Nikon Wednesday #52

lornesunley

<p>Lorne, thanks for starting the thread. I noticed overnight that Matt hadn't started a new thread yet. I am at my dad's house and was tired up talking to him this morning, so I hadn't started one.</p>

<p>And since I am traveling, I have no access to PhotoShop to edit some images for this thread. I'll take care of that in a couple of days. In the mean time, I have glad to see several good images already.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so if you've got the photographic trifecta, use it!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Greetings from the depths of northern Ontario.<br /> A dog's nose is a testament to the evolutionary process. Harry is showing how it can be wet and covered in snow at -10C and still not freeze.<br /> They also retain cold very well as I discovered after emerging from a nice hot bath and bending over to clean out the tub. Next time I'll either close the bathroom door or get dressed first. I think the neighbours could hear me 4 doors down.<br /> Hope you are enjoying the Holidays.</p><div>00bARb-510163584.jpg.97d58624155142cba4c8bad39d084f1a.jpg</div>

<p>Holy Yule Procrastination, Batman! Lorne, thank you for being Santa's helper and getting the thread off the ground while I got my wits together after the tail end of a marathon 48-hour e-commerce IT crush-a-thon ... which caused me to completely space Nikon Wednesday. My profound apologies to everyone. No, it wasn't too much eggnog. <br /><br />I would like to blame it, if possible, on this very stubborn seasonal subject ... the Yule Mule.</p><div>00bATi-510191584.jpg.e193362dbd63b0514b0077985e1cc6e2.jpg</div>

<p>Brand wise, this one is a bit of a hybrid. Originally I took the photo with a Pentax ZX50 (My first camera, which I still have). Recently, I was looking at some old contact sheets and decided to shoot the negatives with my Nikon D7000 and 60mm 2.8 afd macro. I loved the way it turned out. I'm a bit saddened by the streaks that I made from incorrect developing, but I think the image holds up. Suck it Instagram! I don't need your filters! I've got poor developing skills!</p><div>00bAU5-510199584.jpg.672a89c0f13a0d603970a34d227dbf22.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>"Suck it Instagram! I don't need your filters! I've got poor developing skills!"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>LOL! That's priceless.</p>

<p>You'd better license that "Agitation surge marks" filter before someone else Instagrabs it. While you're at it, better license the dreaded "Oops, I fixed the film before developing it" blank negatives filter too. The classic darkroom newbie filter.</p>