choose this one because I like the movement of the deer and the color.
    00VGh3-201175584.jpg

61. pge

pge

Absolutely awesome shots today, I am thinking this is the best start ever. Here is my contribution this week, my wife and I got away from the kids for a night and this was shot from the inside the hotel room, and its the only shot you "public" are going to see from that hotel room.
    Phil
    00VGhA-201175784.jpg

62. Jeannean, I like it very much. It’s a perfect shot.

63. Happy
    Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #51
    This was a little lizard roaming around the Roman country-side
    00VGhj-201183584.jpg

64. A bit of Christmas from Texas and the Alamo. Great shots everyone.

65. Rothenburg ob der Tauber-one of the best-presenved walled towns in Germany. Nikon D100, Promaster 28-105 lens.
    [​IMG]
    Rothenburg on the Tauber River

66. Great work this week! Outstanding.

67. 3sh

3sh

Greetings to all. My this week contribution is a view of golden gate which I got to see when I took a tour of it by a bicycle. Golden gate is one of the most photographed bridge in the world and there are hundreds of thousands of spectacular photos of it. Lets see how mine is rated.
    Already Wednesday # 51 is showing some wonderful photographs.
    Details - Nikon D300, 18-135mm VR at 38mm, f/10, 1/200s, ISO 200, Lexar 8GB 300x.
    00VGiJ-201189584.jpg

68. Hi Wdayers, beautiful shots as usual
    my favs so far;
    James Kazan, beautiful night photo
    Tim Holte, your photo has a soul
    Paul B. , beautiful shot
    Jeannean Buglady , what a beauty, very well done.
    Here is my contribution this week
    Birdgate (Fog, lake and birds)
    [​IMG]
    D700+180 2.8 @5.6 1/640 ISO 200

69. Great work this week! Outstanding.

70. Great work this week! Outstanding. I am humbled by the company here.
    My approach to wildlife is the same with a Grizzly Bear or a Fire Ant. Compose the shot predetermine the exposure and wait for the subject to enter the frame. Often this will yield the results that I'm looking for. Not surprisingly I've had more trouble with Fire Ants than Grizzlies or Wolves. Aggressive little beasties. -Shane Nikon as always.
    00VGiY-201191684.jpg

71. Nikon D300 + 70-200mm 2.8 + Sb800

72. Festival of lights at a local garden.
    00VGil-201193584.JPG

73. Nikon D3 with 24-70mm f2.8 lens at 1/30 second, f22, ISO 200 31mm setting.
    Black and White IR
    Col Washington Days at Ft. Frederick Maryland 2009
    00VGip-201195684.jpg

74. Nikon D300 + 17-50mm 2.8 + Sb800
    00VGiu-201197684.jpg

75. Matthew Brennan: Very pleasing comp and the bird puts something extra in the image. It's not easy to make a landscape work at this time of day but for me this one does. Nice
    Monika Epsefass: Excellent again this week! Your compositions are beautiful.
    Jeannean Buglady: Your use of color, composition and the repeating shapes in the water droplets make this image enjoyable for me.
    Aguinaldo de Paula: Both an interesting Landscape and Documentary image. Fine work.
    Kent Shafer: The tone of the image and glow in the quality of light make this one for me. It's also got a bit of a naturalist perspective that is interesting.
    Shun Cheung: A fine example of how being aware of your daily surroundings can be made into an good solid image.
    Jon Eckman: A very serine image. Dan Park: One of the best Holiday shots I've seen this season. Very good skin tones.

76. Impromptu portrait in Cuenca, Ecuador. D700 + 50/1.4 AF-D, f/4.0, 1/1000 sec, ISO 200.
    00VGjV-201205584.jpg

77. [​IMG]
    D40 @ ISO 200, 1/60
    18-55 @ 18mm, f/16

78. [oops, double-post]

79. Here is mine for the Week.
    It is a partially hidden Christmas Angel on our Christmas Tree.
    Had to hide it high up due to my two year old just wanting to hold it and play with it.
    00VGkH-201217584.JPG

80. Hi everyone,
    Thanks to Tiffany and Michael Axel for you comments on my kite surfer last week.
    Well, we finally had a bit of decent weather in North West England. I made my way up to the Lake District on Saturday and came away with a few shots I was happy with. My shot this week is of Grasmere in the late afternoon sun.
    D700, 135mm f2.8 series E. 1/250 sec @ f/8, iso 500.
    00VGkR-201219584.jpg

81. Wayne - not knowing your location..... But if you're within the US or Canada, it may well be a Barred Owl. Is it captive, as you got it with the 70-200VR?
    Beautiful shots everyone. :)

82. So much great out-in-the-world stuff on today's thread, and here I've spent the entire week glued to a computer doing earn-the-paycheck stuff. Alas. But it's always nice to get a visit from a friend, especially when she's carrying an odd, hairless, wiggly alien creature. This shot was meant to be of the friend, but the creature intervened.
    00VGku-201225784.jpg

83. This is the pet of the restaurant "Donde Mery" i.e. Chez Mery or Mery's
    [​IMG]
    D80 18-135mm kit lens @80mm El Salado, Tolima, Colombia.

84. OH MY GOD! MATT!...... What's with the naked dog???? Dog porn??? :)

85. Cat, Rene'. It's a cat. And don't go there, either. :)

86. hi everyone,
    excellent images so far,
    when i first read about panning i thought my son would be the best one to try this technique,
    the pictures were not great, but i did get the idea about panning, here is one of the pics
    00VGmM-201245584.jpg

87. Tim Holte's is my favourite

88. Victorian Xmas
    00VGmY-201247584.jpg

89. The naked cat - it's really for allergic people. Poor cats though.....

90. Here's a couple of residents of the San Diego Zoo.
    Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, @ 200.ISO 400, f5, 1/200
    00VGmi-201249584.jpg

91. For some reason, I managed to miss last week's thread (as contributor anyway) - it was magic as always. And this week is also off to a great start. I did not yet have time to give all posted photos the attention they deserve, so I'll try to be back later on to post, I hope.
    My contribution for this week is from last sunday, the procession in honour of Santa Lucia in Siracusa (Sicily). Being Dutch, this level of religious display feels almost anachronistic to me, but it is quite special to see it is as alive here today as twittering and iPhones. Quite a crowd gathered, of all ages. So, a real Catholic procession with a massive statue (preceded by relics in a shrine and a bishop), and judging by the men honoured with carrying, a massively heavy statue it is!
    [​IMG]
    D300, 16-85VR @ 16mm. 1/25th, f/4.5, ISO1600. Corrected the white balance afterwards, not much else post processing.

92. Lil Judd.. This was a captive shot, taken at the Carolina Raptor Center outside Charlotte, NC. I need to go back with my D300 and the 200-400mm f4 lens and see what I can do. Thanks for the ID.

93. Hi everyone.
    I had a very diverse week: got some new photo gear, took a lot of photos (testing new gear, did some real estate photography, etc.), but there was one thing that took the whole week over and that was the hardest thing I've yet photographed: I was asked to photograph the funeral of my fiancee's grandfather on Saturday. As you might guess, it was a really hard thing to do, but I managed to do it some way nevertheless. Photos I took were all bit shaky and not that good, my hands were shaking, but I hope the family can get some consolation by looking the photos I took in the future...
    Well, as you might guess, those photos are not something I would post here. So I chose a PiC I took today few hours ago: we have had really cold weather here, and finally got some snow. Today it was nearly -20 Celcius in here, and I decided to freeze my fingers by taking a few snaps. I almost chose another pic, a one of the test photos taken with the new Micro Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G VR -lens I just got in work, but decided to go with this one, documenting the cold weather we still have here before the global warming takes those away from us. (I also got the 85mm f/1.8 D in work, so maybe after the holidays I'll do a small test comparing those two lenses and Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro and post the results here is anyone is interested.)
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D50 + Nikon 35mm f/1.8 (@ f/2, 1/50 sec, ISO 800)
    You can also leave comments for this PiC in here .

94. Greetings! Another terrific Wednesday thread. My contribution today is the Morro Rock (Morro Bay, CA) early this morning.
    00VGnn-201257784.jpg

95. Greetings! Another terrific Wednesday thread. My contribution today is the Morro Rock (Morro Bay, CA) early this morning.

96. Rick Dohme -- I love your running shot! Awesome photos here.
    First time I've ever replied to a Wed. Nikonian thread. (as for Nikon, I own only a lowly 990 Coolpix I bought over 9 years ago)

97. Greetings! Another terrific Wednesday thread. My contribution today is the Morro Rock (Morro Bay, CA) early this morning.

98. Jellybean Man; Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, Ohio. US. As usual, D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G. My usual M.O.
    Happy Wednesday to you all! Awesome shots as always! Very inspiring!
    Michael
    00VGnz-201261684.jpg

99. Looks like a naked chiguagua to me! lol
    I need to wake up and 2.5 hrs! and you people don't let me sleep! :)

100. Let me try again
    00VGo2-201259684.jpg

101. Sorry for posting twice -- my error.

102. D300 Sigma 30mm 1.4
    00VGoF-201261784.jpg

103. Here is my contribution for this week...
    D300 - 50 mm 1.8
    00VGoe-201267584.jpg

104. Nikon F2, 85mm f/2 Nikkor, Ektar 100
    00VGp4-201273584.jpg

105. Michael, Not for nuthin, but has anyone else noticed that Jellybean Man's head appears to be on backwards?
    Matt, That would, indeed, take some getting-used-to.

106. Holy Wednesday my dear colleagues,
    Seasons Greetings from Paramaribo.
    Dear Jon Aymon, Michael Axel and Monika Epsefass; Thank you very much for your unbeatable words to my last week's post, I appreciated.
    I captured my photo early this morning but couldn't post earlier. Finally I found some nice lights and still dark colored clouds with reflection after few months of my trial on same place. Taken NEF and processed in Capture NX2 just for converting to JPG as usual every time. Hope you like it and many cheers you to all. Regards,
    Ertugrul
    00VGpR-201279784.jpg

107. D90 60mm 2.8 macro

108. Love - Nikon D90 60mm f2.8 Macro
    00VGpz-201285684.jpg

109. Wow! What a bumper crop of excellent images. Outstanding work all. A few that really grabbed my attention were Jeannean's image of the spider's web.
    Jose, I really liked your street scene.
    The nighttime city shots of San Deigo and Cleveland were both attention grabbing - well done Enrique and James Kazan.
    Jennifer, I thought the twig looked pretty cool to! Well done.
    Lil Judd, your shots are always inspiring and this week's submission continues your high quality work.
    Tom Serio your food shot made me hungry and I don't even care for smoked salmon.
    Jana Hughes your still life of Caffe Sorella was a pleasure to view.
    Per-Christian your lighthouse looks very serene and peaceful. I love the lighting.
    Thomas Gerstendoefer you really nailed the energy and excitement of a live performance.
    Louis Meluso it is easy to see the love and affection in your portrait
    Gary McGhee, nice shot of the fall colors.
    Thomas Burden your shot of Boarish behavior gave me a chuckle as did Steve Belden's photo of Chartreux.
    Thanks to all the posters for making this a very enjoyable Wednesday Pic!

110. The Laajalahti Bay is developing an ice cover on Tuesday.
    00VGqJ-201287884.jpg

111. Glacier Ice Caves ,Jungfraujoch Switzerland
    00VGqu-201291684.JPG

112. Steve Belden's cat has a shocked look. Probably from seeing Matt's naked cat. :)

113. First off, thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my photo last week! My shot this week is again from my trip to Monterey.
    00VGry-201301584.jpg

114. too lazy to upload... here's a link. Sydney Rene's 2nd birthday. Nikon D80 Sigma 18-50 f2.8 iso 100 f5.6 1/60sec
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/evilsivan/4186965092/

115. Michael, Not for nuthin, but has anyone else noticed that Jellybean Man's head appears to be on backwards?​
    I believe that's what they call "artistic license." :-D

116. I was fortunate enough to visit China last month. Here's a shot of the Great Wall at the less touristy Mutianyu segment. Snow had fallen just a few days before, but it was beautiful the day we visited.
    Shady side of the Great Wall. D700 85mm 1.4
    00VGtq-201321684.jpg

117. First of all, let me thank those who noticed my photo last week. Jon Aymon, Rene' Villela and Alejandro Held, thank you for your time!

Now, my favorites for this week...
    Rene' Villela , have a safe flight and enjoy your time in Europe. I really like the light on that bird, it's making difference.
    Matthew Brennan , i really like the wide angle on this one, plus great that you have bird in frame. It's a little bit over sharpen, though.
    Jeannean Buglady , great job getting that flower image in drops.
    Rick Dohme , good compo, great job getting front one in air. :)
    Thomas Gerstendoerfer , good job, your photo is bursting with energy!
    Jennifer Meighan , really good, minimalistic photo.
    Epp B , I love that landscape, great composition, nice colors!
    Gary McGhee , great composition and colors.
    Michael Brown , good one!

To rest of you that I didn't mention, sorry, just can't mention all of you, I did like many more photos...

My photo is self portrait, influenced by self portrait of a well know Croatian painter. Edited in capture NX and paint shop pro a little.
    00VGum-201327584.jpg

118. I am arriving late on the wednesday thread. Santa has been very good to me this year by giving me lots of work...almost too much to handle. Great images this week and my late arrival gives me more to look at.
    Matthew...Incredible capture...stunning colors
    Alejandro...always a remarkable eye for beauty
    Jeannean...quite possibly my favorite today...most definitely the most beautiful ornaments I have seen
    Rick...That's why they call him "Leader of The Pack"...vroom vroom
    Hamish...Gorgeous and emotive shot. The curves of the hills really bring the whole thing together
    Aguinaldo...Wonderful colors...definitely transporting
    Paul...Outstanding colors
    Tim...Great shot...wonderful lines and tone
    Tom...Nicely done and great composition
    Andrew...Good one...timing is everything
    Michael...well done...all three of you
    Richard...gorgeous shot. I think that might be the stretch where many years ago, I had an unfortunate incident with a kayak.
    Thomas...Great concert shot. You really captured the energy
    Louis...Very nice, bright and warm portrait
    Wayne...Wow..great shot. I have never had the good fortune to see one in the wild
    James...sensational colors
    Epp...As always, I love your perspective
    Gary...Another beauty
    Matt...Great shot, that's quite a cat.
    My contribution is from a recent shoot. I have been photographing this little girl since she was a babe and she is just such a blast to work with. This expression kind of sums her up.
    00VGv1-201329584.jpg

119. Cyclocross Nationals in Bend, OR this last weekend.
    [​IMG]
    D700, 24-70/2.8 @ 70mm, 1/1250s, f/5.6 ISO 1000

120. Jeannean, I think you win
    Aguinaldo, Wonderful composition and colors
    Matthew Brennan, very nice, good catch
    In December thus far we've had 22.47 inches of rain and there are two weeks left. At Audubon Park I shot these live oaks with a D700 and a nikkor-H 50 f2, using the built in flash for fill
    [​IMG]

121. The following is a short list of the shots that grabbed more of my attention.
    Jose Angel – love the contrast between what the artist sees and what the artist sketches.
    Jeannean Buglady – My favourite (and a very different interpretation to Leonid Dombrovsky’s POW 2009-08-24)
    Rick Dohme – Really funny and well executed, the leader appears oblivious to the herd behind him.
    Tim Holte – The mood reminds me of Clarice Beckett’s St Kilda Road (famous Australian artist).
    Lawrence Ho – Great colours.
    James Kazan – Love the colours and the ripple effect in the reflection.
    Michael Brown – Nice capture of the Jellybean man (colour and lighting).
    Filip Lucin – I like the shot but would prefer a “less faded look” to the overall image.
    Tiffany Brook – Nice attention to detail (expression, colours and framing).
    Shot over the weekend, another game of cricket with a bowler making a mess of the batsman’s stumps.
    D300 fitted with TC-14EII teleconverter and Nikkor 70-200G VR lens at 280 mm, f/4, ISO 200 (tripod mounted). I feel that this combination delivers images that are marginally sharper in contrast and detail than my 70-300 G VR shot wide open at f/5.6 at similar focal lengths (and with the same set-up). The industrial nature of some of this venue is borne out by the background.
    00VGwn-201359584.jpg

122. Hello to everyone and Happy WedNEsDAy. The contributions this week are spectacular. Today I'm posting a little touch of Venice in October. I continue to look forward to Wednesdays!
    00VGwz-201361584.jpg

123. The lady says something to the musician and he seems to begin to collect his instruments.
    00VGzc-201377684.jpg

124. Jeannean

you nailed this weeks thread. you win, you beaT me by a mile
    CONGRATULATIONS

125. Couldn't resist taking this shot as they both looked so cozy. D700 w/ 50mm f/1.4D. ISO1600, f/2.8, 1/40 sec. AWB and imported via LR2. Cropped and nothing else.
    00VH35-201413684.jpg

126. Had fun playing with slow shutter speeds and our Christmas tree tonight. We got one of those bases that slowly turns the tree so you can see all sides. The LED C9 light bulbs are beautiful when they are still or drifting by slowly on the tree, but I like them this way, too.
    00VH39-201415684.jpg

127. Well, it is the time of year, so here's one I shot last weekend with a beautiful arrangement my wife made
    00VH3v-201423684.jpg

128. Hi everyone,
    Its been quite a while since I posted here… I've been distracted with other matters (such as getting married etc.) Hopefully I'll be back and posting over the next couple of weeks.
    So many superb shots in this thread, but the ones that especially grabbed my attention were Jeannean's string of pearls (just a perfect, perfect photo), Tim Holte's Cartier-Bresson-ish walker in the rain, Gary McGhee's wonderful lake-scape, and, as I just bought a new mountain bike, Joshua's faceplant (why would you wear white in an event like that??)
    Best
    Chris Court

129. Again another Wednesday of great photos. Matt's cat blew me away.
    This is a shot of an old warrior.
    D70s 12-24mm, iso 200 with photometix
    00VH4J-201431584.jpg

130. Stalking a heron.
    00VH4S-201435584.jpg

131. mbh

mbh

Chinese yoyo,
    00VH4o-201439584.jpg

132. Some amazing shots.
    Oregon Coast
    D80 24mm 2.8 ISO200 1/60th @ f11 pp in Lr.
    00VH5K-201449584.jpg

133. [​IMG] L.A. River couple of weeks ago. D700 24-70

134. @Roberta - is that picture of the Mississippi on the Westbank or New Orleans side? Great shot!

135. I was very impressed with Dieter's HDR image of the dome at Les Invalides in Paris. Here's a non-HDR version of the same church.
    D700, 24-70 f/2.8 G, ISO 3200
    00VH6Z-201463684.jpg

136. So many great photos, so little time! Please forgive me for not being able to comment on more of them. It's great to see so many D700 users this week!
    Alejandro Held - excellent composition and beautiful pastel colors
    Jeannean Buglady - amazing macro; love the red background and reflections
    Thomas Gerstendorfer - provocative action shot; I can feel the singer's energy and sensuality
    Bryan Davis - welcome! Nice shot of a difficult to expose subject
    Maurice Orozco - by a nose!
    James Kazan - it takes a real man to make Cleveland look beautiful
    Sanford Gerald - interesting, delicate lighting
    Hans Schrama - beautiful and touching holiday image
    Michael Brown and Filip Lucin - your very artistic images blew me away; I'm at a loss for words!

137. Jeannean Buglady : Great usage of dew!
    Hamish Gray : You paired the atmosphere with the bokeh for a great effect here. I love it.
    Francesco Pessolano : The expression is priceless. :)
    Tim Holte : Did you climb up in a tree for this one? Great vantage point.
    Richard Karash : Great HDR
    Jon Eckman : Great atmosphere – where is this?
    Gary McGhee : I missed autumn this year, at least I have everyone else's photos on the site (including this one!)
    I'm done with finals for this quarter (finally!) so next week I'll be rearing and ready to go for the second to last Wednesday of the year. Nice work everyone!

138. Welcome back, Chris Court.

139. Nice to meet you again this week! You all submit lovely photos again this Wednesday.
    I found this days a cat and I take it home. Outside was freezing.
    Meet Jimmy! :)
    I forgot something:
    Nikon D80, 50/1.4 AF-D, SB600, iso 400, f/4, 1/80, -1EV.
    I'm glad to see photos from negatives (film) this week. I hope Santa will be good to me this year and take me a scanner :)
    00VHBE-201519584.jpg

140. Cathi and Maurice, thank you for the very kind comments.
    It is on the eastbank (New Orleans ) side of the river. It was actually taken by the spillway by River Road.
    Roberta

141. Although there are many wonderful shots this week, hats off to Jeannean for the dew photo. Gets me thinking that you can enhance a shot like that by putting your favorite object behind the web and have it picked up in the drops (if possible). See you all next week.

142. Happy Wednesday from Thursday. Sorry I'm late but I was on the road. Great images from all as usual. This was taken last month at a nearby park.
    D5000, 18-55mm at 50mm 1/4s f5.6 iso 200
    00VHJf-201591684.jpg

143. Last week at Rincon Point, California. It may be winter everywhere else, but in California surf's up!
    00VHPq-201651584.jpg

144. Amazing thread as always - - but the clear winner for me this week is Jeannean. :)
    I have seen shots earlier with reflections in drops, but only a few & they're normally staged. This one is not. So my hat's off to Jeannean for such a wonderful shot & my husband was really amazed when he saw it. He feels it's a one in a million shot.
    Past Jeannean's clear win , those which stand out to me are.....
    Jose - I like your candid street photo a lot
    Rene' - I'm a sucker for swans, what can I tell you. ;-) Nice BIF
    Matthew - just a great landscape with a bird passing through - just love it. Made me laugh.
    Per-Christian - beautiful Scandinavian landscape from Norway. So brings me home. Per-Christian is it true that Norway doesn't belong to the European Union?
    Michael - lovely ice landscape - what are those wood rings for? Fishing???
    Rick - that is a fun & engaging shot of the runner.
    Hamish - another wonderful winter landscape.
    Joe - wonderful winter road - I so remember those from back home. Love the depth of that shot.
    Arthur - welcome to posting in the Wednesday thread. Wonderful landscape & B&W conversion.
    Kent - I love the post processing on this shot - very inviting to me.
    Shun - love the color & it's great that you're that attuned to your environment
    Kris - love the lines & reflections you got.
    Richard - beautiful Christmas card for sure.
    Mark - wonderful shot of your daughter.
    Mark Mandell - neat candid of the little boy
    Francesco - great shot of your son
    Tim - been there & done that..... Great capture
    Michael - two great dog portraits. I hope you took some of them interacting...
    Richard - beautiful seascape of the coastline
    Jon - I love your seascape - very moody
    Roberta - love this moody landscape, glad you picked this version. :)
    Wayne - beautiful portrait of the owl
    Jennifer (Jen) - beautiful shot of this very interesting twig. Background so works for this.
    Doug - love the post processing on this shot.
    Erik - lovely candid of the little girl
    James - beautiful night shot.
    Sanford - beautiful portrait
    Paula - love the deer shot, colors, framing & action of it.
    Sankha - wonderful shot of the Golden Gate
    Epp - beautiful winter landscape
    Gary - I love the colors & inviting feel of this landscape
    Mikhail - love the seascape
    Pascal - love the Moulin Rouge night shot
    Ertugrul - another beautiful seascape
    Ilkka - if for no other reason than it bringing me home to winter in Sweden, but it is a beautiful winter landscape as well.
    Tiffany - beautiful portrait of the little girl.
    John - love the landscape
    Lance - beautiful moody land/seascape
    All in all another wonderful thread - as always I've commented on too many.... but what else can I do....
    And Thank You to Michael, Rick, Mark Mandell, Benjamin & Homer for mentioning/commenting on my Western Grebe (bird) photo this week, I'm very happy you enjoyed it.

145. Camera
    • Nikon D300
    Lense
    • Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    00VHY6-201715684.JPG

146. Oh, hard choice this time...
    Alejandro Held 's image appeals to my graphic senses...
    Jeannean Buglady : great! A true Christmas shot.
    Rick Dohme : love that yellow hair!
    Hamish Gray : as gray as your name, is the weather, isn't it? A winter story. I also like
    Joe Leotta 's sense of isolation
    Aguinaldo : that's so surreal!
    Kris Heylen : that landscape is fantastic!
    Tim Holte is my true favourite: as sexy as rain can be!
    Andrew Fedon : that is so funny!
    Michael Spencer : christmas dogs?
    Luis Meluso : your couple sparkles! Wonderful.
    Jennifer Meighan : touching a nerve. We have a series in a german portal called "tied", where this would fit perfectly.
    James Kazan : nice side of Cleveland!
    Brandon Wu : very emotional. I love this.
    Gary McGhee : a lovely autumn shot that is.
    Mikhail Tsypkin : the light is fantastic.
    Joshua Boelter : what a moment!
    And Matt Laur : that is not a cat. That's an alien! Makes me rethink the concept of "soft and furry"... :)

147. Thank you all for your very kind comments on my photo. They have made a very difficult week more pleasant knowing it was liked by so many of you. I have enjoyed looking at each photo submitted. You all are such a talented group, with so many interesting pictures. It was another very enjoyable week of seeing your world through your lens. Thank you Lil for taking the time to comment on each photo. The words of encouragement here, and the helpful guidance from PhotoNet's members in various forums, has challenged me to try and become a better photographer. I know we all share in our gratitude to Jose for his effort in keeping this thread going, and just wanted to say thanks again. (btw...your photo cracked me up, showing why artists don't need Photoshop! ;-)
    Chris...congratulations on your marriage! We were afraid a dragonfly had carried you off into the netherlands. Glad to hear it was just a female human who had captured you. Wish you both much love and happiness. We've missed you. :)
    Rene (and everyone else who will be travelling over the holidays) travel safely and have a great time! We all look forward to seeing what you saw.
    Until next Wednesday...happy shooting!

148. Homer, Filip, Tiffany, Chris, James, Lil and Monika, thanks for the nice comments on my Grasmere photo.
    Gary.

149. Thank you all for your comments and pics (from current&past week!). Great to see there are some mountaineers around here...

Renè, to your question about the week number issue (I forgot, my excuses), we started on week #2 because there was not wednesday on the first week of 2009... January 1st fall on thursday.
    Hamish, I like to visit the northern spanish ranges, Swiss Alps and sometimes the french Pirenees, amongst others. But one of my favourites is a rocky granite area in central Spain, probably the biggest in Europe in its class, short in altitude but plenty of walls and slopes.
    I have spent many happy holidays in the Zermatt area, including Klein Matterhorn, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze (Monte Rosa) amongst others. It comes to my mind a beautiful tour along the whole Gornergletscher, from the Dufour to the Zermatt village. The Matterhorn hütte is a nice place for a family weekend; it is of a relatively easy access. The summit, perhaps because looks affordable, could be a trap. This is a very serious mountain. I must look for my chromes, all taken with Nikons (F3, FM2n, 28Ti).
    Matthew, I`m so bad shooting candids... the 70-200 lenght helps a bit. I`d like to have the knowledge of some wonderful street shooters I see in the Leica forum...

Thank you Monika, Michael, Rick, Homer, Greg and Lil for your comments and specially to Richard and Jeannean for your kind words.

Well, I`ll try to be harsh choosing the ten pics I spent more time looking... Matt`s woman portrait is one of them. I use to love his "elaborated" style (last`s week one was great too). Mark`s minimalism, Brandon`s "busy" pic (my eyes jump from the beautiful woman to the card and viceversa), I also find Filip`s portrait very interesting, Tiffany`s pro-level "family" style is another of my favourites, I find the child`s expression sooo funny, Joshua`s stricking pic, Andrew`s B17 repairman, Michael dogs (this remaind me some of my own`s family portraits!), Bill`s locomotive and of course Jeannean`s image (that seems to me a great idea, very usable for different needs!).

My best wishes for all of you in this days... see you next wednesday!

150. The images this week are just fabulous, and very stimulating, even more than usual.
    These are the images that particularly caught my attention this week:
    @Jose, that's a very funny picture of a picture in the making.
    @Enrique, your night shot of San Diego is very nicely done
    @Alejandro, the colors in the glass siphon bottles
    @Jeannean, red hibiscus in droplets... very nice.
    @Jana, the cafe image is so classic and inviting; do enjoy your 85 f/1.8
    @Kent, your very subtle shot of flowers in the woods
    @Lawrence, your shiny dragon in Macau
    @Jennifer, your twisty twig
    @James, great night shot of Cleveland
    @Tiffany, the little girl in blue coat; sorry to hear about your unfortunate kayak experience in Hawaii
    @Bill Nelson, the photomatix treatment of the old rail stock; this program certainly makes some unusual and interesting effects, I'm trying to learn to control it. Your's is nicely done.
    @Mircea C, a gorgeous cat
    @Keith, the pastel colors of the kids running in the woods
    @Chris, congrats on your marriage!

151. Thank you Shane, Lil, and Richard.

152. Lots of fantastic photos this week as well, and hard to find the few that really stick out from this high-quaity crowd. Well maybe not so hard, as Jeannean's photo really blew my hat off. If this was a competition, I would not have submitted any of mine! Wonderful and Creative photo. Thank you, Jeannean, for sharing!
    Other photos that made may heart pound a little bit more than the rest were those from Jose, Monika Epsefass, Michael Axel, Tim Holte and Jennifer Meighan.
    Thank you all, tomorrow is another Wednesday!

153. Homer and Lil,
    thank you for your kind words. I am always happy someone appreciates them.
    Lil, yes it is true that Norway is outside of the European Union. There have been two referendums earlier, in which the result has been a "No" with very small margin. That is, we are associated to the European Union due to our membership in EFTA, and therefore have adapted many of the laws and regulation as the EU countries.

154. Thanks Richard K. and Per.
    BTW, it sounds really odd that some absolutely european countries like Norway doesn`t belong to the European (economic) Union... but they belong to the European Economic Area. They enjoy the common market, then basically is almost the same. Switzerland goes ever further, as they doesn`t even belong to the European Economic Area (although has been one of the formers!).

155. Jose, I find many things in the political life in Norway strange, but in order not to start a flame war with my fellow Norwegians here at PN, and since this is a photo forum, I think I'll just say "No Comment" ;)

156. (ssshh, ok Per. The same for me. I have swiss relatives... ;)

157. Thanks to Jana Hughes , Tiffany Brook , Dan South , Monika Epsefass and Richard Karash for your kind words.

Another great Thread!!
    Beside the fantastic photo of Jeannean Buglady' s Dew Drops, other pictures that stand out to me are:
    The Land/Lake/City..Scapes of Jon Eckman, Kris Heylen, James Kazan and Gary McGhee .
    Tim Holte's Rain walking,
    The mood in Kent Shafer's forest pic and Jana Hughes's Caffe Sorella.
    Matthew Brennan's Lord Howe Island and Lance Noell's Oregon Coast.
    Dan Park and Tiffany Brook Kids Portraits.
    Joshua Boelter's Face in the Mud and Jennifer Meighan's Twist.
    See you tomorrow

158. So here we are! down to the last two WeDNeSDaYS of the year!
    Thank you so much for comments on my shot!
    I just found the time to mention some of those images that caught my attention at most:
    Enrique Rabelo - Anish Mankuthel - Per-Christian Nilssen - Lil Judd - Jeannean Buglady - Aguinaldo de Paula - Paul B - Kris Heylen - Moody Daughter :) - Tim Holte - Andrew Fedon - Wayne Wrights - Paul Duncan - Doug Santo - James Kazan - Sanford Gerald - Wayne Cornell - Don Harper - Gary McGhee - Ertugrul Kilic and Dan South.
    Let's meet again just before Xmas! Cheers!