Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #19

jose_angel

<b>Moderator note:</b> (with apologies to Jose for hijacking his first post)<br>

<i>Folks, as moderator I try to keep a very light rein on the Wednesday Pic threads. It's not quite a "No Words" thread but has become a bit wordy at times. For the sake of allowing all to enjoy it equally, let's please choose our words carefully and keep in mind that it isn't a critique thread.<p>

We have sort of opened the door to critiques by commenting somewhat selectively on which photos we particularly like or find appealing to our personal aesthetics. And that's okay. But I'm not sure it will be helpful or in the spirit of the community fostered by these threads to remark on photos that don't appeal to us. So let's keep the Wednesday Pic threads primarily photo related and save the "serious" critiques for the photo.net critique forums.<p>

Thanks - LJ</i>

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Copied from last week...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I<i>`d like to remind you to specify which Nikon equipment you have used on your pic. There is some feedback that some people enjoy and learn more when they know which camera, lens and/or accesories. Some even want exposure info (it can be sometimes checked at the EXIF, thought).<br /> As suggested for better interpretation, from now on this will be the Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC.<br /> Thank you all!!</i></p>

</blockquote>

<p>morning,<br>

this shot was taken on saturday at an old disused slate quarry called Cwmorthin in north wales. we had surprisingly nice weather, the area is known for it's persistant rainfall. this is the old miners chapel.<br>

D200 and sigma 10-20mm.</p><div>00TGxw-132061584.jpg.35b78b2981f93b86be411bf1c7ed1dbf.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, talk about your false starts! Let's hope the rest of the week goes better.</p>

<p>Jose, it looks like your upload had an incorrect extension, the numeral 2 instead of jpg. I was able to display it in an image viewer but something about it seems off.</p>

<p >As head of the climbing club in our area I had the honor of choosing the location for this year’s spring climbing trip. My decision fell on this area, a beautiful coastal settlement, with plenty of rock for us all, offering everything from bouldering to 300m long trad routes. This was the view from our tent on Friday evening, looking slightly northwest, at 65 degrees north, on Norway’s west coast.<br /><br />D300 with Nikon’s 12-24 @ 12mm, ISO 400, f5, 1/1000s. 12bit raw converted in CS4 with the help of a couple of graduated filters. </p><div>00TGy9-132067584.jpg.06556e1ef61ee25486dfe7a5df709d97.jpg</div>

<p>Good morning.<br>

Today is cold and wet, so here is a picture from Sunday.<br>

D700, 24-70 at 32mm, f/22, 1/60s. Used NX2 unsharp mask and Nik software tonal Contrast.</p><div>00TGyM-132071684.jpg.b3b392914be009bd0d023295ea62aa98.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings from Monte Carlo. Really difficult to take a bad shot here because it is so photogenic.</p>

<p>This week's photo is not my best shot but it is interesting to see a helicopter on a yacht. There are many dozens of yachts here. Unfortunately this angle doesn't really help to see the size perspective of this vessel but it is very cool seeing a black helicopter landing on a white yacht......</p>

<p> </p><div>00TGyS-132073784.jpg.3cc813d9c6c0b659b5195a80d6f7070d.jpg</div>

<p>Don`t know what happen... I have tried it again in different ways but the system doesn`t accept the pic (there must be an image quality control system... ;)<br>

I tried it with html (the pic appear in the "confirmation" page but gets wrong after posting), also as attached image, etc. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>It's Wednesday again, time to see some great Nikon-photos! Really looking forward for this weeks pics, great start we have here already!</p>

<p>On this week I finally got to use my new Fuji S5 pro for real. I did a small product shoot for my better half on Friday and the colors from my new Fuji were amazing and the pics turned out great! This pic was taken after the shoot when I started to fool around with the stuff I was shooting. I also put my D80 up for sale, and I seem to be a bit sad to let go of it, but then again, I'm extremely pleased with the S5, so...<br>

But anyway, here's my contribution for this WedNEsDAy PiC-thread. No PP, basicly a straight ooc-jpeg, just resize and added thin borders:</p>

<div>00TGyv-132081584.jpg.f57440fcd057d8796fa4c71263d9a37b.jpg</div>

<p>Some wonderful photos already - very inspirational.</p>

<p>The bluebells are out in the ancient woodlands across the UK. I took this in Bedmond woods, Hertfordshire. The smell and sound of the woodlands at this time of year is intoxicating.</p><div>00TGzD-132085584.JPG.a657e9e9c044add4e7a95e6c59ccd7c0.JPG</div>

<p>Fabulous array of photos again this week. As a landscape fancier i have to say both Hamish's, Jan's, Gary's and Ian's landscapes are a true delight to view. Bruce - the helicopter is an excellent scale marker and gives the luxury cruiser a good sense of size in your photo. </p>

<p>Nina - wow! How you've managed to make a simple image of a bloom so evocative of sadness... I've already been an admirer of your odd sassy comment on various threads and now can also send a 'well done' on this image. (Plus its taken with a lens that I am seriously thinking about getting)</p>

<p>Matthew - brilliant moment and again I repeat that you make me feel unpatriotic to post 'foreign' photos while you find such amazing ways to represent our home country.</p>

<p>Others, this thread is just wonderful, there's not a shot I don't admire so far.</p>

<p>Here we go again.... what is promising to be another fine thread. So far I love the landscape shots...<br>

LIL... Your message from last week, well, Funchal must be the same as you remember coz everything looks really old. Old but well taken care of.<br>

Well, I made it back home last night after 30 hours of flying, waiting at airports and riding on trains. That is what I hate about traveling. Since I haven't even seen all my 2 weeks shots I just picked up one from Florence Italy.<br>

They call this bridge "The Old Bridge" It is full of jewellery stores and looks like a very low tech security place but I am sure that is not correct. by the way, what a lovely city, friendly people, lots of tourists and full of crazy italians! :)</p><div>00TH0K-132101584.jpg.26f19d94d9581dcc2c9563e41b685c61.jpg</div>

<p>Hi all,<br>

Hamish, nice landscape with the sun coming through the clouds.<br />Nina, nice colors<br />Bruce, nice picture you took of my yacht, haha<br />Sanford, I like the clouds<br />Matthew, the clouds look ominous<br />Paul, where can I book a room?<br>

Here is mine.<br>

My uncle had a party and there was this band playing.<br>

They were pretty good and the lead singer had very expressive hands and head.<br>

Taken with the D90 + 18-200mm. At 70mm F5.6, with flash.</p>

<p> </p><div>00TH0a-132105584.jpg.e10ceda7cc1ef4f1636f95f197485b22.jpg</div>