Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #44

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jose_angel, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Important notice:
    please keep your pics under 700 pixels width for inline posting and even more important, please keep the FILE SIZES UNDER 300Kb. Notice that this includes photos hosted off-site (Flickr, Photobucket, others). As a reference, notice that my pic is near 100Kb.

The general guidelines for this WedNEsDAy PiC threads, are here.​
    Hello! My pic for today was taken weeks ago in a somewhat odd local "esoteric" fair, temporarily located on a railway station (!). There was a stand selling this "beauties"; after shooting them with my camera, the seller appeared and told me that they are made with the finest porcelain and loaded with some kind of "negative energy repellent". Like a famous bullfighter said once, "... hay gente pa tò... " ("... there must be people for everything!").
    Taken with a D700 @1600 ISO, 14bit RAW, 24-85AFS. I will post later the settings (I forgot to write the settings on the post-it!) :p
    Please post if you like your favourite Nikon pic as usual... Thank you all.
    00UrW2-184397584.jpg

2. Shore Road Artist
    A lot of folks who don’t live in NY are always surprised when I come up with a lot of water front photos taken in the Bronx. Large portions of the Bronx boarder on the Long Island Sound and other sections on the East and Harlem Rivers. Pelham bay Park in the Northeast Bronx sits right on the sound. Orchard Beach, Rodman’s Neck, City Island and Pelham Bay are all part of the park.
    Sunday past was a gorgeous day. I took a ride up Shore Road and stopped at the Orchard Beach Lagoon. Found this guy working on a painting. This worked out better than just another landscape shot. This was had a little bit of difficulty as the scene was very bright and he was standing in a strong shadow..
    Nikon D300 AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED at 20mm
    Program AE, 1/160 sec, f/13, ISO 400, Processed in NX2
    [​IMG]

3. HAHAHA! Jose, thats horrible! :)
    Well due to a mild spell this last week the snow and frost have now gone, so no winter theme from me this time. Instead I thought I’d do something I haven’t done in a while and make a subtle HDR image. This shot is taken with the 70-300 VR @ 78mm, f5.6, ISO 200 and shutter speeds between 1/15 and ½s. I used Mup on a sturdy tripod. Processed and merged in CS4.
    00UrW5-184397684.jpg

4. Good morning!
    A couple of weekends ago we went on a trekking in a neaby mountain. It started early in the morning, and this was one of the first pictures I took.
    D700 and Series E 28mm f/2.8 @ f/11 (I think).
    Best Regards!
    Pedro.
    [​IMG]

5. Last weekend, I photographed my friends in a motorcycle race:
    [​IMG]
    D3, 300mm f/2.8 VR @ f/9. 1/125 sec, ISO 250

6. hbs

hbs

Good Morning!

This weeks shot is one of my dogs, Spirit, a 6 year old tri-color Welch Corgi. I managed to catch him watching me holding my 300 f/4 on a monopod. Our other Corgi, Linux, is more camera shy and not as photogenic, even with a long lens.

Harvey
    00UrWC-184399584.jpg

7. I took the following one in a traditional restaurant in the Spanish city of Valladolid (circa 350,000 ha). The restaurant is built underground, so it’s fresh in summer and only requires a bit of energy in the cold winters of central Spain. By the way, this restaurant cooks one of the best based lamb dishes in the country.

00UrWF-184399684.jpg

8. This photo was actually taken weeks ago. It is a shot from the council houses in Gibraltar that are in front of the teleferique for the Rock.
    [​IMG]
    D700, AFS 24-70@50mm, f/3.5, 1/500s, ISO200

9. Hello everybody
    This was taken last week while visiting Iguazu Falls Argentine National Park.
    Iguazu River was carrying more than seven times the normal amount of water at that time. That made more interesting the visit, but was bad for making photos. Too much spray and fog.
    D300+ Tamron 10-24@10mm ISO 200 - 1/125 - f11
    00UrWI-184399784.jpg

10. Wednesday yet again. :) The fun day of the week if you ask me. :)
    Went out with friends Sunday & we're all wondering where the birds have gone off to. Very little action.
    I did however spot this Snowy Egret (sorry for repeating my subject) which was exhibiting a rather unusual behavior. It was fishing by blowing bubbles into the water. Now, my photo can not fully describe how this bird went at this for almost 10 minutes. I had no idea about this fishing method, but was told by another photographer. I hope you will enjoy. Photo chosen due to the intent in the bird's eye & the beautiful circular ripples in the water (to me).
    D300, Sigmonster 300-800mm, ISO 400, Manual exposure, 1/1000s & EXIFs embedded .
    [​IMG]

11. Hi all,
    This was taken some weeks ago while visiting Gozo (Malta's sister island).
    Hope you enjoy
    00UrWN-184401684.jpg

12. Good morning, and Happy Wednesday! José, are you in thriller mood? :)))
    Thanks to all those who so gently commented my picture last week, I appreciate that feedback!
    Autumn is definitely closing in - the time for walks through colourful forests is there. This was last weekend, at the Gillenfeld Maar (a "Maar" is the typification of a volcano crater lake, of which we have plenty in this region). A week from now, the trees will be really orange there.
    [​IMG]

D700, 70-200 2.8, f11, and 6 shots assembled.

13. Yikes Jose! I tried not to post a bug this week, but the Texas Butterfly Festival was held this past weekend, so I ended up with tons of butterfly pics. This Pipevine Swallowtail was one of my favorite butterflies, so decided to post this even though it's a bit battered (others can be seen in my gallery titled Texas Butterfly Festival):
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D90/Sigma 150mm 2.8

14. Hello Everyone..
    And we have yet another wonderful Wednesday in the making…
    I spent a good part of Sunday around Hampstead Heath, which is in North London, walking along the woodlands, meadows, fragments of heathland and the few ponds which make up this ancient parkland. Autumn is very much here and I thought I’d capture the fall foliage within the city for a change rather than venture out.
    Looking forward to what everyone else is upto :)
    00UrWT-184403684.jpg

15. In honor of Halloween I decided to try and create a place I'd be afraid to go trick-or-treating. Hence, this week marks my first attempt at converting an HDR image to B&W. Definitely over the top and hopefully just a little bit scary:)

D700, 24-70 at 24mm, f/8, 2 exposure HDR processed in Photomatix and converted to B&W in Silver Efex Pro.
    00UrWX-184405584.jpg

16. Hello Everybody,
    my photo is from a Sunday trip to the Rosewood Railway Museum near Brisbane in Australia, the museum is very atmospheric, as plenty of the old carriages (one of them a dentist's carriage, in which he/she travelled across the country to provide dental services) are in a rather dilapidated state and I love that, the place has plenty of character, completed with three massive steam engines left to rust in a nearby field. I found this sign full of spider webs and rust very beautiful.
    Look forward to the rest of the global photo experience.
    Joseph, thank you for your very nice comment last week.
    Jana
    Nikon D700 70-200mm, f/2.8, ISO 200, f/3.2, 1/500s
    00UrWY-184405684.jpg

17. Wow, we're already off to a great start...
    Sunset with a lot of rain under way....
    [​IMG]
    No PP done at all.
    D300, AF-S 300f/4 w/ TC14, 1/2000th, f/5.6, ISO200.

18. D700 + AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8 @ 17mm, ISO200, 14bit, f/8, 1/125s
    00UrWd-184407584.jpg

19. Glad its Wednesday again!
    I have been enjoying using my (new to me) 24mm f/2 Nikkor, and have been doing some wide-open shots. This is one of them and is in St Albans cathedral - a very ancient place. I used my FM3a and Fuji Superia 200.
    00UrWm-184409584.jpg

20. @Jose: HaHa!
    That is supposed to mean "Happy Halloween " (so the spanish translation of "HaHa " to "JeJe " would be somewhat misleading, it should correctly be "FeHa " in fact)...anyway, my pic continues the haunted side of photography, and was taken a month ago or so. Normally I enjoy taking walks across graveyards, it makes me think about that eventually all our metabolic processes converge to thermodynamic equilibrium, and you have to make each day a special one. BTW, at the same day I made a trip to a small village whose name is "Hell", no joke!!
    MS Keil
    @Jose: Qué calor está haciendo en España, ¿no?
    00UrWs-184411584.jpg

21. WedNEsDAy PiC is off to a great running start today already and it is only 4:am CST. We had been down in Nashville, TN and it was an overcast day. I looked at this sign where we ate and it reminded me of another sign from a movie so I just had to take the photo.
    Of course, I did some work to it in Photoshop to give it the old timey look.
    To those that made comments last week ... "Thank You", I am looking forward to checking the thread several times today as it progresses.
    phil b
    benton, ky
    00UrWv-184413584.JPG

22. Good Morning everybody.
    Took this today just before sunrise. Denmark
    00UrWw-184413684.jpg

23. Took this one last weekend.

It costed me a lot to get this image (and several others I might say), phisically speaking.

I had to climb a mountain in a very steep and hard trek, carrying sleeping bag, tripod (non carbon fiber), supplies and a D700 with two lenses. Three bags at all.

I've always praised Nikon engineers for the excellence of the equipment they design, but this time I cursed them many times because of the weight (laughs).

I tried several ISO, but despite the use of the tripod, MUP and release cable, I had to use this high ISO in order to monimize blur caused by the strong winds.

Couldn´t sleep, got many cramps and two bad knees due to the descent, plus some ticks, but I´m kind of proud to be able to achieve this in my 47.
    00UrX7-184415584.jpg

24. P.S: Taken at 3:00 am. The yellow lights come from 3 cities 20 miles away.

25. New York City: Nikon D90 and 16-85mm Nikon Lens

26. would be better with a photograph!
    00UrXM-184417584.jpg

27. Runners in the Central Park....
    I am painfully aware that the reproduction of the color of the fall is very difficult. Hope this converys good enough to your eyes.
    00UrXR-184419584.jpg

28. Good Wednesday everyone! I woke up very happy today :) This was taken last Wednesday during a short trip to the city of Nürnberg in southern Germany. I shot aperture priority so I was very surprised to realize that the shutter speed was 1/160 and that I could follow the bird at exactly the same speed and hold still enough to freeze it like I did. I only cropped it a little and slightly adjusted the contrast. I only shoot JPEG at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    D80 18-135mm kit lens @135mm 1/160 f/5.6 ISO400 Aperture Priority

29. Good Morning WedNEsDAy :)
    Thank You Joseph for your kind comments on last week's picture.
    This week's picture is from couple of weeks back, when I visited State Park in NH for fall colors. Actually I was thinking of posting my daughter's swimming lesson picture but after seeing few fall pictures changed my mind. It's manipulated picture, my daughter was holding this leaf against the sun-light and I took the picture in Aperture Priority using Center Weighted metering method. You all can see tiny-bit of her finger on left.
    I hope you all will like it.
    Model: NIKON D40
    ISO: 800
    Exposure: 1/320 sec
    Aperture: 11.0
    Focal Length: 200mm
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Ray Gosalia

30. Wow.....wow! Amazing start to this wonderful Wednesday!
    This was taken again in my backyard. While waiting for birds, this squirrel showed up and "posed" so nicely that I couldn't resist. It was taken with my D300, 80-400 mm nikkor VR zoom at f6.3, 1/100 sec, iso 400, 400 mm, with a tripod.
    Have a wonderful Halloween week everyone!
    00UrXx-184425584.jpg

31. bms

bms

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday once more.
    Kudos, Aguinado, great shot... I schlepped the tripop just about 50 yards :) I love starry nights, but I am still learning how to photograph them.
    Ben
    00UrY2-184427584.jpg

32. the fall folliage is beautiful and many thanks to all the posts showing the leaves with their magnificent color.
    Taken with a D90 18-70 lens at 1/80 f/11 iso 200 zooming during the exposure for effect. no editing has been done except resizing for posting. i hope you enjoy
    00UrY5-184427784.jpg

33. D300, 18-200 mm zoom
    00UrY6-184427684.jpg

34. Shipborne entertainer off the coast of Negril, Jamaica
    D80 Tamron 28-75 F/2.8D
    Focus Mode AF-S Area Mode Single
    28mm F/3.5 1/250 ISO100 0EV
    Available light
    00UrY9-184429584.jpg

35. I caught this guy hanging out on a piece of Spanish moss on my fence. Thought he was perfect for this Holloween week. Thanks Jeannean for posting an insect. Beatiful shot and thats what we look for each Wednesday. Harvey I love your dog pic. Jonas the color of your boat in your lanscape really makes the shot. Looking forward to all the rest. D3 Sigma 28-90 90mm manual focus f/13 1/60s iso 250 diffused off camera flash.
    00UrYC-184431584.jpg

36. [​IMG]
    Nikkor 18-35f3.5-4.5 at f8

37. Cape Hatteras doing its thing.
    00UrYW-184435684.jpg

38. My contribution this week is a small tribute to a great friend of mine - David. We share a common interest in photography and last weekend ventured forth in the spring time sunshine on a tandem macro shoot. A great way to spend time with a true friend.
    00UrYa-184437584.jpg

39. We encountered this last Monday at a highway rest stop somewhere in Wisconsin.
    D300, 24-70 @ 27mm, ISO 400, 1/125 @ f/5.6. Pseudo-HDR from a single exposure.
    00UrYd-184437684.jpg

40. Happy Wednesday everyone.
    On our way home from our vacation in VA, we spent two days in Bedford PA taking a tour of the covered bridges around Bedford County. There are still 14 covered bridges in the county which are over 100 years old and mostly built by hand by craftsmen who built them to last through the harsh winters in PA. The one I picked is actually the first one seen at the entrance to the Old Bedford Village. The others involved winding unpaved roads which were a lot harder to get to.
    00UrYh-184439584.jpg

41. Good evening, afternoon or morning! Make your pick!
    Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my shot, for participating and for sharing your work.
    This is an over look view of a residence area in Prague. taken from a very high and windy bridge.
    I like the contrast of all the houses against the greenery of a park divided by the train tracks.
    I hope it's good enough for the thread!
    Thank you!
    00UrYp-184443584.jpg

42. Hi everyone, greetings from Florida.
    Incredible pictures already, mine is from Homes beach, it was a beautiful day, and the crowds are pretty much gone, you could walk for miles and see very few people, it was very peaceful.
    00UrYy-184445684.jpg

43. Hi all,
    Good morning, good evening, good night to all of you.
    We're here again :)
    My contribution is from Istanbul.
    Nikon D300 and 16-85 mm VR @ 16 mm, ISO 400, 1/500, f/11
    00UrZ0-184447584.JPG

44. First and foremost, Jose congratulations on your HERO designation!!! For everything that you do to keep this thread going week after week, it is well deserved!! Somehow the time got away from me last week and I wasn't able to get back and comment. I hope to make up for it this week. Shot this weeks pic last Wednesday, while wandering around again in my local aboretum. Ya gotta love the cooler weather as it slows the bugs down a little.
    00UrZ1-184449584.jpg

45. Sorry, forgot my Nikon gear. Nikon D300 with Tamron f/2.8 lens at f 16 1/80 50mm.

46. Jeez......I am way behind already. Took a recent trip up to NC and had a great time. This is a pick from a rainy day on one of the back porches. What a view. Taken with D90 and new Siggy 20mm f/1.8 at 1/200 f/4.5. This lens has excellent colors and I found it excellent to use up there.
    00UrZ5-184451584.jpg

47. Nikon D300 with Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 lens at f 2.5 1/60
    00UrZ7-184453584.jpg

48. Fabulous shots on Wed...as always. Mine was taken with my D80 and 50mm 1:4 lens
    00UrZA-184453684.jpg

49. Some nice pictures so far I will try and log back on later tonight and comment on my favorites if time allows My contribution this week is a face that is on the side of a local building. I don’t know what these are called …façade face? I heard that they no longer put these on the sides of buildings because they have a nasty habit of falling off onto the people below. It was about 80 feet up the building and I was about 60 feet away from the building Using my high school geometry I figure that I was about 100 feet from the face The face is probably about 5 feet high (?) I still had to blow the picture up a bit and crop it but I was amazed by the detail I had a couple of pictures to pick from this week Usually I have a hard time finding enough time to take any. Thanks for the comments from my previous post a couple of weeks back I tried to comment on my favorites from that week but my comments didn’t go through as planned. Taken at 10 PM D40 18-200 @ 200mm f11 3seconds exposure time
    00UrZJ-184457684.jpg

50. Nikon D300 18-200VR ISO 1600 1/50 f 4.5 took the dog to tennessee in vacation and it rained the entire time the deck was the driest outdoor spot
    00UrZK-184457584.jpg

51. Autumnal harmony in a portrait of Emma.
    00UrZN-184457884.jpg

52. Happy Wednesday everyone !!
    Congratulations to everyone for such great pictures posted today. This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago while this man was playing his guitar.
    00UrZP-184457784.JPG

53. This is Babe, the family cat. She's about 9 years old, but looks like a kitten here. Lately, she's taken a liking to sleeping on my bed when I'm not around.
    00UrZS-184458084.jpg

54. Shot this at a nearby park last weekend.
    00UrZg-184461584.JPG

55. Holy Wednesday to everyone,
    First of all I greatly appreciated for your splendid words to my post at Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #44. I would like to send my thanks to Uzay Kisi, Aaron Bonnici, Benjamin Schaefer, Dan South, Rene' Villela, Richard Karash, Joseph Leotta, Jeannean Buglady, Jose Angel, Janne Kaakinen for their honorable words. I appreciated.
    Dear Jose, congratulations for your well deserved new Hero status on Photo.Net. Your effort creating and managing this splendid thread is really great.
    My photo selected from one of my favorite scene : Mud & Clouds. Sinked boats during low-tide on muddy river bed. Taken a week ago and processed in Capture NX 2 only. Hope you like it.
    Many cheers you to all,
    Ertugrul
    00UrZv-184463784.jpg

56. Wow, so many great pictures already. I am jealous seeing all the blue skies - it has been ugly gray and rainy here for what seems like weeks. This weeks picture is my favorite model at her second birthday party showing how much she likes her cake while her mom holds her. D80, 28-105, sb800
    00Ura0-184465784.jpg

57. Even though it is a dreary rainy morning here in CT, this thread helps brighten the day! This shot was taken yesterday in Fairfield.
    00Ura5-184467684.jpg

58. Nikon F2, PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8 D, Fuji Reala
    00Ura9-184469584.jpg

59. Yesterday I decided to process all the pics that I made this year and post some of the nice ones :) This is a shot I took in Barcelona this spring with D700 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4. I slightly increased the saturation, but that's it -- trees were so beautiful (or was it the aftereffect of sangria?)

60. A new lens ... 85mm pc-e. It was a snapshot "portrait" of one of my wife's favourite collections (so as to ease in revealing the price of my new toy 8>). Lens tilted for the shot. Then D700 never stops amusing me with its high ISO performance.
    D700 + 85mm pce; Shot handheld at 1/30s, ISO3200, f3.3.
    [​IMG]

61. Hello everybody..., outstanding pictures above... Mine was taken last saturday during a wedding assignement. Nikon D3 + 24-70/2,8G at 34 mm, ISO 400, 1/250, F11 + SB900 :
    00UraV-184473784.jpg

62. In mid-October the monarchs migrate south to their winter home in Mexico. This image was taken at the Dallas Arboretum using a Nikon D80 and a 70-300mm zoom lens. There were hundred of butterflies on the day I was there.
    00Urad-184477584.jpg

63. This was taken last month on the SC coast. I awakened at 6 a.m. and looked out to see the crescent moon and a planet (Venus?) above the horizon with the sun rising. I raced around to get my gear and run to the beach and realized after shooting a number of frames that ISO was set to 1000 on my D300 - so there's some noise in the photo.
    00Uraf-184477684.jpg

64. First day with the new D700 back in February. Went to the Dayton Art Institute in Dayton, Ohio and did some low light tests. I usually photograph living subjects, but I've always liked this image. Great thread, great pics so far! Thanks!

65. First day with the new D700 back in February. Went to the Dayton Art Institute in Dayton, Ohio and did some low light tests. I usually photograph living subjects, but I've always liked this image. Taken with D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G. Great thread, great pics so far! Thanks!
    00Uraj-184479684.jpg

66. Nice shots so far. My image was taken last Friday evening in Cades Cove, Tn. I was hunting wildlife to take pictures of, but a little rain shower came in, and as result of the rain, came this incredible rainbow. No camera tricks... Nikon D200 with 70-200mm f2.8 lens @ 70mm, f8, ISO 400 1/1000 second.
    00Urak-184479784.jpg

67. Hmmm... I have no idea how to edit my post. Anyways, here is a lost image I took with D700 and 50mm f1.4 Sigma this spring :)
    00Urao-184479984.jpg

68. [​IMG]
    The Marina in Redondo Beach, CA. D700 AF 85mm F1.4

69. Taken during a morning shoot at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. D80, Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro (i'm sort of liking this old lens!).
    00Urb3-184483584.jpg

70. pge

pge

This little girl travelled with her father from her house in London England to my house in Toronto Canada, was up 4 1/2 hours after her bedtime and remained in a very pleasant mood, amazing, if it were me I would definitely be grumpy.
    00UrbA-184485584.jpg

71. Stairway, City Hall, Pasadena, CA. D700, 14-24/2.8, 19mm, f/14, ISO 200, matrix metered, manual mode, 5 shot bracket between 1/3s to 8s, processed with Photomatix.
    00UrbF-184485684.jpg

72. Out in the Boston Public Garden on an overcast day last Sunday. Had been raining off and on, so the grass and trees are wet. Came upon this very interesting guy belting out music.
    Keeping to the Halloween theme, this is a "back from the dead" image. Some witches must have cast a spell on me; the camera was set on auto exposure with -3 stops compensation. The camera JPEG is very dark, useless. But, the greater bit depth of camera RAW, plus a dose of NoiseNinja gives a useable image.
    Happy Wednesday, and happy Halloween to everyone!
    00UrbK-184487584.jpg

73. Shot in a light tent with a Nikon D700 and 50mm f/2.8 AIS Micro Nikkor. A single strobe was placed directly above the light tent. Exposure was 1/250 @f/11
    00UrbO-184489684.jpg

74. Taken last Wednesday at Red River Gorge in Kentucky. This is Sky Bridge arch. A beautiful place to see, especially in Autumn.
    00UrbN-184489584.jpg

75. Justin: Nice photo of the moto racer, great angle.
    Aguinaldo: Beautiful Milkyway photo and the light pollution does not detract from it.
    I finally scanned some film shot several weeks ago. This was taken on a backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park.
    00UrbU-184491584.jpg

76. My trumpet busker was shot with 35mm f/2 lens at f/3.5 and 1/125, available light.
    My appreciation to those who commented on boating portraits the last two weeks.

77. Great Wednesday so far!
    Got so wrapped up in the sexy curves of the DIA roof, I almost missed the red balloon.
    D700 w/ 20mm f/2.8 at f/8 1/125 ISO 1600 PP in LR-2.5
    00Urbb-184495584.jpg

78. One of my favorite places - Point Loma in San Diego.
    Taken with D90 18-200mm f10 @ 1/400
    00Urbc-184493684.jpg

79. Bret, great picture. BTW, it's Jupiter. Venus is never far from the Sun, both in space and observed from Earth. That is, you'll never see Venus, at, let's say, midnight.

80. Good Wednesday to all! Thanks to those who commented on last weeks photo, the thread was still open so i commented there. Back to cars for me, took this Sunday at a show in St. James with my son in tow. Didn't get to shoot as much as i would have liked, but here is my pick. Yes that is me in the reflection under the 2.

81. Sorry, a little slow this morning, here is the image.
    00UrcG-184503684.jpg

82. Happy Wednesday. So many nice postings
    Here’s my contribution of the week.
    00UrcJ-184505684.jpg

83. Wednesday again, spooky start on this week Jose! :)
    This week was really slow on my photography front, but way too busy otherwise. Well, I think I bought a F5 from an online auction, but have not heard from the auction house yet, so let's see how it goes...
    Anyway, last night while coming from work I decided to try something completely different for me for this week's WedNEsDAy PiC, a bit more abstract than my usual pics, so I picked up my D50 and tried how long exposures from a fast moving train at night works. And this is what I captured:
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D50 + Nikon 35mm f/1.8 (@ f/11, 20 sec, ISO 200)
    As usual, you can also leave critique for this pic to my WedNEsDAy PiC-folder .
    Thanks!

84. Aguinaldo,

Great photo! It sounds like it was a pretty challenging hike, but looks as if it was well worth it. Thanks for sharing.

85. Nikon D300, 18-200 Nikkor.
    [​IMG]
    Retired in Sumpter, Oregon.

86. Tubac, Arizona was established in 1752 as a Spanish presidio. The original fort is still there, now a museum, but the military garrison is long gone. The community is now known for the crafts and arts produced and for sale. Working artists are happy to chat about their work and how the town has changed over the years. These birds were enjoying the afternoon sun, and taking turns getting a drink from some of the art fountains at the base of the building.
    00Urcx-184507584.jpg

87. Hi!All,
    It's Wednesday and here is my pic for the week.
    00UrdD-184509784.jpg

88. D700, 24-70/2.8 @ 70mm, f/2.8, 1/80 sec, ISO 800. Natural window light only.
    00UrdM-184509884.jpg

89. Finally it's Wednesday again!
    Shot with a D80, Sigma 70-300mm DG @135mm, 1/1000 f/8.0 ISO 400

[​IMG]

90. This weeks
    Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #44

is probably one of the best I've seen! The pictures are all fantastic and astounding! I missed last weeks contribution due to a computer problem (replaced Windows Vista) got an Apple. Everything really works and finally I don't get all those annoying little pop up warning telling me that my updates are ready. Those thingies really interrupt my work literally. They are like gremlins constantly nipping at your heels. So as part of the upgrade I removed my Windows ESATA hard drive and "Hot Swapped it into the Mac Tower. The thing mounted onto the desk top without any fiddling---AMAZING! I imported my images into Aperture and vua-la. This weeks picture was originally intended for last week. I was experimenting with water drops using a gelled SB800 as an off camera light source. The camera was a D300.
    00Urda-184511584.jpg

91. Benjamim Schaefer,
    unfortunatelly to get those small dots in the sky we need to carry heavy things. I should have followed Ansel Adam's example and get a mule to help me. :))
    Keith Aldrich,
    I really got some good pictures up there, away from the city lights. They kind of make me forget about my aching knees and the tick bites.
    Thanks for your kind comments.

92. Hi Everybody,
    I just happened upon this scene while at Alamo Square in San Francisco. I went there to shoot some San Francisco Victorians with modern downtown buildings in the background, and when I turned around, saw the sun going down behind the hill.
    Zoltan
    00Urdl-184511684.jpg

93. Tony Kanaan Indy Car.
    @ Miami Speedway minutes before last race of season.
    [​IMG]

Nikon D300s + Tokina 10-20mm f/4 (@500s, f/8, ISO 100)

94. Fultz Road in Gallia County, Ohio. This road leads to the trail head of the Morgan Sisters Trail in the Wayne National Forest were BSA Troop 136 from Grove City, Ohio took a backpacking trip this past weekend.
    00UreJ-184517584.jpg

95. D700, 85 f1/8 @ ISO400, 1/160sec & f4.5
    00UreS-184517884.jpg

96. Harvest & Thanksgiving season begins with my neighbor hanging this little doll on her door....
    D200, 24-85, f8, 1 sec.
    00UreX-184519584.jpg

97. Not a beautiful picture, but I have been watching this Giant Swallowtail on my lime plant for a few weeks. The birds got his brother early on, and this one has been considerate enough (and clever enough) not to strip any single branch, but to move around and eat a leaf here and a leaf there to avoid giving away his position. I get a few of these every year on my lime, sometimes we raise them in jars, this one I'm letting complete his cycle au natural . In this sequence, he (or she) is displaying one of the defense mechanisms, protruding these horns so it resembles a snake. (there is also a strong odor of citrus when it does this). Earlier in the lifecycle, these guys just look like big bird droppings due to their coloration.
    00Uref-184519784.jpg

98. Oxbow Bend from my "recent work" gallery..
    [​IMG]
    Camera Model: NIKON D700
    Exposure Time: 0.5 seconds
    FNumber: 22.0
    ISO Speed Ratings: ISO 100
    Exposure Program: Manual
    ExposureBiasValue: +1/3
    MeteringMode: multi-segment
    Flash: Flash did not fire
    FocalLength: 40.0 mm
    Lens - 28-70 f/2.8

99. [​IMG]
    D40 @ ISO 200, 1/250th, manual control, sunny WB
    55-200 VR @ 135mm, f/5

100. Found some unusually colourful rust at the water's edge, Halifax Harbour (Nova Scotia, Canada).
    D70s ISO200 Manual mode auto WB 1/60 f9 Tamron 90mm
    00Urf6-184521584.JPG

101. Well, it was another week where the camera time involved a litter of puppies. Believe it or not, I do shoot other things. Still, here's a six week old pup checking me out while I was setting up the lighting. I wasn't done yet and had the backdrop light way too hot, but he was a willing test victim and thought I'd keep this one (the photo, not the puppy!).
    00Urf8-184523584.jpg

102. D300s @ !SO 1600 with 105mm AIS Micro Nikkor @ f16
    00Urfe-184527584.jpg

103. Hello everybody, lots of beautiful fall colors today - here's mine from a new D700.
    00Urfi-184527684.jpg

104. I give up. The quality of some of these photos is just too darn good. The bar is set high. I feel like a beginner when I look at some of these. There is an amazing amount of talent out there.
    Its unbelievable how good Wednesday is getting

105. First and foremost, thanks to all who commented on my image last week - very much appreciated. Am kind of late to the party today, but the thread wasn't open when I went to bed a bit after midnight.
    Here are those that caught my eye today:
    Hamish - nicely done HDR
    Justin - excellent race shot
    Alejandro - what a location; that sure is a lot of water
    Lil - never seen that - was it successful. I did see a snowy mimicking the behavior of a reddish once.
    Aaron - very moody portrait
    Monika - Gillenfelder Maar - I grew up about 20km from it. Would have expected much more yellow already this time of year.
    Eli - LOL, works for me
    Eddy - beautiful portrait
    Maurice - captured the essence of the guitar man beautifully
    William - perfectly caught squirrel
    Matt - OMG, what a cute puppy. Sure looks like it was rather skeptical of you and your doings. FOr sure my favorite for this week.
    This might be one of the most photographed junk cars - situated in the ghost town of Bodie in California. D200 with Tokina 11-16/2.8. HDR processed in photomatix. Sky of the 0EV image added in PS.
    00UrgN-184531584.jpg

106. Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses: Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    The photo was taken inside bed room with table light on, without flash. Focal length:18 mm
    F/3.5, Exposure time: 1/30 sec
    00UrgT-184531784.jpg

107. I'm on a business trip, so I just drop in to say "Hi!". There will not be any photos from me this week, but next week.....!
    Lots of good pictures here already!
    (No, my Nikon is not with me on the trip, just a P&S from "the dark side" :) )

108. D40 Tamron 17-50 f/5.6 1/500 ISO 200
    00Urgt-184535584.JPG

109. Some very interesting work this week! Happy Halloween.
    -Shane
    00Urgw-184537584.jpg

110. (No, my Nikon is not with me on the trip, just a P&S from "the dark side" :) )​
    Hmmh, I always though Nikon IS the dark side...

111. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Finally one with open eyes during day time
    00Urhc-184539584.jpg

112. Okay...every single one of these images is noteworthy. I wish that I had just a wee bit more time to comment on everyones. I had to narrow it down ...
    Jose....I love this. I think it's my fave of yours so far on this thread. But Halloween is a soul thing for me. I love the softness combined with the...uh...not so softness (>8
    Justin....Niiice! pow...crisp, clear. Terrific angle. Terrific everything
    Francesco...clever frame..great story.
    Alejandro...I don't know...it still really works for me. You have successfully conveyed the day. I hope the equipment is okay.
    Lil...I love the light. I can almost feel the sun on my back. Great peaceful moment.
    Aaron...great portrait...revealing and well done
    Jonas...just gorgeous!
    MS....perfect treatment...I just LOVE it!
    Aguinaldo...It paid off. You have an amazing piece to document your perserverance.
    Kent...haha! I love the captures of life's daily humble humor.
    Eddy....lovely ...I really have a thing for that autumn backlight...one of my weaknesses. really pretty stuff.
    Adam...very interesting....the subject and comp. Unusual and working really well....hmm
    Marcos...fabulous moment...angle, colors...BRAVO!
    Jim...love where the winding path takes my eye. lovely capture
    Rick...great shot...Ruby looks super in green
    Rodger...wow! very cool presentation
    Matt...one heckuva fine portrait. I love everything about this dog. Seriously posing for you.
    I have shot a lot lately, but this one is near and dear to me. The Decemberists are one of my absolute faves. Last time we saw them, I didn't have a camera with me. This time, I had the camera, but not the right lens...oh well...I got a few with my sluggish 4.5. This is from The Kennedy School (one of the most amazing venues I have been to) in Portland Oregon, where The Decemberists played a Halloween show for kids (and their grownups). This is Colin Meloy.
    00Urhs-184543684.jpg

113. Last bit of color before it's gone:
    [​IMG]
    D700, 24-70 f/2.8.

114. Here is one I took a few weeks ago at my Hometown Homecoming. I don't remember the meta data, but it was taken with a D70 with the 17-55 2.8 lens. Great pictures today everyone![​IMG]

115. @Eric James, you've just got to tell us more about the windy sunset image!
    So much fabulous photography here already!

116. This week some fast fading fall colors. Great images everyone. I did not have time to look at them very cheerfully but I'll do it tonight.
    00Uriw-184549584.JPG

117. Taken on 10/25/09
    00Uriz-184549684.JPG

118. Jonah Freeman Fisher
    00UrjE-184553684.jpg

119. Ofer - that just has to be the sweetest baby shot ever. :)

120. Bret, great picture. BTW, it's Jupiter. Venus is never far from the Sun, both in space and observed from Earth. That is, you'll never see Venus, at, let's say, midnight.
    Luis, thanks for your kind comment and the astronomy lesson. Cheers to all for another great Wednesday!​

121. It's WedNEsDAy again at last!!!! I agree completely with Joseph Leotta's views but I will not adopt the same action. I post my humble shots here because it's fun, because some people may enjoy my photos, because I can learn stuff from the other photos and the comments and finally because it gives me a sense of belonging - Yes I'm a Nikon user too! On to this weeks submission I decided to change a little and post one of my gig shots since most of my photos are live band shots. This was taken at an album launch by Twenty six other worlds, a local metal band. Nikon D200 + 50mm F1.8 @ F2.8 ISO 800 1/60s (Available light - no flash).
    00UrlZ-184577584.jpg

122. Here's one for the Buglady
    00Urla-184579584.jpg

123. Nikon D700 + Nikon 105 2.8
    00Urll-184581584.jpg

124. Wow. Lots of nice photos!
    Here's our rampaging kitten.
    I've found taking pictures of fast moving black objects doesn't make for the best focused or exposed pictures. This picture is a RAW converted to an sRGB jpeg without any other tweaks.
    00UrmK-184585584.jpg

125. too busy lately so this photo is still taken at Ardenwood farm in California early this month ...
    00Urn1-184589684.JPG

126. Me holding my baby girl's feet at 3wks old.
    ISO 640 f/3.5 1/100 using a 50mm f/1.8 lens on a D300.
    I think I was messing around with Lightroom.
    [​IMG]

127. I learn something new every week. It keeps me motivated. This shot was of an old one room school house
    00UroJ-184599784.jpg

128. wow, great shots, all. truly impressive. late tot he party this week, but at least i get to see what everyone's been up to.
    here's a shot of musician Alex Cuba, who's from Cuba but lives in Canada. d300, tamron 17-50, iso 2000, 1/80 sec, f/2.8. slightly cropped; otherwise, as-is.
    00UroM-184599584.jpg

129. This is another shot taken at Quebec City on September 1, 2009. I guess I fell in love with this place.
    Nikon D70s with 18-70 AFS DX lens - aperture of f4 and speed of 1/60sec.
    00Urp2-184605684.jpg

130. Another wonderful Wednesday thread! Greetings to all!
    This one taken at the Asilomar Beach, CA, at sunset. I processed it with Capture NX and then reduced for the web using LR2. I used WBa setting "Daylight -Cloudy," Landscape setting, and didn't do anything to the colors.
    00UrpW-184611684.jpg

131. good evening
    brilliant pics from everyone,

132. good evening
    brilliant pics from everyone,
    00Urq7-184621684.JPG

133. Greetings all. Slight different spelling on the surname from this week, but you all know who I am. No cute critters this week, but a roaring beast. 2000hp of RR Griffon engine spluttering into life on a Supermarine Seafire, the naval version of the famous Spitfire. The picture cannot convey the beautiful sound made by this magnificent historic aircraft. Taken at Old Warden airfield in England in August. Turning props are always a challenge, because a slow shutter is needed to convey movement/rotation, but too slow and you get camera shake with the rest of the aircraft, too fast and you freeze the prop making it look too static, especially a flying shot, so its a bit hit and miss and a compromise between the two.
    [​IMG]
    D700, f/16, 1/125, sigma 70-300 at 155mm, 400iso

134. Taken at Oak Island, North Carolina on a family shoot in late September. Just was reminded of this picture yesterday when i got the family's 16x20 in from printing.
    Nikon D80w/50mm1.8 lens f/4 , 1/1250 sec, iso 100
    00UrqF-184621784.jpg

135. Hi everybody, great pictures again this week.
    Here is another picture from the marathon a few weeks ago.
    Taken with the D90 and 80-200 @ 200mm F4 1/2000s iso 400
    00UrqW-184625584.jpg

136. pge

pge

Jonas Fiellstedt I am not usually a fan of what might be considered over saturation but I love that shot exactly as you have it.

137. Hi everyone, great shots all round.
    I've just returned from a short break with my children on the beautiful island of Anglesey in North Wales. This shot of my son was taken at the sea zoo.
    00Urqi-184627584.jpg

138. Nice quiet late late afternoon at Newport Beach, CA Nikon D700, 17-35 [​IMG]

139. WedNEsDAy PiC is off to a great running start today already and it is only 4:am CST. We had been down in Nashville, TN and it was an overcast day. I looked at this sign where we ate and it reminded me of another sign from a movie so I just had to take the photo.
    Of course, I did some work to it in Photoshop to give it the old timey look.
    To those that made comments last week ... "Thank You", I am looking forward to checking the thread several times today as it progresses.
    phil b
    benton, ky

140. Great photos again.
    Here is my contribution:
    00UrsR-184639584.jpg

141. Hi another great Wednesday.
    Matt Laur - Love the dogs expression perfect capture
    Everyone great shots
    This week I am posting another HDR I have been practicing with Photomatix trying to get better in HDR.
    hope you enjoy it
    00Urtg-184655684.jpg

142. Beautiful shots everyone!
    It's been a while since my last confes....submission. The fall colors are becoming more muted here by the day, so I was happy to have a chance to hit the road with camera, tripod and daughter last weekend to see what we could find :)
    She's a very patient assistant/companion and played nearby while I fervently shot around this rain-swelled river in Fredericton Junction, New Brunswick, Canada.
    00UruI-184663684.jpg

143. I took this shot at a nature reserve close to me, while I was out looking for color on a gray Seattle day.
    00UruP-184665584.jpg

144. This one is a bit late as I had to wait for the print to dry before I could scan it.
    00UrvK-184671784.jpg

145. I was roasting garlic for mashed potatoes last week and when I sliced the bottom off the garlic it was such a pretty pattern I had to get a few shots!
    00UrvT-184673584.jpg

146. A common scene, but I love it because it reminds me of my hometown on the opposite side of this planet.
    00UrwQ-184681584.jpg

147. I couldn't contribute this week but there are many beautiful shots, my fav of the week belongs to Rick Larkin, maybe it's not a very different photo but excellent IQ for my taste, thank you very much Rick for this beautiful photo.

148. Great pics as usual.
    Has to be a Halloween pic this time of year :)
    Shot at the annual cemetery shoot against the Tulsa skyline.
    00UrxO-184689784.jpg

149. Great pics everybody
    hard to narrow it down but my favorites this week are
    Jonas' scenic shot of Ireland
    Eddy's portrait of Emma
    Louis' mask took me a little while to figure that one out at least until I read the caption
    Jeffery's reflection of Oxbow Bend
    James ....errr whatever it is couldn't find your POW though
    and of course Dieter seems to be a frequent standout like the car and the background too...

150. Wow, what great shots! I hate to post after seeing all these marvelous shots, but here goes anyway.
    I liked the lines on the wood, the rust on the lock, the texture.
    Nikon D300 35 mm f/2.8 Shutter 1/640
    00Urxa-184691584.jpg

151. Hi all! A lot of excellent pics and overall high quality this week. I'm a bit late tonight as it's already Thursday here in Uppsala, Sweden, but I hope it's ok anyway. Shot late at night four days ago with a D700 and 50/1,4 wideopen and ISO 2000 on my way home from a barcrawl. It was a wet night... and it also drizzled from up above.
    00Urxv-184693684.jpg

152. Yea, I agree, some of these pics can humble a photographer quick. Taken with D200 and 28 F2.8 AIS lens at F8 1/30s. Great work folks. Glad we have this venue to exhibit.
    00UryA-184695784.jpg

153. I have been viewing with an occasional post since June, and this weeks pics are some of the best. Every picture makes me happy I bought a Nikon, and that I need to practice more.

154. My first post to the Wednesday Pics:
    Autumn colours at Rocky Point Park, Port Moody, BC, Canada in the evening.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D300, 12-24mm f/4, 1/10 sec, f/16, 24 mm, 200 ISO, handheld

155. [​IMG]
    D80 Paris France

156. Apologies for the bandwidth. I had trouble keeping the size down despite a low quality export and a long edge of only 600 pixels. Maybe the range of colors is increasing the size.
    D700, 24-70 f/2.8 G, ISO 400
    00Us1i-184727684.jpg

157. I'm probably like millions of others who silently admire "Nikon WeDNesDAy PiC". So thanks to all the regular and occasional contributors who make this forum interesting with their diverse subject matter and comments; and finally a contribution from me, shot over the weekend.
    00Us1v-184731584.jpg

158. Well, I got a couple of shots in last weekend before the rain started.
    Lower Moulton Falls, Washington State
    D80 - 24mm 2.8 1/2sec @ f10 w/polarizer.
    00Us27-184733684.jpg

159. Well, I got a couple of shots in last weekend before the rain started.
    Lower Moulton Falls, Washington State
    D80 - 24mm 2.8 1/2sec @ f10 w/polarizer.

160. And the other bit (I got timed out during the edit phase).
    Nikon D300 + Nikon 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.6 G VR at 300 mm f/5.6, 1/2000 sec and ISO 720.
    Most things that I shoot are with the camera handheld in manual mode and without using flash. (Cricket is the one exception where I predominately use a tripod). If I deviate from the norm I will advise accordingly.

161. [​IMG] Taken when I was in St.Kitts (Caribbean) earlier this summer.
    00Us4f-184781584.jpg

162. Hello everybody,
    It's nice to see some lovely pictures today.
    I was birding in the village of Koondukulam, in Tamilnadu, INDIA when I saw this lady farmworker weeding out the paddy fields very early in the morning. The morning dew added a sense of chill while the sunlight struck her in a good angle. Shot this image, handheld from my car, with a 300mm F/4 AFS coupled with a TC-14EII on a D700. Had a -0.33 stop dialled in. Could've shot this scene with a more appropriate focal range though, if I was willing to get off the car. But I was gunning for some Spo-billed Pelican shots before the light got too harsh. In these parts, it happens very fast too.

Francesco – Great composition. Wow!
    Jana – Nice. A slightly wider composition would've been even better. Nice tone too.
    Keil – Good one.
    Richard Armstrong – Cute. I just love these furries.
    Benjamin – Is it my monitor/eyes. Can't see much detail.
    Mark Gordon – A tighter composition would've made this a WOW pic.
    David Love – Touching & poignant. :)
    Louis Meluso – Great. Thumbs up.
    Scott Murphy – Love this composition and fine detailed picture.
    keerthi s – Heh! Heh! Good one.
    James Kazan – Magnificient. Amazingly good abstract.
    Terry Roberts – Superb tone. :)
    Keep it up people.
    Regards
    Issac
    00Us5V-184793584.jpg

163. bmm

bmm

Apologies for the very late entry but I am just back from some work travels. As per my last few submissions, this week's image is again on the theme of the street markets in Hong Kong.
    00Us63-184795584.jpg

164. Harvey, how did your dog get the name Linux? Linux is the best operating system for computers and other electronic devices btw.
    Great photos everyone!

165. In the spirit of October,
    D300 w/ 50mm f 1.8 @ f 1.8 1/1000sec ISO200
    00Us8J-184821684.jpg

166. Jose Angel really, no quiero tener este muñequito en mi casa ;-)
    Luis Argüelles make we want to comer there...
    Francesco Pessolano excepcional!
    Alejandro Held good perspective, makes me dizzy when looking at it
    Darrell Styner won't go in there either
    Jana Hughes & Phil Burt beautiful tones
    MS Keil oh, that's me...
    Jens Frederiksen & Brent Mattox nice and calmful
    Aguinaldo de Paula the photo is really amazing, but be careful with the consequences of the ticks.
    Charles Becker the whole town twinkles like a Christmas tree
    Richard Armstrong & William Pahnelas :) (you know the movie "Rat Race"...?)
    Mark Gordon beautiful portrait
    Kent Shafer has some logic to it, as there is no pet container :)
    Paul V. Gorky , Bill J Boyd , Wayne Wrights , L Roth , Eric James , Dieter Schaefer , Graham Thompson , Mikhail Tsypkin & Jon Eckman great colors
    Eddy Furlong perfect portrait
    James Kazan aesthetic geometry
    Savitri Wilder very nice!
    Hans Schrama very original
    Igor Smirnoff film-like colors!
    Greg Kowalczewski hope that no bird was hurt
    AND: Big thanks go to Tiffany Brook and Issac Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And another "AND": Very good photographs everybody, please forgive me for not mentioning all people!
    Best - MS

167. hbs

hbs

Darko:
    My dog got that name about 10 years ago when I was learning Linux. Like the OS, she is compact and stable, and the name "Windows" just didn't sound right for a nice dog! I'll try to post a photo of her when I get one good enough for this site.
    Harvey

168. Jose- A perfect Halloween picture, complete w/ wodden coffin!
    Hamish- Nice HDR treatment.
    Luis- you captured the warmth of the room. I feel like I'm there, only without the sounds and aromas.
    Lil- Nice shot and a very interesting story about what the bird was doing.
    Aaron- Very compelling shot. Well done.
    Monika-Great job of stitching this panoramic.
    Jeannean- I just love looking at your insect work.
    Jonas- I love all the blues that come together in your shot. Very nice!
    Phil- your PS work paid off. That sign looks like something right out of a horror movie, not somwhere you just ate at w/ your family!!
    Aquinaldo- By far my favorite. Your hard work and trek paid off in a great shot.
    Benjamin- I love the simplicity of this shot. Next to Aquinaldo, my second favorite.
    Ertugrul- Lovely colors. Looks like a postcard!!
    Louis- Eerily beautiful.
    Scott- Well done. You really caught the texture of the flowers.
    Jeffery- Beautiful reflection and nice colors.
    Matt- that is one cute puppy shot. The expression that you captured is priceless.
    James and Eric - Funny that you guys posted one after the other, because I had the same reaction to both of your photos. I'm not a big fan of abstracts, but both are very beautiful shots. The colors and tones are amazing.
    Dieter- It may be a very photographed car, but I've never seen it and I love your shot!
    Steven- Love how you captured the bug giving you "the look".........go away and leave me alone. HA
    Jon- Welcome to WedNEsDAy.
    Igor- I do believe that the women on the right is about to turn you in to stone! :)
    Greg- That is one funny bird shot. Don't think I've ever seen a bird laying down like that unless it was dead.
    Issac- For not getting out of your car, you did a pretty darn good job.
    Until next week.........
    [Signature line deleted per photo.net community guidelines: http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines/]

169. Paul V. Gorky,
    Thank you very much. Your words meant a lot to me.
    MS Keil,
    I think this picture will have me sent to the doctor. Regards!
    Tiffany Brook,
    Indeed this and several others I think. Thank you.
    Matt Laur,
    I love the expression and sharpness of your dog.
    Best regards for you all!!!

170. My preferred ones this week:
    Francesco Pessolano & the perfectly distributed windows
    MS Keil & the place of thermodyamic equilibrium
    Aguinaldo de Paula & the well rendered atomic fussion processes
    Kemal Riza & the Eurasia boat
    Richard Karash & the well tunned trumpet
    Epp B & the autumm fence
    L Roth & the rusted colors
    James Kazan & the delicate geometry
    Isaac Sams & the greens
    My overall favourite is "the rusted colors" by L Roth. The wonderful tonal range of browns suggests me images ranging from the surface of an undiscovered exoplanet to a Tapies painting.
    Cheers!

171. Harvey:
    Very interesting! I would really like to see a picture of your Linux. She could even help me to convert more Wintendo users to Linux ... :)
    Darko

172. Sorry everyone, I didn't realize that Wednesday postings were an almost all week thing. To those who commented on my picture thank you. Andrew I actually live between Tampa and Orlandro, the alligator was in the Hillsborough river, the shot was taken before the rains really started so the river was mostly spring feed and very clear. I didn't use a polarizer. I had my 18-135 lens on and it was maxed out. He was actually on the other side of the river and when he saw me he started heading toward me, so I wasn't getting any closer to the water.
    Will

173. Back to work and my Internet connection. Excellent work everyone. Sunset at the farm.
    00UtQE-185653584.JPG

174. It was a true joy to look this thread through!
    My favourite ten(ish) shots for this week were shots by Jose Angel, Darrell Styner, Jonas Fjellstedt, Paul V. Gorky, David Love, Louis Meluso, Ofey Kalakar, L Roth, Matt Laur, Eric James, Eric Arnold and this week's special thanks goes to Jeannean Buglady.
    Btw, I too have noticed that the "talk" we all had about this thread, loading times etc. seems to have worked. Since then the DL-times have been much quicker (or is it just me & my net connection?). Great to see how this community truly works!
    See ya tomorrow!

175. Many Thanks to
    Dieter Schaefer : Lovely location too! and great rusty tones

MS Keil : I love walking cemeteries too, but in the overcrowded ones you can find here is not easy to get the fantastic atmosphere of your shot.

Tiffany Brook : Great concert pic! About the equipment: Thanks God the D300 is a sturdy camera! during my week in Iguazu, I half sunk it in mud when I fell doing a trekking path in the jungle, next day I washed it with a torrential rain with hailstones and the last day, in the boat that reach you near the bottom of the falls, I failed to zip correctly the protective bag they gave to you, and when I opened it, the D300 was together with around a pint of water. But never stopped working. Only the Power Switch is not as smooth as before, there is still some mud inside. But the sensor is spotless clean.
    All great pictures this week, but the one I like a little more is Aguinaldo Night Sky
    See you tomorrow
    Alejandro

176. This weeks thread was just super. I can't believe its already Tuesday and the next one is starting tonight. I really wanted to do my comments but I just had no time. For this I am truly sorry.
    The two most import items for all, are to be encouraged and inspired. If you just look carefully at the work posted here , you cannot be anything but encouraged to go out and shoot. I want to be able to produce work that equals many of the great post here.
    as far as inspiration - there are so many great ideas presented gracefully and artistic that I get ideas galore. Makes me want to go out and try them.
    But I think that the most enjoyable part is the tour we get each week around the world.
    Thank you all for posting. See you tomorrow.

177. Another wonderful Wednesday... The images here are inspiring, stimulate me to try to new things, and just great fun to view. My best regards to all!
    Here are the images that particularly got my attention this week:
    @Jose, your bloody doll has a nice haunting look.
    @Justin, your fast friend on a motorcycle, nice motion-pan.
    @Francesco, the pattern of windows like a chess board
    @Aaron, very nice portrait on Gozo
    @Jonas, @Joseph, @Ray, @Kiem, @Andy, @Mikhail, @Tony your saturated fall colors really pop
    @Aguinaldo, night sky, city lights, and milky way. Light and stars are a surprising mix. Take care of your knees!
    @Rick, strange orange bug. Nice composition.
    @Ahmet, the food looks so good it makes me hungry
    @David, expectant mom with daughters
    @Eddy, Emma's fabulous red-hair
    @Raj, another in the Wednesday tradition of really great cat pictures
    @Louis, the mask in water is wonderful, eerie.
    @William, the squirrel with a nut
    @Janne, abstract green lights
    @L Roth, the rust is fabulous, hot, shouts "Fire! Fire!'
    @Matt, looks like a very wise pup
    @Eric, the windy sunset abstract is really wonderful.
    @Shane, the maples on Velvia are wonderful color
    @Savitri, that's a gorgeous baby
    @Jon, the fall colors on the lake shore. New Hampshire looked like this three weeks ago.
    @Greg, the birds look like they are wrestling... Or maybe something else. Great shot.
    @Lance, stream in B&W is great. I'm really impressed by the B&W conversions from digital.
    @Mark, great sunset.
    Thanks, Luis, for your kind mention of my trumpet busker.

178. Thank you very much for your photos and comments. In a few hours we`ll have a new WedNEsDAy PiC!

179. D700 + S24-70mm/F2.8
    [​IMG]