Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #43

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jose_angel, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Moderator note: Admin has been notified of the problem that's temporarily locked up this thread. It should be fixed later today. Thanks for you patience. -- LJ, 7:48 a.m. C, 1248 UTC, 10/21/09

Important notice:
    please keep your pics under 700 pixels width for inline posting and even more important, please keep the FILE SIZES UNDER 300Kb. Notice that this includes photos hosted off-site (Flickr, Photobucket, others). As a reference, notice that my pic is near 100Kb.

The general guidelines for this WedNEsDAy PiC threads, are here.​
    While trying to get anything from the b&w conversion tool in NX2, I found this pic taken a few weeks ago. As usual, I chose the stored one over what I have almost decided to be posted.
    I was just taking "sterile" shots from this restaurant facade when this man appeared, he looked like anxious, probably looking for a place to have lunch or so... it was really late for that. He hesitated to stay or not, had a look at the menu, then stucked his head in, and gone off to the next one.
    D700 @1600 ISO, 14 bit RAW, 24-85AFS (62mm), f4.5 - 1/250sec.
    Please post if you like your favourite pic taken with Nikon gear... Thank you all.

[​IMG]

2. Happy WeDNeSDaY everyone!
    Here is something I shot on the sidewalk. I tried to convert it to B&W but I didn't like the results! I'm not good at it.
    00Unli-182133784.jpg

3. A Country Road in Vermont
    I spent the last 2 weekends up in Vermont. It was peak foliage color time. Sunday we had a few hours of sun before it became overcast. This one is taken in Southern Vermont, on a road by my house in the town of Wardsboro..
    There are certain things I don’t do or use in my photography, and I’m trying to change that. Even though I have a few, I never use Polarizing Filters. They can do so much to improve certain photos. In this shot the sky had a poor appearance in the viewfinder so I put a polarizer on. The difference was well worth it.
    Another mental note to self – Carry Polarizer at all time.
    Nikon D700 AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED at 19mm
    Program AE, 1/500 sec, f/11, ISO 400 – Circular Polarizer
    Shot in Raw, processed in NX2
    [​IMG]

4. Marina Air Faire
    00Unln-182135684.jpg

5. [​IMG]
    D700+85/1.8 at ISO 800.

6. Hello everybody,
    I had a go at abstract today, I took a photo of my vase and played in a Photoshop. I hope you like the result. Look forward to seeing all the photos you all have for us. Jana
    00Unlz-182137684.jpg

7. Good morning
    This is a simple shot of the sunset at the beach. The sun was already touching the water, but the sky was unclouded and so I decided to point the camera down and capture the water coming in.
    I really loved the highlights on the pebbles, it gives the foreground some interest.
    D700 and AF-D 50 f/1.4 @ f/2 or f/2.5, don't really remember =)
    [​IMG]

8. Happy Wednesday everybody!
    (and thanks to those kind souls that so nicely commented on my last week's pic - I appreciate the feedback, it's like chicken soup for the soul)
    Haven't been out much lately, as I'm up to my ears in work. Nevertheless, here comes a Wednesday kittycat, on her catwalk.
    Taken with D700 and 70-200/2.8 , at f4 or 5.6, I think .
    [​IMG]

9. Terrific shot, Monika! Love the colors in this one, and the cat's eyes are in great focus. I think I can see a catchlight in them.

10. Styrassic park Austria ...
    00UnmG-182141684.JPG

11. Took this about a week and a half ago.
    00UnmI-182143584.jpg

12. To all those who so sweetly commented on my little bee last week - thank you so very much. I guess a personal e-mail is the way I'll go this time. It's been a busy week & I finally today had a chance to dash out & try to shoot something - well that was worthless as I went to a new location & it was wasted time & money. All I can say is that the State of California is now $ 11.00 richer while I lost a few hours looking for something worth taking a photo of...
    So - I will yet again dip into the shots taken the other weekend. D300 paired with the 300mm AF-S f/4 at ISO 650 1/500s -0.3 EV
    I hope you will all enjoy.
    [​IMG]

13. Good morning everybody!
    This is a street picture I took two weeks ago. The young girls seem to be discussing something. I’ve tittled it “Exaggeration”
    00UnmS-182143684.jpg

14. Good morning, and happy Wednesday, everybody.
    I have tons of old slides in my closet. Not only my own, but also from my father, who was an avid shooter in his earlier days. I have started the task of scanning the slides (I started 3 years ago) and am not half way yet. These things take time! If I live long enough, I'll also scan the thousands of negatives lying around (Don't ask me why!)
    Therefore, and since winter is fast approaching, and winter photography is another fun discipline, I'll this week post an older photo, scanned with my Nikon Coolscan V. The file is awaiting further refinement in Photoshop. The picture is from Finse in Norway, which is a high railway pass on the Bergen line.
    I'm looking forward to many good shots this week!
    00UnmW-182145784.jpg

15. bmm

bmm

Following Jose's lead, I'm also going to put up a B&W. Again an image taken while recently in Hong Kong.
    I had the urge on this particular day to use my 50/1.4 AF-D (which was my first prime but is also my least-used) and I had a lot of fun rediscovering this little lens.
    00UnmY-182146084.jpg

16. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Several guys were sitting like this each with their cutting torch
    in a workshop in very small alley in China Town of Ho Chi Minh City.
    I will go there again to see how they get a several tons iron plate
    into the workshops as the alley is only about 1 meter wide!
    00UnmZ-182145884.jpg

17. Missed the last couple of weeks. Here's an older one of a member of my nephew's band, 'Hour of the Shipwreck' (now defunct) at The Bordello in downtown Los Angeles.
    00Unme-182149584.jpg

18. Hello everyone..
    I went to Bath, a city south west of London, over the weekend and took this picture of the Royal Crescent, which is a residential road of about houses laid out in a crescent.
    00Unml-182151584.jpg

19. Hello again,
    Back after a couple of weeks off. Took this one at Powell and Market streets in San Francisco; the cable car turnaround.
    Zoltan
    00Unmm-182151784.jpg

20. I was shooting film last week . Nikon F3, Micro Nikkor 50mm f3.5, Fuji Superia 400. Exposure determined by eye.
    00Unmt-182153584.jpg

21. Looks set to be another great selection. It took me 10 minutes just to go through those posted already - just too good to skip through.
    For this weeks entry I show Lulu, my friendly, but rather sad cat. I was cleaning down my gear and Lulu was quietly sitting next to me. Therefore instead of the flowers I had planned to post here, I decided that as Lulu was being so good that I would take her photo instead. As this year is the 50th anniversary of the Nikon F mount, I used a Nikon lens manufactured in 1959 (50 years old). It is the 3.5cm f2.8 (pat. pend) fitted to my D50. I set it at minimum focus distance and wide open to provoke it!
    00Unmu-182153684.jpg

22. Holy Wednesday to everyone,
    Many thanks to Larry Gardner, Paul V. Gorky, Joseph Leotta, Wouter Willemse and Roberta Davidson's honorable words to my post last week. I appreciated.
    Fishermen are waiting for sun rise in Paramaribo, Suriname / South America. Taken almost one year ago and submitted to the IPA 2009 (International Photography Awards). In the 7th year, IPA received an unanticipated number of entries, nearly 18,000 submissions spanning 104 countries.
    Received honorable mention in sunset section, under pro category few months ago. Hope you like it.
    Friendly Regards,
    Ertugrul
    00Unmy-182155684.jpg

23. One of the Twelve Apostles off the south coast of Australia
    00UnnK-182165684.jpg

24. A friend's kids playing at a picnic last weekend:
    [​IMG]
    D700, 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 40mm and f/7.1, 1/200 sec, ISO 250

25. Finally it's WedNEsDAy again!!! Thanks to all who viewed my last contribution and left a comment. My submission this week is a candid portrait of my wife and child who were taking a peaceful nap in the afternoon. When I went into the room and saw the scene it gave me a good feeling and I wanted to capture the mood. I love the result (but I'm obviously biased). Hope some of you enjoy it. Nikon D200 + 50mm F1.8 @ F4 ISO 400 1/13s Manual (camera rested on sofa for steadiness).
    00UnnR-182169584.jpg

26. Hi all,
    Good morning, good night and good evening to all of you.
    First of all, big thanks to Joseph Leotta and Roberta Davidson for their encouraging comments last week on my shot :)
    Here is my contribution.
    Nikon D300 and 16-85 mm VR @ 35 mm, ISO 3200, f/4.5, 1/15
    00UnnU-182169684.JPG

27. Here's "The Robber and The Fence" taken over the weekend. I was actually trying to catch a Blue Darner flying around, but it was darting too fast. I looked to my right from my "cover", and spotted this Robber fly hanging out on the fence just chilling. After I snapped the first pic, it turned and looked at me and this is the result (needs some post processing, but didn't have time to do more than the bare basics):
    [​IMG]
    D90/Sigma 150mm 2.8, diffused SB600 flash

28. A Brother and Sister talking at a recent night out.
    Nikon D80 Tamron 28-75 F2.8
    ISO800 52mm 1/30s F4.5 0EV
    TTL Bounce Flash 0EV
    00Unnr-182171684.jpg

29. here we go--nikon d300, tamron 17-50, 1/200, f/7.10, iso 200
    00UnoD-182175584.jpg

30. Fall in the Central Park.
    00UnoS-182177584.jpg

31. Good morning everyone. Another Wednesday to enjoy photos from all over the world. I would like to thank Roberta, Joseph and especially Richard for the comments on my photo last week. I also thought it looked like a painting and more so when I printed it on a canvass. My photo this morning was taken on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Nikon D300, Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 lens at f/18. 14mm 1/125 ISO 200 -2 EVC.
    00UnoU-182177684.jpg

32. A picture for Halloween! This Golden-Silk spider is a resident of my side yard.
    00Unoa-182179784.JPG

33. Another HDR from Gent (Belgium) ... but very different form the one of last week. This town is simply a fantastic place for this kind of photos ... when not too many people are around.
    [​IMG]
    D700, AFS 24-70, 5 exposures

34. Good Morning!
    Thank you all who commented on last weeks nuthatch! The small birds in my yard are multiplying...must be fattening up for the coming snow. This was taken with my D300, 80-400 mm VR zoom at f8, 1/60 sec, iso 400, 300 mm, on a tripod with on camera flash.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Dick
    00Unol-182183584.jpg

35. My image this week was taken in the Cataloochee Valley area of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park . Elk were reintroduced to the park in February 2001.The Elk are free to roam and are wild.
    Nikon D300 with 200-400mm F4 VR lens with Nikon TC-14EII 1.4X. ISO 1000, 1/100 second @ f6.3 at 300mm.
    Thanks for looking..
    00Unox-182185584.jpg

36. Whenever I take this out of its case, I think of Paul Simon's Graceland.
    D300, 24-70 f/2.8 Nikkor at 70mm, ISO 200, one 200ws head bounced off ceiling, 1/250 @ f/7.1.
    00Unp5-182187684.jpg

37. [​IMG]
    D70+Nikkor 85f1.8AFD at f2.8

38. Oct 19, Pa Grand Canyon

39. My pic of the day is really from yestarday aftenoon just before sunset. Fields with winterwheat. Trying to show the waves in the landscape.
    Thanks for last weeks comment on my picture.
    00UnpU-182193584.jpg

40. Happy WedNEsDAy to all!! I wanted to do something with a Fall feel to it, so I chose a shot that was taken over the weekend at Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. The gardens themselves were built by Pierre Dupont, back in the early to mid 1900's and inculde a conservatory (greenhouse) of around 4 acres in size. This is a bonzai tree which is almost 100 years old and stands all of about 18in tall. I'll be back later to comment.
    00UnpX-182195584.jpg

41. Good morning all. Taken with my new Tokina 50-135 f/2.8 lens on my D90 at 90mm f/4.5 1/2000
    00UnpZ-182195684.jpg

42. Hi All,
    I'd like to call this "Foot Fetish" but don't you guys get the wrong message, that's my little girl posing !
    Shot with a D70s, Nikon 60mm Macro at f/3.3, 1/250, +1 EV...
    00Unpm-182197684.jpg

43. Grant Lake in the June Lake Loop in the Eastern Sierra near Mammoth Lakes, D200 with 10.5mm fisheye, 5 exposure HDR hand held, slightly cropped. My favorites so far are Lil 's flower/bee, Kevin 's peaceful nap, and Richard 's chickadee. Great thread last week, thanks to all who commented on my image, very much appreciated.
    00Unpv-182198084.jpg

44. Good Morning WedNEsDAy :eek:)
    EDIT: forgot to mention THanKs to Joseph & Roberta for the comment on my Picture in WedNEsDAy #42.
    This picture was taken last WedNEsDAy after submitting my picture for WedNEsDAy #42, wanted to capture the fall colors at sunrise. I looked for this lake (this lake is drinking water resource for the town) details on the internet so that I can park my vehicle and using tripod can capture better picture but after driving to the place found that road can not be used for public. I was driving around the lake and found small bridge and kind of parking space so I parked my vehicle and took few pictures of the lake as soon as I can and in this I forgot to use tripod as well as cpl.
    After downloading the picture I thought of making the HDR out of one image so changed the exposure in LR2 and using Photomatix made an HDR image.
    I hope you all will like it.
    Nikon D40, 18-200mm
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Ray Gosalia

45. Another week, another Nikon Wednesday :) and another film scan from me.
    A street scene taken in Barcelona during a recent visit.
    Kodak Ektar 100, scanned with Nikon Coolscan 9000ED (ICE on, 16bit tiff, auto exposure, auto focus and no other adjustments), converted to 700px jpeg / S-RGB using CS4.
    Adey
    00Unpx-182199584.jpg

46. This shot was taken in early morning at Quebec City on September 1, 2009. What an absolutely beautiful place to visit for anyone who loves photography! Nikon D70s, 35/1.8 lens. f/4 @1/60 sec.
    00Unq3-182199784.jpg

47. Nikon D50, 18-70mm Nikkor [​IMG]
    Mittens: Portrait of a Hemingway Cat.

48. Hi!All the regular posters and all those newly on board this wondeful thread.
    This picture was taken in fading light in a rose garden.
    00Uns0-182219584.jpg

49. Hope all is okay, insofar as posting goes. I've been watching for a while, and figure I should participate. I love seeing everybody's work. It's inspirational to see such variety. It forces me to learn, too.
    This is my second post on the boards and first on Wednesday. I'm using a D40 with a Sigma 70-300. Shutter was slow, ISO was high, Aperture was wide. The indoor playground was a terror to shoot, which might be why this image reminded me of an iconic image. Truth be told, it's horizontally flipped for the sake of comparison.
    00Uns9-182221584.jpg

50. Dupe. Please kill, mods. Sorry!

51. Likewise.

52. I try to limit myself to two buskers per year. But this one had a dachshund, which changes the rules.

Out on the street in Leesburg, Virginia, this past weekend.
    00UnsU-182225684.jpg

53. Hello everyone. It’s Wednesday again.
    Over the weekend, I did makeup work for a Chinese Dance School annual recital performance, which I have voluntarily helped with for the past 7-8 years. This time, I brought my D700 and sat at the 1st row taking pictures. It was hard. The stage lightings were hard to predict. Mostly, yellow, pink, red, and orange filters were used. My WB was way out of balance. Oh well, this was my 1st time shooting stage performing.

The little dancer in the picture is my friend’s 11 year-old daughter. Her dream is to become a professional dancer. I think she did a good move here. However, my picture is a bit out of focus, especially the hands. But I really like the movement and the moment. Not sure how to fix it. Any advice?
    00Unsd-182227584.jpg

54. Good WedNEsDAy everyone!
    This is the only shot, or rather one of the few shots I took on this week, this was taken on early Tuesday morning on my way to work at Hämeenlinna railway station. Didn't do much for this image, just slight sharpening and resize.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D50 + 35mm f/1.8G (@ f/4, 1/60s, ISO 800)
    You can also leave critique & comments to my personal portfolio WedNEsDAy PiCs folder
    Thanks!

55. Hello All -- Same setting as last week... Boating early October on the Connecticut River. I just love the late afternoon light at this time of year.
    Also, this image is a partial answer to the recent thread "How do you photograph your wife?" I think the answer should include "with her permission, including permission to display the image."
    00Unsx-182229584.jpg

56. This picture of my nephew was taken earlier in the month at a family wedding.
    00Unt6-182231584.jpg

57. Good morning all. My contribution this week is from Guilin, China.
    Nikon D90, 18-100mm VR, f5.3, 1/20
    00UntK-182233584.jpg

58. Happy Wednesday everybody,
    As usual the quality of submissions in this forum just continues to astound me. It's been a hectic couple of weeks for me and I haven't had any time to post. there's just nothing worse than having pictures to share and no time to post them. I wanted to process this shot a little better but I just haven't had the time so up it goes.
    D300 w/ 50mm f 1.8 @ f 2 1/200sec ISO200
    00UntM-182233684.jpg

59. D80 Tokina 11-16 ISO 100 F:22 30sec.
    [​IMG]

60. Hallway, city hall building, Pasadena, CA. D700, 14-24/2.8, 14mm, f/14, ISO 200, matrix metered, manual mode, 5 shot bracket between 1/15s to 1/400s, processed with Photomatix.
    Thank you to those who commented on my photo last week.
    00UntZ-182235584.jpg

61. Good Wednesday everyone !!
    This little girl was pouring the popcorn into her mom's drink. I saw her and liked what she was doing but most of all, her look and smile, like saying : you know what I am doing and you are catching me doing this .... The photo was taken at Bush Garden in Tampa, Florida.
    My regards to the best so far ( in my opinion ) :
    Kevin Cassar : excellent use of light.
    Janne Kaakinen : excellent !! The above and this one are for me the best so far.
    Hamilton Gray : Good exposure.
    Joseph Leotta : Beatiful look and composition.
    Francesco Pessolano : Good exposure as well.
    Adey L : Good exposure.
    Congrats to all of you. Have a happy shooting.
    00Untd-182235684.JPG

62. The AT&T Performing Arts Center was officially opened in Dallas, Texas with a free concert by David Sanborn. Good music and an opportunity to photography near the stage.
    00Untg-182235784.jpg

63. Such a wonder arrangement of photos from around the globe. I choose a Fall scene in my neighbors front yard. I did enhance a tad as well as adding some edge blur. I think that it helps the photo.
    I wish I knew more about Photoshop, I have cs4 extended, as I would have loved to see this without the trailer lurking in the background. If it were not for that I would print this out for myself.
    Y'all, have a really great day! .... and "Thanks" to all for this Wednesday shoot.
    phil b
    benton, ky
    00Untu-182237784.JPG

64. Wonderful pictures again. This past weekend went on a swamp tour by air boat. Not exactly what I expected, as the boat hardly ever slowed down. So here is one attempt to capture some of the scenery as we bounced by.
    Welcome to a south Louisiana swamp . Hope you enjoy
    D300, 35mm f/1.8 ISO200 1/40
    00Unu0-182237584.jpg

65. Took this on my way home the other day - hard to believe snow is already falling in lower Connecticut in mid October.
    00Unu1-182237684.jpg

66. Wonderful pictures again. This past weekend went on a swamp tour by air boat. Not exactly what I expected, as the boat hardly ever slowed down. So here is one attempt to capture some of the scenery as we bounced by.
    Welcome to a south Louisiana swamp . Hope you enjoy
    D300, 35mm f/1.8 ISO200 1/40

67. Here's one from a backpacking trip this past weekend. D700, 24-70/2.8 @ 70mm, f/2.8, ISO 400.
    00Unu3-182237884.jpg

68. pge

pge

I didn't really do any shooting this week other than to document my work on my garage roof, but I can't bore you with that, so here is a studio shot that I took of my girls, my wife and my two youngest children.
    00UnuC-182239584.jpg

69. Thanks to Larry, Joseph and Roberta for the kind comments last week.
    Last two weekends I had the opportunity to photograph TWO marathons.
    One crossed the street where I live in Eindhoven the Netherlands.
    The other crossed the street where my parents live in Amsterdam.
    This picture is from the first. It is of a guy running in the marathon and you can see from his face that he was having a hard time. I like his expression and all the items he was wearing. I was sitting on top of a bridge to get nice expressions on the faces, haha.
    I used a monopod to support the lens with a homemade lensbracket. I wished I had a grip since most pictures were portrait and after a few hours my arms got really tired.
    I also made a raincoat for lens and camera, but the rain stopped when I got out of the house. Well, better safe than sorry.
    Taken with the D90 + 80-200mm @ F2.8 200mm 1/750s iso 200.
    00Unut-182247584.jpg

70. Some very interesting shots this week. Good work everybody.
    A climber watches the sunset at Devil's Garden. Arches National Park, Moab Utah.
    Nikon F4s. Fuji Velvia 50.

71. Happy wednesday everybody!
    It was Diwali in India this weekend, its the festival of lights celebrated all over in India, I took few pictures of fireworks, this pic is one of those which i liked, shot with D90, tamron 28-75 at 28mm, ISO: 1250, 1/1000 at F2.8
    00UnvC-182251584.JPG

72. Again, another picture taken during a round of golf a few weeks ago. I knew of the eagle sighting on that golf course before so I went there well-prepared with my 70-200 2.8f lens.
    Shot with D700+70-200mm f2.8 lens; 4.5f, 1/800s, ISO200, 200mm. It was heavily cropped and I am pleasantly surprised how much deatil it still has.
    [​IMG]

73. Some very interesting shots this week. Good work everybody.
    A climber watches the sunset at Devil's Garden. Arches National Park, Moab Utah.
    Nikon F4s. Fuji Velvia 50.
    00UnvZ-182255584.jpg

74. [​IMG]
    Blue Hen Falls - Cuyahoga Valley National Park

75. hi all, thanks for the nice feedback on my star picture last week.
    Bernard, love the rope shot. nicely processed too.
    Wayne, i swear your cat is the double of our cat called Sid. except for the feet.
    my shot this week was taken on friday just gone. the swans seem to have taken over a little model boating lake down at New Brighton.
    00Unvv-182257684.jpg

76. One of my favourites from a "cyclecross" I shot last weekend...
    [​IMG]
    D40, 18-55 @ 18mm, 1/320, f/8, aperture priority, ISO 200

77. Good afternoon (in Europe that is),
    Love your ropes, Bernard. And Matt, you have something nice going on with guitar players. Wonderful conversion.
    00Unwb-182261684.jpg

78. Here is mine for this week. This is of my 20 month old daughter Bella
    00Unwi-182261784.JPG

79. My first post after enjoying Nikon WedNesDay for several weeks. I was out to an Apple Orchard celebration last week. I metered off the sky and took this shot of a nearby pumpkin field. It seemed appropriate since it's nearly Halloween here in the states.
    -- Douglas Mosman
    00UnxN-182271584.jpg

80. Good Morning friends,
    Here we go again - WedNEsDAy with Jose Angel - thanks a lot Jose for making this happen every week. Please take my personal gratitude for doing this 'cause this is helping me at bettering myself by experimenting new settings - settings I have never thought of trying before.
    My heart-felt thanks to Kevin Cassar, Joseph Leotta, and Roberta Davidson for your nice words regarding my last week's work.
    Rene' V ---Bumpy road, huh! It looks like a cross - Nice shot!
    Josephy L and James K. --- I like your fall photos - they well composed.
    Pedro C. --- Amazing Indeed!
    Lil J. --- Simply beautiful, as always!
    Anish --- Nice Work!
    Eddy and Epp B. --- I like the blue tone capture - Nice composition!
    Kevin --- Meaningful photo and caption.
    Francesco --- Love it!
    Richard Karash and Phil Evans --- My Fav's this week!
    Off to my shot for this week --- An experiment in getting a black background - from last night.
    D300s with 17-55mm f/2.8 with SB900 triggered remotely at a very low light.....
    ---Shot at 38mm f/13 1/160th sec with ISO200
    00Unxg-182273584.jpg

81. Wow, onece again beautiful pictures this week,
    some of them caught my eyes especially
    Cees Maas
    Epp B
    Shane Srogi
    James Kazan
    Brandon Wu
    Kent Shafer
    Jamie Mahoney
    Ertugrul Kilic
    Bernard Mills

82. Nice shots here folks. This one taken just a few minutes ago.
    00Unxy-182275584.jpg

83. Good morning from Seattle and Happy Wednesday. Fabulous contributions, everyone. I am only commenting on a few, but all are terrific additions to the community.
    Jose... good job capturing a tricky exposure (white on white) at a fleeting moment.
    Joseph...amazing colors!
    Luis...hahahahaha!
    Eddy...where I would like to be...thank you for bringing it to us!
    Mark...great shot! It looks like a capture of a stage play.
    Jamie...Zikes! Serious spider. You are brave getting that close!
    Kent...Stunning!
    Ryan...Exceptional bird! I am not a big bird pic fan, but this is really beautiful.
    Dieter...another winner!
    Uzay...beautiful tones.
    Here is my contribution...happy halloween D300 Nikon Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 D ED
    00Uny0-182275684.jpg

84. This will probably be my last image from the D200 since I've got the D700. This is from a fashion show - dont know if it's a bad photo - but i like it somehow. My sb800 ran out of juice.
    00UnyZ-182279584.jpg

85. This photo was taken with a Nikon point and shoot and then corrected using Capture NX2
    00Unz7-182285584.jpg

86. Quiet evening on flower farm.
    00UnzA-182285684.JPG

87. D80, 12-24/f4@f13;1/50sec;iso200
    00UnzK-182287584.jpg

88. D80, nikkor 70-210mm F/4-5.6, shot at f/8, 1/400s, @ 210mm.
    00UnzL-182287684.jpg

89. [​IMG] Good day and great shots as usual. This one was taken on Sunday in a little park in Longueuil Quebec where almost all of the leaves have already fallen. Taken with the D300 and the 70-300 nikkor VR on and handheld.
    00Uo00-182293784.jpg

90. Originally established in 1888, the Marion Soldiers Home and cemetery (now part of the VA hospital and national cemetery systems) is in the beautiful rolling Indiana countryside. In talking to the staff, the buildings that are now used as storage and office space were originally milk barns that were at the railroad station there. Took this shot during a visit late this summer, just did the B/W conversion this week.
    00Uo0D-182295884.jpg

91. I'm a bit late today as I was caught up with work, but it's now work time in America so lateness is always relative :)
    I'll write a few more words since I don't usually write so much on this thread.
    Jose, thanks for again starting this, I can see you have received a new icon next to your name... ;-)
    Joseph, the polarizer really made the postcard-style landscape. Makes me think of old films and polas, an interesting style in its own right
    Louis, I like the minimalism of the meters. Must be my cultural background in photography.
    Eddy, that coast looks so nice. I hope I could see that someday, although it's pretty much on the opposite side of the globe for me.
    Janne, nice morning fog.
    Shane, I like that almost unreal feeling of the rocks against the sky.
    I had a mixed bag of photos this week, my studio photos still not up to the standard of the good studio shooters here but I'm learning. I did, however, take a fair amount of snaps of the foliage, this was almost an accident, however I like the effects that the DOF plays.
    00Uo15-182299584.jpg

92. Last Thursday I had the day off and I noticed that the colors on the Wasatch Front were looking extroidinary that day. I grabbed my camera and headed to the Bell Canyon Trail Head, which is only 5 minutes from my house and started hiking to the lower reservoir.
    It was a very fruitful photowalk. I took this photo at about 9:30am just as the sun was cresting over the mountains and lighting up the west side where I was at. The backlighting gives this shot some added depth. I named it "A Peaceful Place"
    00Uo1a-182301584.jpg

93. What a wide variety this week, could be me but it seems more different styles/subjects this week. Which is great, very inspiring!
    Mine is from 2 weeks ago, haven't used my camera sensibly for more than a week...
    [​IMG]
    D300 with AF-D 35 f/2, 1/640th with f/5.6, ISO200.
    Did a manual exposure, but while playing a bit with the RAW this week, I found that underexposed the dynamics of the picture were nicer to me, and B/W seemed to fit better too. So quite some editing in Capture NX2 this time.

94. Happy Wednesday evryone! Sorry, a little late today. Change of pace this week, shot of my 4 y/o from this past Saturday's soccer game. D200, 70-300@140mm, VR on, f4.8, 1/1000, iso 400, a little NX2 pp.
    00Uo2P-182307584.jpg

95. Here's a photo of photographer Anthony Boccaccio. He gave my family a walking tour of Rome this summer. He was our pied-piper for two days. The photo isn't new, but I just got around to processing it. The more processing I gave it, the worse it looked. So this is pretty much straight out of the camera, converted from RAW to jpg, with a little sharpening of the cobble stones.
    00Uo2W-182309884.jpg

96. Hi 2 everybody!
    Joseph Leotta beautiful and colorful
    Sanford Gerald In serious, your shot has much more to tell than the typically sterile glamourous model shots" Congrats! My favorite this week
    Darko Vrsic you should stop these genetic experiments down in Austria ;-)
    Hamish Gray it's winter in nearly all of your photographs, and I like winter season. But where do you live?
    Luis Argüelles ¿la has tomado desde la cadera (cowboy style :) ? Nice perspective for the captured moment!
    Zoltan Varro looks like dancing
    Louis Meluso fine art!
    Bogdan Nicolescu don´t dare to ask for the reason of the "meeting"
    Ken Yamamoto You did it! IR without filter :)
    Jamie Mahoney But you do not have Nephila inaurata in your backyard...?
    Francesco Pessolano like that!
    Dieter Schaefer sehr hübsch!
    Garry Barker als very nice colors
    Janne Kaakinen Great atmosphere, only the ghost train is missing ;-)
    Brandon Wu romantissimo! Great tonal work
    Phil Evans beautiful & professional portrait
    Shane Srogi Majestic viewpoint
    Epp B also good perspective
    Alex Foto nice still life, very nice lighting indeed
    Michael Ferron artistic flower shot!
    Jeff Lipsman enjoying life! Very positve vibrations
    ...and to all the others please forgive me for not commenting but there are so many good photos! Great work everybody.
    Have a nice week,
    MS

97. Early snow in New England - the leaves haven't all fallen! -Paul
    00Uo3Y-182315684.jpg

98. Please remove my previous response. It did not use any Nikon equipment and was not corrected with Capture NX2. Please post this one. Sorry.
    00Uo3n-182317684.jpg

99. Oops - image was too big. Here are the leaves & snow in miniature :) D90, 18-70 f/3.5-4.5, 1/10s @ f/8, -2/3 EV.
    00Uo44-182319784.JPG

100. Zurich at Night

101. Just caught these two in the act on my milkweed this week. They were so in luv they didn't even notice me. Jeannean nice bug again this week. D3 28-90 sigma 90mm manual focus 1/60 f/13 iso 100 diffused off camera flash
    00Uo4e-182327684.jpg

102. Staying with the cute critter theme again this week, this little fella is a young member of a Meerkat family at London Zoo. A zookeeper entered with a palm load of mealworms, which were eagerly gobbled up by the entire troop, after which this little one hooked onto the keepers hand as if to say "where's mine ?" Aaahh.........
    Not the most photographically challenged shot, Highly cropped, they don't hang about too much to pose so it was a wider shot. They are so cute, but apparently they have very sharp teeth. D700, iso 500, 1/640 at f/9, 95mm.
    [​IMG]
    No comments yet, as everything is still downloading on my speedy-gonzales-NOT dial-up connection !

103. St Moritz Switzerland
    00Uo52-182333584.JPG

104. This one's from July, but I've been too tied up at the office to shoot this week. My sister and brother in law, with my spirited little niece. We got her to smile by counting "1-2-3... Beer!" I kid you not...

NIKON
    D50 , ISO: 200, 1/320 sec , f5.3 , 18-200VR @ 90mm
    [​IMG]

105. Oh and I forgot...
    Zoltan...sweet perfect combo of speed and exposure
    Louis...nice...well done...simple and effective
    Phil...really lovely autumn scene
    Phil E....great looking family...I am sure you are documenting them well!
    James....amazing fall capture
    Epp...wow...I'll try to stay in appreciation and not envy
    Wonderful work everyone. Thanks for being part of

106. I just lift my camera (very fast) and take the shot..., not much thinking, but I was lucky :
    00Uo5M-182335584.jpg

107. a abandoned truck at Ardenwood farm California

108. a abandoned truck at Ardenwood farm California
    00Uo5g-182337784.JPG

109. My shot this week was taken as part of a motion study assignment for a class I'm in. This shot is pretty much straight out of the camera except for a light crop and slight contrast adjustment. Great pics so far everyone!
    00Uo66-182341584.jpg

110. Hi all,
    Very late today....hope you like
    00Uo67-182341684.jpg

111. Something from this week in Italy
    00Uo6S-182345584.jpg

112. Hello everybody!

Great photos once again. First of all, thank all of you that noticed my shot from last week and took your time to comment on it. I really appreciate it!

My favorites for today are:
    Jeff Lipsman - I can't tell why, I just like it. Perhaps to try and BW version?
    Dieter Schaefer - Love the composition and the place, but I dislike that HDR look that this photo has.
    When I did HDR's I always tried to make colors as normal as possible. But that's just me. :)
    Epp B - magazine quality image. Nothing much to add.
    James Kazan - my kind of landscape, wide angle, water with long exp. , good front part of image...

And for me, I just purchased Cokin infrared filter, and this Sunday it was my first try...

[​IMG]

Nikon D80, Sigma 10-20@10 mm, f8, 89.3 seconds, ISO 100, Cokin IR filter.

113. Matlock Lake in the Eastern Sierra (oops - pic too big)

114. This is Buzios, near Rio de Janeiro.
    Thank you for viewing.
    00Uo6d-182349584.jpg

115. Matlock Lake in the Eastern Sierra last Sunday morning
    00Uo6t-182349984.jpg

116. MS Keil, thank you for asking. My picture is taken in Norway about 200km south of the arctic circle and not too far from the Swedish border. There are some lakes and hills about 30minutes drive east from our house that offer us endless wilderness and hiking possibilites. I take my son camping there about every 3rd weekend, summer and winter.

117. [​IMG]
    First post. Always admire the quality of photos posted. This is a photo of grapes waiting to be harvested[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    00Uo7p-182359584.jpg

118. Happy Wednesday Everyone,
    We were at a Christmas boutique store over the weekend... It's that time already! I love this time of the year.
    Ty
    00Uo85-182361684.jpg

119. [​IMG]
    Yosemite in Early Autumn. D90, 3 RAW (-2,0,+2) HDR.

120. Just playing with speedlights again.
    00Uo91-182371584.jpg

121. Jose,
    CONGRATULATIONS with your "Hero"-status! It is very much deserved!

122. bms

bms

Great photos once more! Aaron, Joseph, Roberta... and Jose. Thanks for you comments last week, they are appreciated AND you put me to shame :( I just never got back to the thread to comment. Promise I will so this week!
    Went out at 5 AM on Saturday and drove 2 hours south, as foliage here is past its peak. The morning was lousy and cold (OK, Hamish, nothing like that), I tool parallel shot with 6x7 gear and Nikon D700. Turned out to be nicer later in the day. Did not quite get what I was looking for (the "classic" New England Fall shot), but there are plenty of those anyway. So here is my rendition:
    Railroad Bridge, Fairfield, ME
    00UoAi-182381684.jpg

123. Jose -
    congratulations & you sure are a hero for creating such good will on this forum.
    Well done & well deserved.
    Lil :)

124. Oddly enough I noticed the Hero icon earlier today by Jose's name and assumed it had been there all the time. Congrats on the recognition Jose.....do you get a new D3x from photo.net for your accomplishment :)
    No pictures from me this week but truely enjoyed all the other offerings....kudos to all!
    John

125. MY first time posting here. My B/W for this week is of my kiddos. I was just taking random shots of my kiddos. I love my sons expression here because I can see him thinking that he would secretly like to smack her but knows better.
    Nikon D700, Nikon 60mm f/2.8 macro lens, ISO 400, 1/80 sec, f/5, natural lighting

126. MY first time posting here. My B/W for this week is of my kiddos. I was just taking random shots of my kiddos. I love my sons expression here because I can see him thinking that he would secretly like to smack her but knows better.
    Nikon D700, Nikon 60mm f/2.8 macro lens, ISO 400, 1/80 sec, f/5, natural lighting
    00UoBn-182389684.jpg

127. Hi all so many great photos
    here is my contribution for this week
    my first attempt at HDR.
    hope you enjoy this one
    I was made with 5 exposures
    00UoBq-182391584.jpg

128. bmm

bmm

Its morning here in Sydney and time to give some credit and also say thanks for some kind words (much appreciated Gary, Cees, Uzay).
    Wonderful work everyone with the ones that particularly stand out for me being Monika, Luis, Kevin, Jeannean, Francesco, Matt, Cees, Tony, Brian... and then I can't choose between 3 equal favourites... Janne (great mood and tones), Uzay (wonderful feel and composition), and Douglas (great idea, image and post-production has made a pumkin field look totally sinister).

129. Thought I would post a film pic from last week. Taken with FE 43-86mm F8 at around 1/250 using Fuji 400 Superia. Photo from Walgreens CD, resized only. One aborist pointing to another on campus.
    00UoCm-182399584.jpg

130. Thought I would post a film pic from last week. Taken with FE 43-86mm F8 at around 1/250 using Fuji 400 Superia. Photo from Walgreens CD, resized only. One aborist pointing to another on campus.

131. North Ridge of Pikes Peak from Crystal Lake last weekend.
    Especially like the water highlights, although the flare was hard to shoot around.
    d700, 24-120g 3.5 @ 35mm, 1/500 f/11 at ISO 800
    00UoD9-182401684.jpg

132. The winner of "ArtPrize", a painted picture entitled "Open Water". I need to work more with my sb600.
    Some pp in elements.
    00UoEX-182411584.jpg

133. I took this picture of my youngest daughter on Monday. Beautiful day here in Indiana and we were just out shooting a few pictures.
    00UoFT-182421584.jpg

134. [​IMG]
    D80 Paris France

135. I am really becoming addicted to this thread!
    Anyway, we were out visiting friends in Iowa last weekend and they had a new puppy.....an irresistible photo opportunity of course. And this critter enjoyed posing!
    The breed is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Quite a mouth full but a wonderfully tempered pup to have around kids from what I could tell from this specimen :)
    00UoGF-182433584.jpg

136. Hard Times
    D700, Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, ISO 800, f/8
    00UoGK-182435584.jpg

137. My first Wednesday Nikon Pic post! My son on Jupiter Beach, Jupiter, Florida. Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
    00UoGx-182445584.jpg

138. Greetings, everyone! Another great Wednesday thread!
    the only time when I get to take photographs these days is when I walk my dog, so I post a photo os someone's dog I made recently.
    00UoH1-182445684.jpg

139. Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah National Park
    00UoHA-182447584.jpg

140. Sorry I could not get this to post

141. Hi everyone, here is mine for today. [​IMG]
    The Island. Fuji S3Pro, 10-20.

142. I would Just like to thank everyone who posts here I always look forward to Wednesdays. It always inspires me to try new things. Great work as always.
    I took this one of Kona "my Berner" on Sunday. Yuck how can he stand all that dirt on his tongue. LOL
    D90 iso 640 Speed 200
    00UoIZ-182461684.jpg

143. Taken about a month ago in Seattle.
    D80 w/50mm 1.4 1/800 @ f2.2 ISO 400 Cropped in LR.
    00UoJw-182477584.jpg

144. I really enjoy the Wednesday thread. I have enjoyed this particular one the best. All the way down the line I picked a different favorite. Such a broad range all so technical and interesting.
    My hats off to everyone! Happy Wednesday.

145. On a bright sunny day this photo was taken.
    Camera:Nikon D300
    Lense:Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    F/10-1/400 sec.

146. On a bright sunny day this photo was taken.
    F/10-1/400 sec.
    00UoLf-182495584.JPG

147. A Chinese calligrapher on visit to Malaysia writing Quranic verses.
    00UoNI-182513584.JPG

148. Egad Paul B, I don't know how much pp you did, but ISO 3200 on your D3 looks like ISO 320 on my D90. Beautiful girl, great shot!

149. sorry double post removed

150. Another great collection of photos this week. Thanks to all who made kind comments on my submission. These are the ones that caught my attention this week:
    Rene Villela - Interesting subject.
    Joseph Leotta & Eddy Furlong - Great shots with vibrant colours.
    Hamish Gray - Love the wide angle perspective.
    Lil Judd - Fantastic shot.
    Jeannean Buglady - Incredible detail on the robberfly.
    Dieter Schoefer - Thanks for the comments. Your submission is wonderful and one that I'd hang on my walls.
    Phil Evans - Fantastic family portrait. Very beautiful ladies, the lot :D
    James Kazan - Another photo I'd hang on my walls.
    Dave Beamont - great reflection and sharpness.
    Aaron Bonnici - Very Emotive portrait. I can feel the sadness/worry of the woman.
    Aguinaldo de Paula - great shot.
    Melissa Papaj - Nice and funny kids shot.

151. A bit late, but here it is my picture for this week. Taken in my landlady's garden. D80 - f/5.6 - 1/80 kit lens 18-135mm at 95mm
    [​IMG]

152. Kevin Kassar, thanks for your comment.
    Wayne Cornell, is this cat related to monkeys? Opposite thumbs? laughs.

153. The pictures are bcoming better and better, and choosing favourites is becoming harder and harder. Anyway, here are the ones that have catched my eye today:
    Bernard Mills and the knots
    Zoltran Varro and the 180 degrees movement in SF
    Louis Meluso and the white composition
    Kevin Cassar and the peaciful nap
    Uzay Kisi and the strong b&w landscape
    Shane Srogi and the Velvia rocky landscape
    James Kazan and the falling water
    Cees Maas and the bokehed nets
    Bryan Meadows and the never-stopping dog
    Raden Munim and the chinese calligrapher
    This last one is my overall favourite.

154. Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington KY (Nikon D300, 24-85 f2.8-4.0 AFD)

155. I love this thread and all the great photos. Thanks Bernard for your comments. Here's the pictures that I remember the most.

Rene' Villela - very symbolic
    Joseph Leotta - super color
    Hamish Gray - dramatic
    Bernard Mills - nice!
    Louis Meluso - interesting
    Garry Barker - what nice colors and patterns
    Thomas Burden - peaceful
    Doug Santo - architectural dramatics
    Phil Evans - eyecatching contrasts
    Alex Foto - strong tones
    Waldemar Giers - love it
    Tony Hadley - like the color combinations

156. Excellent photos everyone, its getting better and better...some that caught my eye
    Sanford Gerald nice evokes another era
    Hamish Gray lovely composition and colours
    Ertugrul Kilic No wonder it received an honorable mention..excellent colours and composition
    Kevin Cassar A very peacful image...excellent capture of a moment
    Phil Burt Like the colours
    Phil Evans Very nice family portrait
    Epp B Excellent capture, colours and framing
    Bryan Meadows I like this abstract..nice movement
    Melissa Papaj Wonderful expression..nice B&W
    Michael Brown Nice high key portrait

157. bms

bms

As promised, I am back.
    Again, I enjoy everyone's photos a lot. Very inspiring. Some eye catchers:
    Jose - tack sharp.
    Rene - interesting, but what is it?
    Joseph - Great scene. The shot I mean to get :)
    Monika - Fishsoup for the kitty soul?
    Hamish - brrrrrr, great shot, like the white against the deep blue
    Lil - wow, cute little bee and pretty steady hand
    Louis - nice composoition and excellent guess
    Ertugrul - fabulous colors, and congrats!
    Jeannean - what can I say, amazing as usual
    Fransesco - great mood
    Kent - where is the camera?
    Dieter - nice use of HDR
    Janne - love the colors and the mood
    Uzay - strong B&W
    Phil - love the lighting
    Epp - good action shot!
    Cees - like the composition and conversion
    Jeff - excellent use light
    Filip - great IR start!
    Michael Brown - welcome and what an entrance

158. Lots of great shots. I can't comment on every one that I liked and why; I'd be up all night.

I will mention that all of the following contributors impressed me with their compositions. I have learned something from each of you today!
    Note: If I didn't mention you here, I probably liked something else about your photo: color, setting, etc. As I said I just can't comment on everything!
    Rene', Sanford, Monika (nice "catch"), Darko, Lil, Luis, Erik C, Michael K, Zoltan, Louis, Ian R, Ertugrul, Eddy F, Justin W, Kevin C, Jeannean (is that really a photo? wow!), Mark G, Bogdan, Eric A, Francesco (difficult subject), Richard A, Wayne W, Kent S (the hands are nice detail), Carey M, Paul G, Ryan S, Oded, Dieter, Garry B (really nice shot!), Wayne C, keerthi, Todd P, Matt L, Paula W (just fits in the frame! In my mind I want to crop the sides away.), Richard K, Rich L, Eric B, Doug S, Maurice, Bill B, Phil E (OUTSTANDING portrait!), Sjoerd, Lawrence H, Gary M, Epp B, Eric T, Alex F, Michael F, Tiffany B, Kiem N (it actually works out in a surreal way), Jose R (I prefer the first one), Waldemar, Dave B, Chris T, Steve L, John DeMarco, Jeff L, Paul T, Rick D, Andrew P (Nat Geo shot!), Peter R (another nice portrait), Paul B (stunning head shot!), Jay M (like the crop), Aaron B, Aguinaldo, Chanh, James B (thanks for the NATURAL-looking HDR), Raaj, Benjamin S, Melissa P (superb!), Kris B, Don G, Nord, Hans S, Michael B, Jill B, Lance.
    Whew! That's a lot o' pix!

159. Camera:Nikon D300
    Focal length:135; Exposure time: 1/30sec
    Without flash this shot was taken using auto ISI.
    00Uou2-182777584.JPG

160. WELL WELL WELL!!!!!
    Jose… Nice icon! Congratulations! Well deserved!
    Alex Foto, kevin Cassar, Douglas Mosman and Dan South…. Thank you for your comments.
    Benjamin Schaefer…. Thank you! I'm sorry, I didn't have time to explain what it was. It's a cross made of bronce. It is on the sidewalk in front of Museum in Prague. At the time I took that shot I was alone so I didn't get more info about it. When I was trying to convert the shot to B&W i couldn't get a nice tone on the color of the cross and that's why I left it in color.
    My picks of the week:
    Joseph Leotta, Hamish Gray, Per-Christian Nilssen, Anish Mankuthel, Ertugrul Kilic, Eddy Furlong, Jeannean Buglady, Francesco Pessolano, Richard Armstrong, Dieter Schaefer, Doug Santo, Bill J Boyd, Phil Evans, Shane Srogi, James Kazan, Alex Foto, Dave Beaumont, Tony Hadley, Jeff Lipsman, Flip Lucin, Chanh Nguyen, James Blachy and Carl Becker.
    Congratulations to everybody for such a great work. Cheers!

161. On Sunday I wish there were 2 threads, a Wednesday and a Sunday one, and next time I think about it it's already way past Wednesday....
    2009-10-22-tempe-splash-run-117726.psd - Nikon D300
    2009-10-22 18:04:33 - (lens_ 50mm f/1.8)
    1/125s f /2.8 - ISO-200 - 50mm (x1.5=75mm )
    Exp: Aper AE.Multi-segment. -1 step. (Flash:None)
    AdobeRGB - JPG - 25 MB - Auto
    Size: 4002x2668 pixels - 87% crop
    Orig: 4288x2848 pixels - Res: 300x300dpi​
    [​IMG]
    Swimming 0.3/0.6miles and running 2.5 miles... yesterday
    I used flash and I wish I didn't, then I didn't use flash and I wish I did. If I could pick exactly where the flash will hit and where not to... but runners go by fast and focusing doesn't always lock on.. and framing itself is enough focus on

162. Jose, congratulations on a very well deserved hero-status!
    Since wednesday this thread is just making me want to go out and toy around with my Nikon. So much inspiration and (as I said while posting), so much variety this week. Astonishing amounts of talent.
    And while it certainly is the season for those lovely wild colours in the trees and bushes, the late-summer feel of Pedro Cardoso's picture somehow made me smile most. A lovely simplicity, and for me it is just saying "lovely long summer nights". So, this week's choice for me!
    All, many thanks for an inspirational whirlwind around the globe!

163. Hello all
    I've just arrived from a week in Puerto Iguazu, in the frontier between Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. I couldn't post before, so I am a little late. Also I want to thank all the ones that commented on my last week photo. I have not processed any photo of my trip yet so I post one a little older
    Spring in Argentina means ,apart from flowers and sun, that it is the time to see the best Polo in the world.
    The players return home after they have played in the Usa or Europe.
    Here is a shot taken 10 days ago at the Final of the San Isidro Jockey Club Tournament, one of the many tournaments held as preparation to the Triple Crown with the big finale in the Argentine Open in December.
    The match was won by Indios Chapaleufu II. (The 18-200 VR is not the best lens for sports but I tried to make the best of it)

D300 + 18-200 VR@150mm - 1/1250 - f 5.6 - ISO 200
    00Up9C-182905584.jpg

164. Another terrific Wednesday foto-fest... Nice work everyone!
    These are the images that particularly caught my attention this week:
    @Joseph, country road in VT... near me... It was beautiful in New England late Sept to early Oct.
    @Hamish, frost and sky. An image of cold, cold, cold.
    @Zoltan, the cable car turn-around, nice night shot.
    @Ertugrul, the red sky... Sky is great with a very nice silhouette foreground.
    @Justin, two kids playing. Are they HAPPY, or what?
    @Jeannean, Robber fly... crisp, perfect pose, and the head turned towards you. Buglady, indeed!
    @Francesco, canal scene in Gent. Light feels real and conveys "stormy" to me; this doesn't always happen in HDR.
    @Richard, the Black Capped Chickadee.
    @Garry, the colors in your Quebec City shot are gorgeous.
    @Kris, really great bird. Stern looking.
    @Uzay, the shore with metal fence, really nice Black & White. I'm astounded how well the 700 pixel B&W images appear in this medium.
    @Brandon, Monongahela Nat'l Forest. Nice high-key image, says "fog" to me.
    @Michael, the flower with droplets, in B&W.
    @Kiem, I like the fashion show shot, slow sync, double image. Makes you look and think. I like that.
    @Tony, really nice red leaves. Very classic, nice background sets off the color.
    @Peter, a really great family portrait.
    @Bryan, really nice motion image.
    @Bill, grapes at Autumn Harvest. I love the red leaves.
    @Melissa, the two kids are just fabulous.
    @Michael, your son on the beach, very interesting and surreal. Nice selective focus.

165. Sunset behind church and tall trees.
    Focal length:105; Exposure time: 1/400sec

166. Sunset behind church and tall trees.
    Focal length:105; Exposure time: 1/400sec
    00UpNK-183023684.JPG

167. Congratulations, Jose, on a very well deserved new icon!
    This week I finally had some time to look at all of the great images posted here...just wonderful stuff from everyone! However, my personal favorite is Melissa Papaj's kids...what a great shot...really perfect!
    And, thank you to Dieter, Dan S., Rene', and Richard K. for the kind comments on my chickadee image. These little birds rarely stay still and present a challenge, a nice relaxing challenge and some fun.
    Looking forward to next Wednesday!
    Dick

168. Uzay, Tiffany, Benjamin, and Dan - thanks for the comments. Benjamin, the camera was on a tripod lined up with the center of the resonator (the dark circle) so its reflection didn't show.

169. First a very big thanks to all who commented on my country road shot. Its just beautiful up in Vermont this time of year.
    Roll up the sleeves and lets get to work :
    Jose – congrats on the new icon.
    Rene – back home I hope. Very interesting composition
    Sanford – reminds me of the pictures that they used to put on WW2 planes.
    Josh – B&W was a good choice
    Jana – each week you show a very creative touch. Extremely well done
    Pedro – simple yet it came out superb. Nice job
    Monika – it’s a good cat photo. Good fine.
    Darko – looks like you traveled back in time.
    Hamish – the master of cold weather. Yet another good one.
    Lil – you’re just too good. I can’t praise your work enough. BTW I made the NY Botanical Gardens $22.00 richer and came back with a shot of a building
    Luis – try to lighten up the face on the left in post. Nice composition in B&W
    Per-Christian – I’m doing a similar project with my fathers and my slides. I like this one.
    Bernard - it’s made even more interesting by the B&W conversation. As you can tell by all the comments it’s a winner
    Erik – it must be fun touring every nook and cranny. I very jealous.
    Michael – I lke how the background makes the shot
    Anish – very nice panoramic view
    Zoltan – what a great shot. Perfect night exposure with available light
    Louis – very unique composition. I like finds like this.
    Ian – All cat lovers will love this one.
    Ertugrul – Wow.on the photo, Congrats on the honorable mention. Most dramatic shot on the thread. What a great job 2 weeks in a row.
    Eddy – great landscape with a good blend of colors
    Justin – what a great kids shot. The sure look like they were having fun.
    Kevin – good job capturing the mood that you wanted.
    Kemal – great job with the nighttime exposure.
    Jeannean – I’m running out of praise for all your great macros. You have become one of the experts on Photo.net when it comes to macros
    Mark – stunning available light capture.
    Bogdan – still another one with your good touch. Its typical of your good work
    Eric – Literally the light hot spot makes the exposure difficult. Good job
    Ken – never would know it in the middle of the largest city. Us NY photonetters should all get together.
    Gwen – very peaceful landscape
    Jamie – I really like how you included the web
    Francesco – This one could be a painting. I’d tone back the sky just a bit
    Richard – I always like soft backgrounds in these shots
    Wayne – I’d love to visit that national park
    Kent – I bet it sounds as good as it looks
    Carey – do you have a slight blue color tone in it? Looks good
    Jens – you set up the wavy lines nicely. Really makes yhe shot
    Paul – different, It took me a moment to realize that it was a miniature tree
    Ryan – I like the jigh contrast between the main element and the background
    Oded – I hope she watched out for splinters from the wood deck
    Dieter – this ones super. My favorite this week
    Ray – the cplpr and tones came out great
    Adey – its photo like this that take us on a world tour on Wednesdays
    Gary – simple composition makes for a nice cityscape
    Kris – clear telephoto work
    Wayne – Wayne – interesting paws on that cat
    Keerthi – good job with the light that you had availanle
    Todd – welcome to Wednesdays – Kids can be so much fun
    Matt – how do you always find such good looking dogs?
    Paula – each week one catches my eye right away. Very well done.
    Janne – the feeling of being there comes thru in that shot
    Richard – your right about the fall light
    Rick – kids always are fun to shoot kids
    Thomas – you found a tranquil setting in China. It’s a beautiful setting
    Eric – I bet that exactly what it was like in the old days also.
    Uzay – the deep tones calls your attention to the shot
    Doug – I really like the shadow play
    Maurice – I like the softer tones that the B&W gives you
    Bill – nice capture of a artist
    Phil – I’d crop it tighter, nice fall colors
    Roberta – It reminds me perfectly of some air boat rides that I took.
    Jon – like the ontrasting seasons. Rare to get shots like yours.
    Brandon – very subtle. I could easily see it framed on a wall
    Phil – that a great job you did. I could never get mine to pose for me. Mine run when I take out a camera.
    Sjoerd – I like it when there’s a large event and close-up personal stories told in photos.
    Deep – Its seeing and hearing about different events around the world that make this thread special
    Lawerance – your right about the detail. Came thru nicely
    Shane – I like how you set up the strong sky against a silhouette,
    James – great scenic spot. I has come out great in a few of your shots
    Gary – great angle you used.. It gave a different perspective to the Swan.
    Epp – great job – The framing, angle and colors blend together perfectly
    Cees – good eye. Nice setup
    Ernie – like her expression. What wonder kids have at that age
    Douglas - welcome to the thread. I’d would lighten it a bit.
    Alex – like the effect the lighting causes with shadows
    Michael - .like the detail in the water droplets
    Tiffany – the color contrast is striking
    Kiem – your gonna love the d700. Nice work with the 200.
    Jose – looks like a film shot
    Waldermar – that a lot of flowers some has to sell.
    Dave – framed nicely by introducing the tree branches from the right.
    Christopher – The sun highlighting the edges woeks nicely in B&W
    Tony – just 2 main contrasting colors makes this a very eye catching shot
    Steve – the way the shingles play on the lower roof makes the shot work well in B&W
    Oskar – this one really =caught my eye. A lot of effort went into it.
    Larry – Isn’t fall the best time of year for photos.
    Wouter – it was worth playing around that that shot. I’m starting to shoot more and more raw.
    John – your son sure looks like he’s having fun in your siccer shots.
    Jeff - I’m sure that it was an interesting tour and you ca,e beck with hreat shots
    Jose – good white balance under the school’s lights
    Paul – like the mix of colors
    Rick – difussing the flash really helped bring out the highlights.
    Andrew – nice shot and story.
    Peter – St Moritz is high on my list of places to go
    Peter – good family portrait. I would have tried one with fill flash
    Paul – very strong expression. Clear detail
    Jay – I’d love to restore a truck like that
    Bryan – you got a Am I bet on that assignment
    Aaron – strong contrast with the backdrop and a even stronger look
    Miles – good graphics
    Filip – I’m going to look into IR filters
    Aguinaldo – very strong photo. Super use of high contrast
    Chanh – what a great place the Eastern Sierra must be.
    Bill - nice colors in your first post here.
    Ty – Is it really coming up to Christmas already. Time flies
    James – I wish I cold visit there
    Raaj – getting good with the strobes. Interesting that you choose the 50mm
    Benjamin – interesting how the polarizer almost gave it an IR effect.
    Melissa – I noticed the Photo.net also listed this photo in the new and interesting gallery.
    Kris – I really must try HDR. What software did you use?
    Don – nice candid
    Mark – nice work. Was that the AFd or the AFs VR lens
    Rob – that a good angle to present that painting at
    Nord – what a nice smile she gave you.
    Igor – the shadow lighting made this shot
    Hans – that a good looking dog
    Dan- good find in the streets category
    Michael – super detail in his eyes
    Mikhail – that dog must have some chameleon blood in him. He blends into the background perfectly
    Carl – I wish there was a national park in NY. Nice shot
    Nick – good choice on the wide angle
    Jill – great how the detail of this tongue came thru. Stay imspired.
    Lance – good job advoiding any reflection on the windows
    Robert – difficult to get the proper exposure when the sky is the main part of the shot
    Raden – the angle you held the camera at made the photo more interesting
    Andres – I think that I would have focused on the rear on
    Robert – this one just works perfevtly, right blend of elements
    Robert B – fantastic silhouette work, Best one in the thread
    Alejandro – I was wondering where you were. You made polo interesting
    Robert – Its only one shot a week, please
    Sorry its so late this week but it’s a lot of work. It’s Sunday morning in NY and a great sunny day. Its out to shoot. Its going to be older camera day, I taking out the D1x after reading the discontinued DSLR thread..
    See you on Wednesday.

170. Joseph, thank you for your nice words. Hopefully, our projects give our families some joy.

171. Joseph, I wholeheartedly agree with the idea :) I went there again and walked around down to Union Square this weekend and I may have met some of PNers on the way.
    Last weekend wasn't great for photo walkabout, so I didn't spend much time outside with camera (yes, I am making excuse :). Today was gorgeous and I could go out and walked with camera a lot. Foliage was beautiful, but VERY difficult to recreate in the photograph. I now wonder which one to use for next Wednesday photo..... See you on Wednesday.

172. So sorry have not had the time this week to make individual comments.
    Welcome to all the first time posters! Such wonderful and magnificent images from all.

173. Dan South and Joseph Leotta, Thank You for the comments.
    Joseph, I chose the 50mm lens because it's the one that let me get close enough to the subject (which is only 3" tall) to fill the frame. I also have a habit of changing to a lens and shooting with it for a week or two then moving on to the next; currently I have the 50mm on my camera.
    Everyone, I really enjoyed this week's photos. I can see the fall theme clearly as well as some nice HDRs, which I'm hoping to try one of these days.
    Till next week...

174. What a great bunch of photos! I enjoyed each one (and appreciate the comments made about my Robberfly.) A special thank you to Joseph for finding the time to make a comment for each contributer. Your Vermont photo is stunning. I'd like to add my congratulations on a well deserved "Hero" status to Jose, as well as Ertugrul for his IPA award. I'm looking forward to Wednesday for the next world tour...until then, happy shooting!

175. [​IMG]and the picture

176. Well, tomorrow we will have a new wednesday... this thread has been great, even more than usual.
    I`m so pleased with my new "icon"; I didn`t notice it until I read Oskar Ojala`s post! At least I understand two things: first, there must be anyone who has promoted this issue (don`t know if a moderator, admistrator or even forum user) and second, all of you contributors are the "culprit" body of this WeD PiC success. I want to express my gratitude to both of you, for your kind participation and support. I think photo.net is a wonderful place. :D
    Many good pics as usual, Bogdan Nicolescu`s scene, Phil Evans`nice family (thanks for sharing), Michael Ferron flowers (this work is very close to some of mine with film), Michael Brown child portrait, Richard Karash portrait (I like it veeery much! beautiful colors, perfect background etc.)... and many beautiful technically perfect landscapes (Joseph Leota, Ertgrull (congrats for your IPA mention), James Kazan, etc. etc.. I`m so sorry this week I`m being pretty unfair because there are many others I like, too. Amongst them, some old posters that are inspiration for me every week.
    See you tomorrow... I have my Halloween pic ready for posting!

177. Still time before tomorrow...
    These threads never let me down, always a joy to look through all the images! The ten photos that especially captured my eye for different reasons in this thread were photos by Rene' V., Sanford G., Hamish G., Louis M., Ertugrul K., Jeannean, Todd P. (the caption was way too funny!), Phil E., Paul T. & Melissa P (hilarious capture!). And the rest of the bunch, I enjoyed every photo here!
    And thank you for your kind words to Maurice, Oskar, MS Keil, B M Mills, Benjamin, Joseph & Jeannean!
    See you soon!

178. Very fast before the thread closes I wish to thank those kind enough to mention my flower & bee shot. So thank you to Dieter, Alex, Kevin Cassar, Benjamin Schaefer, Dan South & Joe Leotta.
    I'm afraid that I'm facing time constraints & the potential of the thread closing while I write & I really should be post processing as I have nothing ready to present. My horse is ill & I've been dealing with that, the vet & medications for the last few days....
    Due to time constraints I will mention a few, in this wonderful group of photos, which seem to stand out to me. I feel very strongly for....
    So without further ado...
    Joe Leotta, Hamish, Ertugrul, Eddy Furlong, Jeannean, Francesco, Richard Armstrong, Jens, Dieter Schaefer, Matt Laur, Thomas Burden, Roberta, James Kazan, Chanh Nguyen, Benjamin Schaefer & Melissa Papaj
    The thread is filled with wonderful captures & there are so many talented people here. Unfortunately time is not on my side..... Know I've looked at the thread many times & always enjoy all the shots.
    And where is Chris, Alastair & Ton??? I've not seen either of them for weeks....
    Lil - who just has to find something to process now.....

179. Thank you to Lil, Janne, Joseph, Richard K., René, Benjamin, Aaron B, Douglas, Kevin and MS Kiel for taken the time to comment on my photo. Beautiful photos from everyone. The one I looked at longest this week was Epp B's cyclist. Something really appealing about the colors, the angle and the mood. See you all soon......

180. Thank You to those who commented on my photo!
    Joseph Leotta- Graet New England feel.
    Lil- Love the soft colors, hope your horse is feeling better.
    Dan South- Captures the feel of NYC that people don't want to acknowledge.
    Roberta- Nice landscape.
    Jeannean- Nice shot, kind of scary looking.