Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #47

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Wednesday, Nikonistas, and here's hoping everyone - here in the States, anyway - is going to have a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving day this week (or, "Canon Thursday," as it's now called). Personally, I'm thankful for how well something turned out just the other morning. Despite every fiber of my being warning me not to do it, I got talked into photographing an actual human baby. We only had a half an hour or so, starting at 7:00AM... and it was a gray, misting, dark and somber morning... and of course Mom wanted Baby in the autumn leaves. And yet, it all actually worked out. I was having some fun dragging the shutter to capture some leaf movement, and the baby was glad to oblige. Mom's happy, the baby's happy, and thus, <em>I'm</em> happy (and relieved - whew!). Happy Thanksgiving!</p><div>00XjpN-305227584.jpg.b6df514a807d790ac251f7cc09f61cf2.jpg</div>

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Happy Wednesday to everyone. Hope everybody has an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving holiday.</p>

<p>I've been laboriously scanning and post processing some old negatives recently, since work and school have been keeping me pretty well occupied during the daylight hours. This is a shot from a shoot back in 2005 or so at an old derelict creamery building back in my hometown of Starkville, MS. There was a lot of interesting looking equipment left there to rust. The building was torn down to make way for some condos about 2 weeks after I took these pictures. The condos never came to fruition, by the way. </p><div>00Xjpi-305237684.jpg.43f1f120457c6d43841856d2e89cb2a8.jpg</div>

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>it's been quite some time since I participated in the Wednesday thread, but had a chance to do so this week. This is a macro shot of a hand-blown glass globe my wife had placed on the dining room table. I was intrigued by the bubbles and the deep blue colors. No saturation was added - you're seeing what the camera sensor recorded.</p><div>00Xjpp-305239684.jpg.fbaccd059ccda9ebdd7a0bd33aedc387.jpg</div>

<p><strong>WedNEsDAy PiC #47</strong><br /><strong></strong><br />Six! This ball was hit out of the park, the second of two consecutive sixes. To have a batsman hit a six in cricket is like having a batter in baseball hit a home run – it rarely brings a smile to the bowler (cricket) or pitcher (baseball) but it does excite the crowd.</p>

<p>Camera: Nikon D300<br />Lens: AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor 70-200 mm f/2.8G IF-ED + TC-20E III<br />Settings: 400 mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.6 and ISO 200 (AP, monopod, UV filter)</p><div>00Xjpr-305239584.thumb.jpg.bc9d0426fead6d22b0283cea1ede7237.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday, everyone! <br>

A couple of days ago I took my D90 and Nikkor 70-200 mm and went to the Asilomar Beach planning to photograph dogs -- usually there are many of them in late afternoon. I brought home no decent dog pictures; instead, I tried to photograph a rather spectacular sunset.</p><div>00Xjpw-305243584.jpg.2d6feb2fc6543a299066e83014e74094.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings all - some great images today, I cannot wait to see the rest!<br /> This one comes from last Wednesday -a view from Suite Level at the XCel Energy Center in St. Paul Minnesota. With some 16,000 fans looking on as the Anaheim Ducks took on the Minnesota Wild. The Wild won in OT. </p><div>00XjqB-305251584.JPG.a14356d29d23d153c2ef5de9935879fa.JPG</div>

<p>Hello everyone...<br /><br />I took this photo at the London Jazz Festival on Saturday. It's held every year for two weeks and it's a good opportunity to listen to some established acts like Herbie Hancock and also a few up and coming ones like Arun Ghosh Sextet. This is a photo from the later's performance on Saturday.<br /><br /></p><div>00Xjqg-305261584.jpg.b8285747e60fe0d2dec8da86754db56e.jpg</div>

<p>Here's one taken a few years ago in Yokohama, Japan, aboard the 1930 motor ship HIKAWA MARU, berthed in permanent retirement since 1960. Taken on a rainy November day with my Nikon D80 & Nikon 18-70mm DX AF-S ED Zoom lens, ISO 400. Processed in NX2 with corrections to white balance and exposure.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Xjqu-305267584.JPG.4ef4f0b3fe0e8e7a2b09281c04c5a48d.JPG</div>