Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #15

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by uplandlife, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Important: please keep your image under 700 pixels wide for in-line viewing, and please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).

Are you new to this thread? The general guidelines for these WedNEsDAy PiC threads are right here. Remember: only one image each week!​
    Happy Wednesday, Nikonville. I'll try not to over-do the bird dogs, but it's spring training season for the upland dogs, and I love to be out photographing them while the weather's still nice and cool.

This shot had me out on a foggy gray morning chasing around after a gray-as-the-fog Weimaraner while he looked for the quail his owner had put down in a muddy farm field. She ran for half an hour, and unerringly found the trainer's bird bag (complete with another live quail) hanging right where he left it.

She went on point like a good girl, and was a statue until her handler showed up to send her back into the field for something more challenging. She obviously thought a bird in the bag was worth - just like the saying - two in the bush.

Did you take it easy this last week, or did you pick up your Nikon gear and go looking for something more challenging yourself? Share a photo!
    00WEUL-236369584.jpg

2. Happy Wednesday all. This week's image was taken at a private house in Dallas, Texas. One of the most amazing gardens I have ever seen. Oh, what money can buy.
    00WEUT-236369884.jpg

3. Happy Wednesday to all! Here's my pic for this week.
    00WEUV-236370684.jpg

4. I know it's time post my Wednesday photo of the week during the first commercial break of "Lost" on Tuesday night. Nikon D300, ISO 1600, 18-200 Nikkor zoom.
    00WEUX-236369984.jpg

5. bmm

bmm

Hi all - getting in early today.
    A simple shot from a recent trip to South Australia. I was playing around with the reflection of an old/ruined wooden pier in the sand at Willunga Beach.
    00WEUY-236370084.jpg

6. Cherry Blossom Festival: Little Tokyo/Los Angeles Ca.
    00WEUZ-236370284.jpg

7. Pictures within the picture
    00WEUa-236370184.jpg

8. Happy Wednesday! Already several great photos.
    I made mine on Saturday during the Good Olde Days fair in Pacific Grove, CA
    00WEUc-236370584.jpg

9. Happy Wednesday everyone!
    This week’s submission is taken from Monterey Bay. Hope you will like it.
    00WEUf-236370484.jpg

10. I’m still really only having time to do Reversed Macros at home. Too many pets & with Kyrie being a puppy & now a third horse I’m really busy from morning to night.
    This was shot a few days ago. I happen to love how it turned out, as I again played with focus point & dof. It’s what I hoped for & I love the tones of this one.
    So – another Reversed Macro shot with the D300 & the legendary 50mm f/1.2 AiS reversed. ISO 400, Manual metering, on board flash as fill, f/16, MF, handheld, 1/320s. The flower is an annual, a Osteospermum. It came down to either a flower or a spider. I opted for a flower again.
    I hope you'll enjoy. :)
    [​IMG]

11. I had a nice spring bloom shoot today at Elizabeth Park in Hartford, CT...or as my friends like to call it 'Her other home'...
    00WEUr-236371584.jpg

12. Happy Tuesday from Seattle! Great images so far.
    Bogdan, yours really tells so many stories and very well captured. There is a richness to film I don't know if I have ever seen in digital.
    My contribution was from a recent shoot with a friend. A couple of technical issues here, but I liked this one, because I think that it captured her spirit...that's what it's all about anyway, right?
    00WEUx-236371784.jpg

13. I've been remolding a house in a very expensive neighborhood. All the homes have over 1 acre of land and are worth up to 6 million. Several mornings around the same time I would hear and see 3 Geese fly over the house I was at honking up a storm. We don't have too many Geese in Florida. I was wondering what lake near by they were coming from. I was hoping one day to find them and get to photograph them. Monday morning as I drove through the neighborhood I spotted them out on a small lake. I turned around and parked grabbed my camera and jumped a small fence and started to sneak up on them. Well they stayed around long enough for me to get several nice shots of them. The hunt is as rewarding as the capture. D3, 80-400 VR, 270 mm, F/10, 1/400 sec, ISO 640 Shot in raw pp Photoshop Elements.
    00WEV8-236373584.jpg

14. Hi everyone
    A photo from Germany. This bridge is a very plain bridge but the lines of it attracted me
    00WEVA-236373684.jpg

15. WedNEsDAy PiC #15

The chip shot at ground level. My camera was about 1.5 m from the club face at the point of impact. Manual focus was used. After many attempts this was the best result. Even though the shots were “low speed” I never felt comfortable.
    Camera: Nikon D300
    Lens: AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200 mm f/2.8G IF-ED
    Settings: 200 mm, 1/400 sec, f/4 and ISO 200 (Manual, hand held, VR off)
    00WEVL-236375584.jpg

16. Good Wednesday morning for everybody! (It is 7.35 AM in here.) Already a fine and varied collection in this thread. The first images that caught my are are Bill`s, Bogdan`s and Paula`s, even though I liked so many others too. Because I`m on a tight schedule right now, I must return to this page at a proper time and comment many others.
    My humble snap arrives from the last spring, hence our spring is way behind the images that are posted in here and for example the lakes are still ice covered. To me, I have had quite enough of the ice and snow and wanted to post something bright and full of spring. Here it goes, hope you guys and gals like it. :)

17. [​IMG]Visiting Angkor Vat, in Cambodja, I came across this colourful wedding party, in traditional dress, and I could not resist the opportunity...
    Ninon D80, Nikkor VR 18-200 at 27mm, f:10, 1/400, ISO 400[​IMG]
    00WEVV-236379584.jpg

18. Lil, you're going to hear this a lot in this thread, but that is a spectacular photo. The focus, the colors, the water drops...all of it jaw dropping. Your patience with the macro technique is really starting to pay off.
    Um, ok so now that I got that out of my system, time for my photo. Did a lot of shots of colliding water, you know the really common stuff where it flattens out and everything. Those were cool and all, but my real faves were the shots where something other than flat splashes occurred, like this one. To me, I see two boxers slugging it out.
    00WEVX-236379684.jpg

19. A fairly mundane photo, but an amazing animal.
    One of a pair of Snow Leopards at the Rare Breed Conservation Centre in Kent, England. An interesting place to visit.
    Adey
    00WEVr-236383684.jpg

20. Hi everyone,
    Been away a few weeks traveling for biz. Was in Seattle, Washington last week and found time to visit the Space Needle. Built for the 1962 Seattle World's Fair, it stands over 500-feet tall, with a rotating restaurant and indoor/outdoor observation decks. Took many shots of the city and sunset over the Cascade Mountains, but also got some cool shots of the needle from below at dusk.
    00WEVy-236383584.jpg

21. Steven Ford - - Thank you so very much. I'm thrilled you like the shot. :)

22. No traffic on an L.A. freeway! I couldn't resist. Taken with a Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter.
    00WEW7-236385584.jpg

23. Hello Everybody,
    firstly thank you Vineet and Tiffany for your comments on my photo last week.
    My contribution this week is from a photo-shoot I had on Saturday, I was photographing Laura (an aspiring model), we did few set-ups and when she was changing between shots, I saw her beautiful tattoo and asked her to pose for me for some impromptu shots. I liked the photos very much and she did too.
    Have a lovely week everybody.
    Nikon D700, 70-200 mm, f/2.8@ISO 200, 1/125s, f/7.1
    00WEW9-236385684.jpg

24. Three faves so far, Lil's macro and Jennifer's flower as well as Greg's golf ball shot.
    Not much time for shooting this week - busy remodeling the living room.
    This shot was created with the D300 and 80-400 VR at 400mm, ISO 250, 1/640s, f/5.6, -1/3 EV.
    00WEWC-236385784.jpg

25. Happy wednesday, my friends !
    00WEWD-236385884.JPG

26. Happy wednesday, this is one of the first pictures I took with my D80, actually it was number 69, taken in the Asakusa district of Tokyo.
    I liked Greg Kowalczewski's photo very much, great timing and very sharp.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D80 with 18-135mm kitlens @135mm 1/125 f/5.6

27. What a beautiful bunch of Photos, and the day is just started. Thanks to those that commented last week. I am going to come back later and hope to see all of the work today.
    This is an abandoned house for more than 13 years that I know of. It has been around for more than 100 years. I wanted to do it justice and I hope I am even close.
    00WEWJ-236387684.jpg

28. I saw her snapping pix of her friends with a Polaroid. My first thought: "Hipster!" But I said something dumb like "You don't see that every day" as I lifted my D2H, still walking. She laughed. I snapped the shutter. Didn't really expect it to turn out since I was walking while shooting.
    D2H, 18-70 DX, f/8 and be there.
    00WEWK-236387584.jpg

29. Happy Wednesday, all! This was taken while on a recent trip to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park to check out the wildflowers. I didn't know what it was at the time, but this plant fascinated me. Further research leads me to believe it is a desert lily that hasn't bloomed yet. Taken with a D700 and Nikkor 24-70 lens.
    00WEWL-236387784.jpg

30. acm

acm

Hi Nikonians! One and a half hours and already most posted thread! Enthusiasm of Nikonians is really commendable. Today's contribution from me is a shot taken about 4 days back. A cow grazing in a private garden.
    00WEWP-236387884.jpg

31. Thank you Lil and Matt for your comments last week.
    My shot is taken at midnight on Sunday night. Recent solar activity has given us some fantastic evening light-shows.
    00WEWf-236389684.jpg

32. Wow! a vibrant start yet again...
    This week's submition is a pano from 7 images. The scene is from Safranbolu, a UN world heritage site in the Black Sea region.
    D80 18-200@24mm iso100 f8.0 aparture priority+ polarizer. raw files stacked and processed in PS.
    Cheers.
    Durukan
    00WEWi-236389784.jpg

33. A rose periwinkle after the rain.
    00WEWr-236391584.JPG

34. Happy Wednesday everybody! Nice pictures already and two that caught my eye:
    Bogdan Nicolescu - really nice feeling in this pic, beautiful B&W tones.
    Jana Hughes - very good posé that works great with the tattoo, nice tones too and beatiful shot

My pic is taken from our neighbours dog that my kids fed with withered flowers.
    Nikon D200 + AF Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ED (1/60s, f2.8, 80mm, ISO200)
    [​IMG]

35. A simple shot of our local country church, taken in the morning.
    00WEX6-236393584.jpg

36. Hooray!! Spring is here!
    I like every part of the year, but the spring is something special. Fresh air, scented with life and expectations. Small bursts of color!
    00WEXA-236393684.jpg

37. my contribution this week is off a rocketship located at the NASA Ames research facility in mountain view, CA. it was used to transport aliens to and from the moon before we got the improved reverse engineered tech at Area 51. nikon d300, tamron 17-50.
    00WEXE-236395584.jpg

38. Thanks to those who commented on my photo last week!
    This week I didn't do too much, but I got some new IR filters to play around with and since the day is now longer than the night here it was fairly easy to go out and take some hand held IR shots.
    In the shot, the river flows into a shallow bay. As can be seen, the flow of water (which is quite heavy due to the melting snow, causing the foam) has taken away most of the ice, but some fishermen still stand at the edge of the ice trying to catch something. In visual light it was heavily overcast and the water has a solid brown color due to all the mud and dirt that the strong flow is bringing with it, but in IR and a little photoshopping the color scheme gets a whole new look.
    00WEXQ-236397584.jpg

39. [​IMG]The image is one of new spring bud near my house captured yesterday afternoon. I did a fill flash on it. Here in Quebec (Rive Sud) it is no longer winter but too early for spring as temperatures dipped to just about freezing last night. I am waiting for the tulips to see if i can find a new angle.
    00WEXh-236401584.jpg

40. Already a ton of fantastic photos! My contribution is something on the abstract side - a sunset taken at 38,000 ft.
    D700 with a Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens, ISO 3200 1/8s 24mm @ f/3.5
    [​IMG]

41. [​IMG]
    I always look forward to the beautiful pictures I see here every wednesday.
    Here's a picture of my son at his game on Sunday.
    I use my Nikon D80 with a 50mm F1.4, shot at ISO 800

42. Good Wednesday morning for everybody! Already a fine and varied collection in this thread. The first images that caught my attention, are Bill`s, Bogdan`s, Phil`s, Mike`s and Paula`s, even though I liked so many others too. Because I`m on a tight schedule right now, I must return to this page at a proper time and comment many others.

My humble snap arrives from the last spring, hence our spring is way behind the images that are posted in here and for example the lakes are still ice covered. To me, I have had quite enough of the ice and snow and wanted to post something bright and full of spring. Here it goes, hope you guys and gals like it. :) - And yes, this is actually a third attempt to post an image into this thread as I have managed to mess the first two postings somehow... (Sorry for causing more job for the moderators!)
    00WEXs-236405584.jpg

43. Good morning Nikonians,
    if you're thinking about spring feelings, here we go - have been snuggling with the tulips in my garden recently.
    D700 and 105/2.8 micro.
    [​IMG]

44. Memorial to the victims of the Washington, DC sniper shootings in 2002. Brookside Gardens, Aspen Hill, MD. The location of the memorial is within a few miles of several of the shootings.
    The inscription on the horizontal stone is:
    "Linger here and reflect on those lost to violence.
    Hope for a more peaceful world.
    Seek a reverence for life among all people."
    The left, vertical stone lists the names of the victims; the right has a short description of the incident.
    The three images were taken within a few minutes of each other this past weekend, around sundown.
    Tom M.
    00WEXy-236407584.jpg

45. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

An orchid from the Vietnamese New Year Flower Festival
    [​IMG]
    00WEY7-236409584.jpg

46. Happy WedNEsDAy to one and all ~ Flowers - Flowers Everywhere! This week I tried something a little different. I used my 105 Macro & tried a Granite Tile for Reflection. Of all the shots, I liked this the best. Have a wonderful week!
    00WEYG-236411684.jpg

47. Weds already? Off Duty...D700 , 24-70 [​IMG]

48. Nikon D700, Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 @ f/22, ISO 100, Broncolor Boxlite 40 in a Grafit A4 power pack.
    00WEYc-236417584.jpg

49. Nice shots so far.
    Here is mine taken during the Paris-Roubaix bicycle race last sunday with 24-70@24 + polarizer.
    [​IMG]

50. Sorry sorry, very little time, just a spare minute to post, and I'll have to wait half a week to suck up the litres of inspiration I get from this thread...
    [​IMG]
    D300, Ai 24 f/2.8
    1/640th, f/8, ISO200

51. I have been enjoying reading some 1950's and 1960's cycling magazines. They are full of quiet lanes, touring routes and stories of cafe and pub stops. The photographs of lanes and junctions are of a special style and are not of the type I see elsewhere. Inspired by these I went out to see if I could re-create a similar scene. I used my F3, 43-86mm Ai and Fuji 200 film (as opposed to the Rollei used by most cyclists of the time) and found a typical scene. I toned it a little to give it a more nostalgic feel. My quote from the 50's for this is:
    "At the Felden junction the thirsty cyclist has a enviable choice of turning right to The Red Lion and their local ales or continuing ahead to The Bell, where hospitality for the weekend cyclist is assured".
    00WEYt-236419584.jpg

52. ISO 400....28mm....F/8....1/500sec
    00WEYu-236419684.jpg

53. Another one from last week, in Paris.
    Best regards
    00WEYz-236421584.jpg

54. I recently spent some time in Hawaii, I really like it there...[​IMG]
    00WEZ1-236421684.JPG

55. D700, 85mm f/1.4 AF-D, ISO 1600, 1/80 @ f/2.5, diffuse window light.
    00WEZ7-236423584.jpg

56. bms

bms

Happy Wednesday - thanks for all the nice comments last week! I will look through here later, now I gotta hurry to work...
    I was at a meeting of very bright German medical students last weekend who presented their research. "Braniacs" so to speak, no (pictoral) pun intended :)
    00WEZ8-236423684.jpg

57. Happy WeDNeSDaY!
    Incredible! I'm finally home! I left on March 28 at midnight and came back this afternoon! I've been driving and flying all over Japan but finally all my costumers are gone and is time to relax. I won't have to work any more until October! :)
    There are really nice shots already! Congratulations everyone.
    Mine is a shot of a place I stopped to smoke a cigaret on the way to Kyoto. I haven't seen blue skies like this in a long time. It was taken with my new D700 and AFS 24 f/1.4 which by the way, I dropped from the door of an airplane and went down the stairs all the way to the concrete floor. Amazing, the camera had just one tiny scratch and the hood of the lens another. The set works perfectly after such a fall. It is NOT a nice feeling seeing your brand new equipment rolling down stairs! Don't try it at home... or any where else! :)
    Cheers!
    00WEZE-236425584.jpg

58. Woah... There're definitely a bunch of shots this week that made me stop and stare!
    Aguinaldo de Paula: What great light!
    Mike C: Superb - Simply superb!
    Phil Burt: Great stuff! I love the light - not sure if that's induced in post - but still, fantastic image!
    Lil Judd: Its been said before, but here it is again - fantastic shot!
    Dieter Schaefer - Great light and composition!
    Tiffany Brook: I love how you've overpowered the ambient and made her look like she's glowing...
    B M Mills: Lovely!
    I've had a fairly unproductive week myself, just didn't feel the drive to go out there and shoot. Last weekend I went out to Dunedin's famous, and beautiful Railway Station for a night shoot - and did some fun stuff with the row of lights on the platform.
    Thanks!

00WEZF-236425684.jpg

59. Osprey portrait taking at the everglades. I don't thing it liked me being there.
    Using my old D1X with a 600/4 and TC-17E
    f8@ 1/250 sec
    00WEZN-236427584.jpg

60. Good Morning WedNEsDAy :)
    My contribution is from past week, when I was playing with the flash. I tried off hot-shoe flash as a slave with built-in flash as master but did not work out the way I was expecting. I tried mounting it as a hot shoe flash and few of the results which I liked. This is one of them.
    I hope you all like it. There are few smudges from the table dust/reflection and I need to make sure that entire fruit is sharp next time.
    Nikon D90
    Tamron 90mm
    Exposure Time = 1/60"
    F Number = F8
    ISO = 400
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Ray G

61. Good morning!
    Thank you to those who commented on my Dragon from last week. This shot is from spring break at Hollywood, Florida. It is with my D300 and my trusty 18-200 mm VR "travel" lens. It was at f8, 1/400 sec, iso 200, 18 mm.
    Have a fine week!
    Dick
    00WEZT-236429584.jpg

62. A tidal pool from a trip a couple of weeks ago
    00WEZY-236429684.jpg

63. Some more portrait lighting practice.
    Cheers
    00WEZZ-236431584.jpg

64. Still enjoying the sites of spring. Happy Wednesday!
    00WEZo-236433584.jpg

65. Wow, plenty of great shots already in this thread! The photos that really caught my eye are by Bogdan Nicolescu, Jeff Lipsman, Dieter Shaefer, Mike C and Vineet Rajasekhar.
    My contribution was shot at last week's Metalmayhem, again at the KiFF club in Aarau, Switzerland.
    Nikon D700 at ISO 2000, 70-200/2.8 VR, 1/125s @ f/2.8, RAW processed and color-corrected in Adobe Lightroom 2, removed a mic stand from the top-left corner in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
    00WEa9-236437584.jpg

66. Nice pix everyone. Here is one taken from Point Loma (San Diego, CA): a collection of wild flowers with the Cabrillo Lighthouse in the background.
    00WEaS-236439584.jpg

67. Happy Wednesday to All!!! I am sooooo glad that SPRING is here and flowers of all shapes and sizes are beginning to bloom everywhere. This weeks photo was taken last Wednesday and is of a Pansy that is sitting out on our back deck. I haven't had a chance yet to look thru this weeks submissions, but I'm sure that it will be a fun and inspiring journey later on in the day.
    00WEaY-236441584.jpg

68. Happy Wednesday everybody, and I hope this post finds you all well. My shot this week is another sign of spring here in NJ. Just a simple wild flower popping up in the corner of my yard, so I went and grabbed the Nikon with old Tamron 28-80 SP for a few quick shots. Enjoy. For some reason, I can never post the corrected shot, but you'll get the idea ;)
    00WEao-236443584.JPG

69. It's only 6:30 AM here and there are already so many delightful photos up!
    Lil....stunning macro!
    Juho...Terrific dog sho!
    Mike C....now that's an impressive airplane picture!
    My photo this week was taken at my favorite pizza place in St. Louis, MO....Dewey's Pizza. It has one of those windows where you can watch them making the pizzas. I'm always right up there with the grandkids!!!!
    00WEau-236447584.jpg

70. I took this last Sunday at a lagoon near Lake Michigan here in Milwaukee.
    00WEb5-236447784.jpg

71. As a child the fairground was one the highlights of the year. As an adult I strolled around the small fairground in my neighborhood, and basically it was kind of sad. Maybe I getting old, but I guess this particular fairground has lost its attraction to most people around here.
    D700 85mm 1.4 AIS 1/80 sec F8.0 ISO1000
    00WEb8-236447684.jpg

72. The birds were a real thrill in Everglades National Park, first week in April. On the Anhinga Trail, in the first 100 yards, we find... what else?... Anhinga. This is a male in breeding plumage (the green eye-ring and scruffy neck).
    [​IMG]
    Anhinga, Male, Breeding Plumage, Everglades N.P. -- Nikon D300, 300mm f/4 EDIF-AF lens, monopod, polarizer

73. I love this. Some awesome pics here.
    Here is a pic of my son playing at the beach....
    00WEbS-236451584.jpg

74. Another picture from the pet show I went last week.
    D3s+Zeiss 100mm ZF.2 Makro Planar; f/4, 1/100s, ISO4000
    [​IMG]

75. Happy Wednesday everyone. Enjoy the great photos from around the world. Mine is another close to home pic at our local Dodge Park taken with Nikon D300 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens.
    00WEbc-236455584.jpg

76. Great stuff, as always! I'll come back a little later to comment. For now, here's my shot this week. For those outside the USA, our tax paperwork is due on April 15.
    00WEbg-236455684.jpg

77. Hello All
    Last week while visiting Recoleta Cementry, here in Buenos Aires. Statue of a mother and child with climbing plants
    D300 +18-200 VR@18mm - f 3.5 - ISO 500 - 1/200 Sec.
    00WEbj-236455884.jpg

78. Happy Wednesday to all of you. In a trip to Scottsdale, Arizona, I went hiking at the Pinnacle Peak mountain and I saw this rare Gila Monster. My first time shooting wild animal. He was out for few seconds. So excited, I didn't realize the flower in front. Still in the process of learning composition
    00WEbm-236457584.JPG

79. Good Wednesday to everyone. Great shots already.
    This past weekend I took a photography class on flowers. We went to Longue Vue Gardens to photograph the beautiful flowers that are blooming on these 4 acres in the midst of the city. It was so peaceful, and quiet, like stepping into another world.
    While others were taking grand landscape type photos, I found myself on the ground with the lens as close as I could get to the flowers or trying to chase some bug to get a picture. Help, I can't get away from shooting macro!!!
    00WEbt-236459584.jpg

80. "Out of the dark"
    00WEc3-236461584.jpg

81. Good day everyone...I'll be back on to comment later tonight.
    Not much time to shoot this week...but got a few good ones of the Southern Maine Rebels during warm-ups. Here's my favorite:
    00WEcJ-236463784.jpg

82. Seeing that nasty eagle of Rick's, I to will contribute with a nasty bird.
    I fight with this little friendly guy every time, daily, it has to be put away for the night, (the fox).
    Happy Wednesday everybody.
    00WEcX-236465684.jpg

83. Rufous Hummingbird. D200, 300mm.
    00WEcZ-236465584.jpg

84. Thanks to those offering kind words last week. As always, there are a number of great shots. Here is my contribution for this week.
    Male Painted Bunting.
    00WEcb-236467684.jpg

85. Squirrels are generally quite anti-social animals when it comes to human interaction.
    This one jumped up on my fence post less than 6 feet from me before he noticed
    "Hey, you're a human; I'm outta' here"
    I was lucky to squeeze off two shots before he ran off.
    Had to switch to manual focus quickly since this lens is notorious for back-focus at close range AF.
    Nikon D-300. 80-200 AF-D @ 200mm
    00WEci-236467584.jpg

86. thanks to all the contributors to this thread, who make wednesdays something to look forward to every week. here's my offering:
    00WEcw-236469784.jpg

87. WoW! Another wIlD and WoNDerFUl WeDNesDaY! Seems like I wasn't the only in a macro frame of mind this week. This is a shot of the centimeter-long blossoms on the blueberry bushes in my garden, once again taken with my late father-in-law's vintage extension tubes and the E-series 50mm lens from the Nikon EM he bought my wife's mother in an ultimately unsuccessful effort to get her into photography.
    I'll be back with comments on the spectacular offerings later in the day, but I can already tell this is going to be a great thread...
    PR
    00WEdG-236473584.jpg

88. Hello folks
    Some amazing photographs this week. My submission was taken this past week at Cape May where the bay meets the ocean. Three fisherman relaxing and enjoying the solitude. It was a foggy afternoon..no polarizer with me....
    Nikon D700, 70-200mm 2.8 VRll shot at 200mm, 2.8, 1/2000 sec, low iso
    00WEdb-236475584.jpg

89. Another shot of the cherry blossoms from the tidal basin.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D40, 35mm f/1.8 at 35mm, f/16, 1/80s and ISO 200

90. Photo taken in Zions National Park last week, Kolob area. Nikon D300 Sigma 17-50 lens
    [​IMG]
    00WEdu-236477584.jpg

91. Hello everybody
    My picture for this week is the macro of a small bee on a pollen. Shot using 55mm f/2.8 Micro & extension tube mounted on a D700.
    regards
    Issac
    00WEdy-236477684.jpg

92. Spring is springing here. For this weeks contribution I am posting a picture of baby blooms in a front yard taken a couple weeks ago in a small town called Niagara on the Lake. It's a quaint town in Southern Ontario, near the US NY border. This town hosts a playwright's festival named after George Bernard Shaw. Hence the name of the festival, The Shaw Festival. The surrounding region is also home to many wineries, one of three in Southern Ontario. The other two are in and around Lake Eerie and a smaller region East of Toronto in Prince Edward County.
    00WEeL-236479784.jpg

93. First post here
    from my d300 this past saturday
    [​IMG]

94. Spiderwort shot today in a light tent with a D700 and a 55mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor (reversed)
    00WEf9-236483684.jpg

95. First shot of my wife in our new studio - a small apartment with big windows and not much furniture - bright and airy.
    Nikon D80 with Nikkor 28mm F/2.8 at f/3.2 1/160 ISO100 0EV with single ceiling bounced flash.
    Treatment in PS.
    00WEfh-236489584.jpg

96. Happy Nikon Wednesday everyone!
    Tulip back-lighted with window light.
    D300, AF Nikkor 85mm f1.4. Shot - 1/200 sec at f1.4. Lightroom PP
    Spring isn't here yet in Metro-Chicago, thank you to all commercial flower growers.
    00WEfi-236489684.jpg

97. Second attempt at posting.
    00WEh0-236497684.jpg

98. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Elephant seals flip sand onto their back to protect themselves. I found this one doing so just before sunset. Nikon D300 with 200-400mm/f4 AF-S @220mm, f4, 1/400 sec, ISO 200.
    00WEh2-236499684.jpg

99. First time I'm contributing, as I'm new kid on the block.
    Nikon D5000
    Nikkor 50mm F1.4
    ISO 200
    3s F/16
    00WEhA-236499984.jpg

100. Self Portrait Self Portrait Self Portrait
    00WEhL-236501784.jpg

101. Truly a good week, Nikon buddies.
    • Enrique R, Gwen K - alot to like about these shots
    • Paula W, Dieter S, Hamish G, Peter H - you make me want to go there
    My contribution is, well, what it looks like. Handheld from the other end of the gym.
    00WEhU-236503584.jpg

102. D90 with 85mm 1.8 window light
    00WEhf-236505584.jpg

103. Lots of flowers this week!
    Favorites are : Bill and Ofey's. Also like Paula, Tiffany, Francesco and Ramon.
    [​IMG]

104. Great Pictures everyone!
    Comments first:
    Tiffany Brook - Great portrait. I agree, it's all about capturing people as they really are!
    Jana Hughes - Great composition on this image. The image is very graceful, yet powerful with the Tiger tattoo.
    Aguinaldo de Paula - I love the way the light is falling in this image. Great shot.
    Richard Armstrong - I really like that I can see your shadow in this shot, it makes me feel like I'm there shooting the picture myself.
    Tim Holte - I really like the color in this image.
    Ray Szumilas - Your image reminds me of "The Karate Kid"!
    My image is of my son. We did these a few weeks ago to have some easter pics to give to family. He's so active that it's difficult to get a good shot of him! This was one of our favorites that we made wallets out of.
    [​IMG]
    D90 - 17-55 2.8 - SB800 bounced off a nearby wall and a reflector positioned under him. ISO 400
    Post processing in Lightroom2 and PS CS4

105. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Just a quick reminder, when you attach an image to your forum post, for that image to appear in line with the thread, you need to do two things:
    1. You must provide a caption for the image.
    2. The image must be within 700 pixels wide.
    Otherwise, the image will appear as a link.
    And please limit your image size to within 300K bytes. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

106. "My Dad can fix anything" <3 Quick Shot in front of our fence. Added Vignette, played with curves, and softened a bit.
    00WEjV-236519584.jpg

107. White faced monkeys - Costa Rica - jungle.
    00WEjq-236521584.JPG

108. Quick Shot in front of our fence. Added Vignette, played with curves, and softened a bit.

109. Pin . nikon 24 mm f/1.4 @ 1.4 .
    00WEk4-236523584.jpeg

110. Too many inspiring images to mention, as usual! Suffice it to say that if your shot had a flower or a bird or a child or an adult or a landscape or an animal or an inanimate object in it, I loved it. However, here are a few that made me stop and linger and think.
    Narayan Kovvali's yellow flower -- I like the bug's-eye point of view and the bokeh on the house in the background.
    Enrique Rabelo's ninja feet -- great composition and unusual pov
    Lil Judd -- Once again, I'm speechless. Talk about an inspiration to keep trying. Great colors, great focus, great photo.
    Greg Kowalczewski -- You risked your face and an expensive lens to get the shot, but the result is worth it!
    Tom Serio -- Anyone who can make me see the space needle through new eyes has accomplished something.
    Lex (perpendicularity consultant) Jenkins -- "The Polaroid Hipsters" is going on my list of great names for bands.
    Raden Munim -- The lovely isolation of your periwinkle from the background caught my eye.
    Eric Arnold's Rocketship -- Great subject, great caption, great photo.
    Francesco Pessolano's dramatic shot of the Paris-Roubaix classic -- did you work some HDR magic on this one, Francesco?
    Vineet Rajasekhar's mesmerising lights
    Rick Moran -- now THAT's an Osprey!
    Thomas Gerstendoerfer -- As a bassist myself, I really appreciated the intensity of this shot.
    Tim Holte' Lake Michigan goose
    Issac Sam's tiny bee
    Ofey Kalakar's black and white flowers and fence made me dizzy and disoriented, in a good way.
    Jens Frederiksen's handsome rooster. Why do I feel like you risked your face and your lens for this shot, too?
    Doug Santo -- I can't resist a hummingbird; this one is very pretty, and a perfect balance between sharpness and the blur of the wings.
    Jamie Harre -- love how the blur infuses this shot with the feeling of action.
    I'm sure there will be more later, but thanks as always for sharing. This thread has become the highlight of my week...
    PR

111. Hello everyone..
    I didn't take any photos last week and so here's another one from my trip to the Big Cat farm.
    00WEl8-236531584.jpg

112. I know there will be more posted later, but some posted this morning really caught my eye.
    Lil Judd - Great color and composition. Love the droplets on the petals...great shot.
    Phil Butr, Fred Amico, and Erik Christensen...all great shots
    Gej Jones - love the reflection of the rose on granite...excellent choice.
    Rick Moran - Great Shot...it's almost like he's glaring right at you.
    Tim Holte - This may be my favorite so far. I think the goose really completes the shot. Coloring is great, the shore line is beautiful, and the goose in the foreground...perfect.
    Martin Z. - Great composition for this time of year...love it.
    Great photos everyone else. I'll be back later tonight to have another peek.
    RS

113. Radu - thanks. This was the first time I used a 24mm in such a setting ... since normally my family, who picks the spots, went not for corners!

Peter - Thanks. This is not an HDR ... the trick here is rather simple ... I used a polarizer!
    Emilie - Thanks

114. Discovery Green Wall D700 with a Lensbaby Muse using f4
    00WEmP-236541584.jpg

115. Hi everyone!
    First, thanks to Lil & Durukan for your comments in last week's thread!
    And now to this week's pic. I also didn't have much time to shoot this week, so I scanned this shot I took a month or two ago.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon F5 + Sigma 24mm f/2.8 + T-Max 400 + SB-28

116. Hey all- amazing work this time around! A lot of inspiration, no time to point out my biggest favorites so far.
    Thought I'd throw this one in- same shoot as last week, a neighbor was reworking his engine from the ground up, and something about the lighting and his intensity caught my eye. Low light, used a high ISO (hence the noise) but somehow it added to the grit of the scene.
    D3000, ISO 1000, f4 at 1/125
    00WEnG-236545584.jpg

117. Holy Wednesday my dear Nikon colleagues,
    Young lady helping to fix her team mate's hair. Taken during traditional four days long Wandelmars AVD walk 2010 in Paramaribo. That's why I was absent last week.
    You may see more photos from four days;
    46th of AVD Wandelmars Day One - 2010
    46th of AVD Wandelmars Day Two - 2010
    46th of AVD Wandelmars Day Three - 2010
    46th of AVD Wandelmars Day Four - 2010
    Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by and many cheers you to all. Regards,
    Ertugrul
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D AF, Aperture Priority, f/2.8, 1/2500sec, ISO100, ExposureBiasValue -0.67

118. Dog or Pet Studio Portrait with Nikon D3 and 24-70mm lens at 5mm and f8 1/250 sec, ISO 200.
    Off camera Visatec Studio lights.

119. Dog or Pet Studio Portrait with Nikon D3 and 24-70mm lens at 5mm and f8 1/250 sec, ISO 200.
    Off camera Visatec Studio lights.
    00WEpC-236571684.jpg

120. A couple.
    00WEpV-236557584.jpg

121. Bear Mt Bridge.Lower Hudson Valley ,New York State
    00WEpd-236559584.jpg

122. I had the chance to go to the Wednesday practice round of the Masters last week. This is the 13th hole. Taken w\D200 and Tamron 18-270 lens.

123. I love these Wednesday threads! Such beautiful photos to see each week. The following posted ones that really caught my eye:
    Lil Judd
    Bogdan Nicolescu
    Jeff Lipsman
    Greg Kowalczewski
    Mike C
    Tim Holte
    Roberta Davidson
    Mircea C
    Issac Sam
    Emilie Dowd

124. Thanks Alpo, Jamie Harre, and Emilie Dowd for your comments.
    There are so many amazing photos this week. My favorite pictures of the week:
    Lil’s Macro: like the color.
    Aguinaldo de Paula’s Paris: I was at the same spot about 2-3 years ago. Nice composition.
    Rick’s Osprey: very sharp. Good catch.
    Tim Holte’s Lagoon. I like the reflections and the color.
    Martin’s Deadline. I can feel your pain. Funny.
    Paul Howard’s Painted Bunting Bird. Good DOF and sharp bird.
    Gabriel’s Cherry Blossoms: Like the composition.
    Issac Sam’s micro.
    Anish’s Big Cat. Nice capture.

125. Sorry, image is too large and as I'm at work I can't reduce the size.

126. Francesco -- Ah, the old polarizer trick! :) I think my eye was fooled by the combination of the polarized clouds and the reflected light off the bright cobblestones, which brightened up the shadows on the riders shirts and the tires. I thought you might have combined more than one output from a single RAW file, or something -- either way, the result is great! Wish I could have been there!

127. There certainly are a lot of flower shots this week. Spring is definitely in the air. I haven't had much time to get out and shoot lately, and flowers are about the only thing near my apartment that are photo worthy, so here you go... another flower shot.
    00WEsO-236583784.jpg

128. I was taking a walk at my local forest preserve when I came accors these choped down trees by I believe beavers.
    00WEuV-236599684.jpg

129. Although I was not decided to post this pic because I considered it`s below the standards, my wife liked it and convinced me to post. She`s so kind.
    Like Paula Wang, I wanted a bit of seashore... wind, waves, surf; near my car`s trunk in an almost wild beach, D700 on the tripod, 70-200VRII (@ 200mm), f8 - 1/250sec. I was looking for something close to a 3:1 panorama.
    00WEuh-236601684.jpg

130. Better late than never. Air Force One over my house
    00WEum-236603684.jpg

131. Doug, the hummingbird reminds me of a jet setting up for mid-air refueling with a big tanker!

132. f8

f8

On the hunt - Osprey Anhinga Trail Florida Everglades
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D700 - ISO 200 - 1/400 @ f8 - 70-200mm w/1.4x converter set on DX mode for extra reach. Tripod.

133. Brett~ super photo, great comp...

134. f8

f8

Thank you Jennifer! The Everglades was sure alive last week.

135. Swampy farmlands during annual spring flooding gave me a few opportunities to do some waterscape-type photos I've always wanted to try.
    [​IMG]
    D90 @ ISO 100, 134 seconds
    18-55 @ 18mm, f/16
    Most likely 3-5 stops of ND filters piled on (can't remember exactly)

136. Here is mine this week!
    00WF0F-236643584.jpg

137. John Bernard
    Yeah, mid-air refueling with a big flower! Thanks for the comment.
    Doug

138. Too many inspirational photos to comment on. My contribution a water fountain at Grounds for Sculpture in NJ.
    00WF1E-236651584.jpg

139. Wow! So many amazing photos!
    My favorites:
    Marc McCoy - What is clay? Modeling clay? Insane!
    Joseph Gewickey- Super B movie feel- I love it!
    Vineet Rajasekhar- I am obsessed with this!
    Lil Judd- wow! Totally agree with everyone else- amazing!
    Louis Meluso- Super sick; how did you get just one light to light up?

140. So many breathtakingly beautiful pics....keeps me inspired!

141. First post in a while:
    D90
    55-200 lens at 200mm[​IMG]

142. This week’s B&Ws and macros are especially striking…
    Here are the ones I like most (I wonder why these lists are so long!):
    Bill J Boyd’s tulips. Nice Exposure…
    Narayan Kovvali’s flower
    Enrique Rabelo’s Tabi socks
    Bogdan Nicolescu’s photos in photo
    Jennifer Meighan’s Budding…
    Tiffany Brook’s friend
    Greg Kowalczewski’s golf ball
    Jana Hughes’s tiger girl
    Dieter Schaefer’s sunset
    Lex Jenkins’s surprise shot
    Fred Amico’s curvy sand flower
    Mike C’s aerial sunset
    Tom Mann’s memorial sunset
    Aguinaldo de Paula’s parisienne musicians
    Radu Dumitrescu’s climber
    Doug Santo and Paul Howard’s birds
    Issac Sam’s bee
    Scott Murphy’s spiderwort
    Douglas Ely’s tulips
    Shun Cheung’s elephant seal
    Emilie Dowd’s nostalgic perspective
    Anish Mankuthel’s tiger
    Ertugrul Kilic’s help out
    Markku Vihava’s couple in a hurry
    Marc McCoy’s… well… thing
    My Top 5 in alphabetical order:
    Aguinaldo de Paula
    Bogdan Nicolescu
    Issac Sam
    Jennifer Meighan
    Marc McCoy
    BTW I have already captured next week’s contribution and It will be interesting for those who have an eagle eye.

143. Ahhhhhhhhh Wednesday is always a little bit better after viewing all of the inspiring shots from around the world. Ones that caught my eye this week are:
    Lil-Love the colors and the crispness of the details
    Jennifer- I like the delicate green shading.
    Rick- That is one fierce osprey. Nice job.
    Doug and Paul- Two beautiful bird shots!

144. This thread is such a treat every week! Ones that especially struck my fancy:
    • Matt's pointing pic and the story that goes with it. (I'm a sucker for pet photos.)
    • Bill J Boyd's tulips, for the great lighting
    • And speaking of great lighting, Tiffany's gorgeous portrait is an inspiration.
    • Hamish's amazing northern lights
    • Lil's flower macro—it stands out from the flower pic crowd.
    • Jennifer's bud, for its beautiful tones
    • Oskar's fishing image—wonderful colors
    • Francesco's great cycling shot—very cool post-processing
    • Tim Holte's perfect lagoon, maybe my favorite of all this week
    • William's tire guys. I like tire guys.
    • Don's Pet Studio Portrait—very elegant

145. WedNEsDAy PiC #15
    Time has escaped me … I keep promising to write my comments on Friday and be done with … that was five weeks ago. So I must change my ways. I am predominantly a sports photographer but the work of others on this thread has inspired my interest to spread into other areas of photography – and I am very grateful for that.
    I thank Andres Arteaga, Dieter Schaefer, Durukan Payzanoglu and Fred Amico and Peter Rafle acknowledging this week’s golf (chip) shot. Peter, your comment made me laugh because after one ball whizzed past me I really did wonder why I was even attempting the shot – but it was all good in the end. I also thank the following members for their acknowledgements to these earlier shots which I was unable to respond in the weeks that they were made.
    Week # 11 – Issac Sam, Mark Mandell and Richard Karash
    Week # 12 – Kent Shafer and Lil Judd
    Week # 13 – Alpo Syvanen
    Week # 14 – Paul V. Gorky and Peter Rafle
    I wish to acknowledge the shots in weeks gone by (regrettably without comments) and with the usual caveat; there are many more that I should have included …
    Week # 11 – Dieter Schaefer, Ernie T, Filip Lucin, Grant Tanner, Hamish Gray, Issac Sam, Jeff Lipsman, Jill Bingham, Joe Walsh, Jon Eckman, Kent Shafer, Lawrence Ho, Nick Doronin, P Watson, Ray Gosalia, Richard Karash, Roberta Davidson, Shun Cheung, Tony Hadley, Tony Maeller, Wayne Wrights
    Week #12 – Alpo Syvanen, Catalin Hutanu, Dieter Schaefer, Gabriel Hasser, Gej Jones, Jana Hughes, Jonas Fjellstedt, keerthi s r, Kent Shafer, Lawrence Ho, Lil Judd, Matt Laur, Monika Epsefass, Rick Dohme, Rick Moran, Roberta Davidson, Tiffany Brook, Tim Holte
    Week # 13 – Aguinaldo de Paula, Alejandro Held, Bogdan Nicolescu, Chris Court, Dallas McVicker, Daniel Owen, Erik Christensen, Francesco Pessolano, Gej Jones, Georg S, Grant Tanner, Jana Hughes, Jeff Lipsman, Lil Judd, Louis Meluso, Matt Laur, Matthew Brennan, Maurice Orozco, Mikhail Tsypkin, Paula Wang, Rene Villela, Rick Dohme, Rick Moran, Scott Murphy, Tiffany Brook, Tony Hadley, Vineet Rajasekhar
    Week # 14 – Alejandro Held, Alpo Synvanen, Dieter Shaefer, Doug Santo, Gabriel Hasser, Jens Frederiksen, Jose Angel, Lil Judd, Mac Polski, Mark Gordon, Matt Blaze, Matt Laur, Matthew Brennan, Monika Epsefass, Paul Howard, Rick Dohme, Rick Moran, Shun Cheung
    Week # 15 – Finally back on track …
    Dieter Schaefer – Like everything starting with sun highlights on the couple, the soft shadows the fading horizons and of course the colours.
    Doug Santo – Hummers never cease to amaze me. The focus on the eye is perfect as is the classical orientation of this wonderful bird.
    Ertugrul Kilic – A great moment captured.
    Issac Sam – Nice take of the bee in a forest of stamens.
    Jamie Harre – I like the movement, too often we freeze everything.
    Hamish Gray – The colours are unreal. It must have been special to see this let alone capture it.
    Lex Jenkins – So all you need to do is walk around, spot something unusual, hold up your camera and voila! An engaging shot!
    Lil Judd – There were a number of exceptional flower shots this week, but yours is the one that drew most of my attention with its colour, detail and DOF.
    Louis Meluso – Interesting effect.
    Mark Gordon – A nice connection between the flowers and your wife.
    Peter Heritage – Love the undulating green hillside, the detail of the church and the tranquil background. (Sad to hear about your father – mine left me five years ago. He showed me how to live and in the end he showed me how to leave. A part of me went with him).
    Matt Laur – The focus of the dog’s eye on the bag is compelling.
    Raden Munim – I like the different colours against the black background.
    Richard Armstrong – They have certainly laid the carpet out for you. Is that your shadow? (Bottom left).
    I hope everyone has a great weekend.

146. Thanks Greg that was amazing. That would take me 10 hrs to do. :)

147. Fred and Greg, thank you for the comments !

148. Great visual trip with scent of spring.
    Tiffany, Alpo, Juho, Thomas, Fred, Durukan, Greg, thanks for your comments and attention to my photos.
    Mark Gordon: interesting bold framing, nice color match and touchy expression.

149. Nice pictures. I particularly liked the following;

Paul Wang -- pretty, would look good in a large print. The small flowers are nice detail.
    Jennifer Meighan -- nice dreamy mood with a pretty palette.
    Paul B. -- reminds me of pretty winter days.
    Fred Amico -- interesting plant.
    Mike C. -- nice abstract.
    Louis Meluso -- nice bulbs :)
    Francesco Pessolano -- great capture of a moment, the composition is perfect.
    Ian Rance -- very retro and the view looks very English in my impression.
    Lawrence Ho -- That fella has a nice expression :)
    William Pahnelas -- very good environmental portrait
    Kent Shafer -- thanks for your comment. I like how you used DOF in your pic.

150. Dogumentary - Week 3
    Moved the SB-900 to the hot shoe and bounced off the ceiling. Still need ISO 2500 to get fast shutter and thus no blur.
    00WGG0-237261684.JPG

151. Great work, everyone. Another wonderful Wednesday.
    Here are the shots that particularly caught my attention.
    Bill J Boyd, beautiful color and crispness in the tulips.
    Paula Wang, nice surf at Monterey Bay.
    Greg Kowalczewski, I'm a golfer so I know how hard that is.
    Hamish Gray, your night sky with northern lights.
    Tony Hadley, there's a lot going on in your photo of the spring bud.
    Mike C, the sunset over the wing is very nice, abstract, and cool.
    Louis Meluso, the blue flash bulbs, nicely done. Haven't seen these in years!
    Francesco Pessolano, nice bike racing shot.
    Rick Moran, your osprey portrait... Sharp and shows personality. What a hunter!
    Paul V. Gorky, nice yellow flower center.
    Doug Santo, your Rufous Hummingbird is just terrific. Ground to air refueling!
    Paul Howard, a great colorful bird
    Douglas Ely, commercial or not, the flowers are gorgeous.
    Wayne Ervine, welcome aboard! Nice moving water.
    Ofer Sivan, I like the three-way self portrait.
    Jamie Harre, the kids basketball, the face is sharp, everything else says "motion." Nice.
    Chauncey Huffman, nice photo of your son. Great colors. Preppy?
    Janne Kaakinen, your shoe has attitude.
    Jose Angel, your surf photo is excellent. I agree with your wife.
    Brett Higgins, I know that spot! Was there a week ago, but didn't see an osprey.
    Epp B, nice sunset.
    Marc McCoy, nice, but what is it?

152. It's always nice to see that a shot goes over well. Especially when it's one I fell in love with as I shot it. It was great to see it turned out as planned...
    So Huge Thank Yous to;
    Steven Ford (again), Dieter Schaefer, Vineet Rajasekhar, Jeanne Hauschild, Peter Rafle, Richard Snow, Fred Amico, Paula Wang, Jessica Henry, Paul V Gorky, Kent Shafer & Greg Kowalczewski. I sure hope I didn't miss anyone - if I did, please excuse.
    Now to my picks....
    Paula Wang's land/seascape - just lovely with clouds etc.
    Jennifer Meighan - love the dreamy effect
    Rick Dohme - beautiful exposure & love the colors.
    Greg Kowalczewski - great angle & for bravery alone. :-D
    Steven Ford - I wish this was presented larger. Would look much better. Great formation you got.
    Jana Hughes - this is just such beautiful presentation. So soft & harmonious. Excellent pp.
    Dieter Schaefer - great capture. Did you get the light or did you play in pp?
    Paul B - great snow landscape. Very emotional.
    Hamish - great shot of the Aurora Aborialis
    Juho Niva - super cute puppy candid
    Per-Christian - you've brought such joy to my heart this week. Tussilago, the sign the Spring has come. We would always pick these in the Spring & so look forward to their arrival.
    Eric Arnold - looks like some old "Flash Gordon" prop. Too funny.
    Oscar Ojala - neat IR processing
    Mike C - simple, stylistic, & artsy
    Gej Jones - lovely Camellia & reflection
    Francesco Passolano - neat angle
    Aguinaldo de Paula - great shot from the Louvre
    Rene' Villela - you need to hold on to that camera. ;-) Lovely land/seascape
    Vineet Rajasekhar - this shot makes me think of a trumpet. Inventive & artsy
    Rick Moran - beautiful portrait of an Osprey
    Richard Armstrong - neat play with lines & shapes
    Paul V Gorky - lovely macro of the pansy
    Richard Karash - beautiful shot of the Anhinga
    Richard Lanthier - congratulations on meeting a Gila monster in person. You can always clone out that plant.
    Roberta Davidson - beautiful flower shot. I love shooting them from behind as well. love the deep reds you got.
    Jens Frederiksen - that's one mean looking rooster. Great angle.
    Doug Santo - beautiful shot of the Allen's Hummingbird. Well done. I guess the yucca plants are in bloom at the Arboretum again.
    Paul Howard - another beautiful shot of the male Painted Bunting.
    Kevin Delson - love the expression you've caught on the squirrel
    Peter Rafle - lovely detail & so sweet macro
    Ramon Silcox - beautiful landscape. Now I really want to go visit
    Douglas Ely - lovely, so soft & gentle.
    Shun Cheung - great catch of the elephant seal.
    Ofer Sivan - I love the imaginative self-portrait.
    Emilie Dowd - great post processing
    Kirsten Armstrong - super sweet & cute
    Waldemar Griers - great shot. I've seen shots from the Costa Rican jungle, this is the first one that's not take professionally I really like.
    Don Harper - cute look for a portrait.
    Jose Angel - beautiful land / seascape. Very inviting
    Epp B - beautiful landscape
    Mark L Cooper - they're growing. Very cute portrait of the four of them.
    That's it for this time.
    Lil :)

153. Thanks Lil :)

154. Thanks to everyone for the comments. Lil, to answer your question: I got the light; the only processing done to the image was a bit of cloning on the background to eliminate some distracting elements.

155. Thank You! Greg Kowalczewski :)
    Appreciate it, going back on Week #11 and commenting on Images submitted.
    Probably I will submit same model's another image on coming WedNEsDAy, as I haven't found creative idea for this week.

156. Finally had time to look through this thread, great shots again from everyone! I especially liked photos by Lil Judd, Jennifer Meighan, Juho Niva, Eric Arnold, Mike C, Louis Meluso, Vineet Rajasekhar, Tim Holte, Richard Karash, Ofey Kalakar, Ertugrul Kilic, Epp B & Marc McCoy. And thanks to Richard K. for your comment. See you all tomorrow!

157. Lil, Greg, Richard, thank you very much for your comments.

158. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

When I see a lot of "thank you" instead of new images, I know it is about time to close the thread. See you again soon on the next Wednesday.
    For those newcomers who are having problems attaching an image to their post, once again I have explained the procedure in my 2nd post to this thread: http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km