Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #52

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hi, Nikon folk. Last Wednesday of 2010! Have I really started 52 Wednesdays since my first? Impossible! Another grateful nod to Jose Angle, who started this fine tradition, and kept it up for so long.<br /><br />I normally try to post an image from the current week, but I'll take the occasion of looking back on the year to go back farther, and share one taken with an older Nikon film body. I wasn't yet digital in 2003 when I photographed an unknown (to me) tall drink of water and his Weimaraner about to head into the field at a hunt test. It was an early, foggy morning, and the handsome team's bearing caught my eye.<br /><br />Seven years later, I got an out of the blue e-mail from the fellow's girlfriend, asking to buy a print. His treasured canine companion had just died of old age, and she was shopping for a photo of his favorite breed to give him as a gift. And with the entire internet to search, she stumbled across this shot, of him, with that same beloved champion dog in his prime. I re-scanned the neg, printed on fine art paper, and delivered a framed version she could present to him as a Christmas surprise. Let this be a lesson: tag your photos when you show them online - you never know who will find them, and what it might do for someone's spirits.<br /><br />A happy new year to you all, and here's hoping you're looking back on - and forward to - a year of enjoyable photography. I hope you'll share one more shot with us, this last week of the year.</p><div>00XvjA-315339584.jpg.6f174461a7127f6ec3fb549bd104588d.jpg</div>

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>I haven't been able to post for a while, but have enjoyed checking in each week and seeing what my fellow photographers are seeing and posting.<br /> This week my contribution is a whimsical photograph taken of my son and the mountain of gifts we moved to the den for unwrapping. I found the perspective amusing, and selected this shot (out of dozens that I took) because I like my son's expression...not only is he looking at the gifts, but he appears to be rubbing his hands in greedy anticipation. :-)<br /> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.</p>

<p>Matt, this is a great story. I started photographing dogs as a more or less regular hobby after an old gentleman in the forest where I walk my dog told me that his old dog had died, but that he had posted on the refrigerator <br />a 4x6 of the dog I had shot and smiled each time he looked at it. It sure made more sense than a lot of things I'd done in my life. Here is one more dog.</p><div>00XvkO-315375684.jpg.7e01ca04448ddef2d3021b13e56a21dd.jpg</div>