Nikon Wednesday 2020: #5

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Man, already five Nikon Wednesdays into 2020. Hard to believe. Some regulars here might recall a couple months back when I posted some casually taken shots of the HMS Queen Elizabeth when she anchored in the mouth of the Severn River, visiting Annapolis, MD. While I was at it, I rolled some video of her and some helicopter operations going underway just before the sun set. Never delete files! Just signed a corporate video job with a contractor that did work on that aircraft carrier, and we're going to slip a bit of my footage in as a bumper between scenes. Never delete files! You never know what will come up. Small world, and all. Of course, here I am up past midnight, clicking and dragging in Premiere Pro, making a scratch video for a meeting tomorrow. Hence, the shot this week. What's everyone else up to? Share some photos!

video-editing.thumb.jpg.1bce58ad69927c600203a15fe740ff37.jpg

• Like 3

Certainly keep your image files and footage, unless it is totally out of focus or the exposure is off by more than 4 stops ....

The San Francisco City Hall and the Davies Symphony Hall (home of the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra) celebrate the Lunar New Year. All images Nikon Z6 with 24-70mm/f2.8 S lens.

SF_CityHall_1915.thumb.jpg.dc2581ec9d0382a1c0009ccc57d175eb.jpg

_DSC1920.thumb.jpg.b9978370110dd44b0aea4d74777de907.jpg

SF_CityHall_1926.thumb.jpg.232b014f3a838ce460508af190b252c3.jpg

Edited by ShunCheung
  • Like 5

Never delete files!

For durn shure! It's like "never get out of the boat" in Apocalypse Now!

So many of those culled out, underexposed (in the shadows, anyhow), slides turned out to be easily workable in Photoshop using the Ozone System (LINK).

shadow/highlight tool in Photoshop, only one of many tools for recovering details in an image from the narrow range of Kodachrome (of honored memory)

ozone.thumb.jpeg.958a1588633a97cdc0ab1b1cdd8cda59.jpeg

Taken with Nikkormat EL and strongly kneaded.

• Like 5

They were at Willard Bay state park. Evidently right now they are everywhere at the bird refuges. In fact, you don't need to go far to see them, one flew overhead in my neighborhood on Sunday.

Ok, now I'm jealous. All I have flying over are F-35s. Hoping to get out to the refuge at Farmington this weekend

• Like 2

We've talked about a trip to Bear River MBR on Saturday. Maybe we'll stop at Willard Bay on the way. Thanks!

I just read that BRMBR still has lots of hawks and herons, but no eagle sightings yet. Someone said at Farmington Bay they hadn't seen any eagles yet, that in the next couple weeks they'll start showing up. We saw probably 4-6 at Willard. Seems like I saw a pic of one at Utah Lake recently. I'd really like to know where the one that was in my neighborhood was going. :)

• Like 1