Nikon Wednesday 2020: #15

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Another week in, and it's more camera-around-the-house time. In this case, a clear sky and a big full moon popped out last night. Since official Nikon Wednesday Shelter In Place Corona Virus Rules say you're now allowed up to FOUR moon posts per year, I'm taking advantage. What's everyone else up to? Macro shots of stuff in that kitchen drawer? Finally retouching that high school reunion gallery? Anything will do! Stay safe out there, and share some photos.2020-04-06_full_moon_2.thumb.jpg.b9adcfd1d623bb67e8b97a14fcba5abc.jpg

2020-04-06_full_moon_1.thumb.jpg.ea24cd8cc184b9626d43be9e6e9d1302.jpg

• Like 5

18592962-orig.jpg

A golden-crowned kinglet, shot yesterday. Trying out my new D500 and 300/4 PF combo around the stormwater ponds in my area (GTA, Canada). This little one was just 2m away from me!

Edited by shakil_k.
  • Like 5

So you wipe your butt on (the) Elite, how egalitarian... Not!

No, I use Charmin (from Costco). :-) Those packages of rolls of something look very much like either rolls of paper towels or toilet paper as sold at Costco. The other packages in the boat look like canned goods of some sort. A quick Bing search for Elite and Paper Products turns up everything from photo paper to paper towels, tissue, and bath tissue (toilet paper).

18592962-orig.jpg

A golden-crowned kinglet, shot yesterday. Trying out my new D500 and 300/4 PF combo around the stormwater ponds in my area (GTA, Canada). This little one was just 2m away from me!

Very nice image. Great detail, good colors, and with the branch on a diagonal and the bird on thirds, excellent composition.

I believe most of the stuff on that boat was toilet paper. Downsizing the photo makes it a bit fuzzy. There was another boat after it with bunches of food. Fine place to be quarantined.

Expensive place to be - quarantined or otherwise. I did a search on the ship. If it was in the Falklands, that is the Antarctic cruise - starting (economy class? :-) ) at $27,750 (US) per person and does not include air fare to get to Argentina and on to the Falklands. That is extra. Looks like the whole cruise would be around $33,000 to $35,000 per person. A little rich for me. I guess that explains "Elite" toilet paper. <GRIN>

The Ship I was on, the Orion, had been going to Patagonia, but had to turn around about a third of the way in when Chile closed its borders. We got around the horn, and saw a little of Staten Island before we had to turn around and head for the Falklands. Also a pretty expensive trip, though not as high as the combined South Georgia/Falklands/Antarctica one.. We went to South Georgia and Falklands last year, and Antarctica in 2014. A nice way to go if you can, and habit forming, and I think Shun Cheung, among others, would agree that it's a whole different world.
  • Like 1