Nikon Wednesday 2019: #52

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

A Merry Nikon Wednesday Christmas, everyone, though I'm creating this on the eve. Looks like we're actually going to get 53 Wednesdays this year, so this isn't a wrap-up-the-year thread just yet. But it is that holiday time of year, and of course I had to scramble around and find a few minutes to put together a little seasonal greeting card of a video. Below is a behind the scenes of the little project, half baked as the whole thing was (Z6 and kit lens mounted on a powered slider, shot taken with the D810). Had bigger plans, but it became whittled way down - such are the priorities this time of year. Hope everyone has a peaceful 25, and we'll catch up New Year's eve!

red_truck_xmas_bts.thumb.jpg.7ada3d21e3e870328b2493298f82c630.jpg

• Like 2

Having not done enough photography during most of the year to contribute to these threads (but enjoyed what everyone else has posted), I wanted at least to try for this one. Traditionally late, of course. I got a Laowa 25mm from my lovely wife, so here's a Christmas candle. The first two at 2.5x, the third at 5x, all full frame (with some trepidation that I'd hurt the lens - the working distance was just enough). They seem sharp at 1:1, but because I had to push the shutter speed to deal with my hand shake, they're way too noisy to show a crop.

850_9512_pnet.thumb.jpg.e49288cd043c3d9f5753c4d182e69bd7.jpg

• Like 2

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

A Merry Nikon Wednesday Christmas, everyone, though I'm creating this on the eve. Looks like we're actually going to get 53 Wednesdays this year, so this isn't a wrap-up-the-year thread just yet. But it is that holiday time of year, and of course I had to scramble around and find a few minutes to put together a little seasonal greeting card of a video. Below is a behind the scenes of the little project, half baked as the whole thing was (Z6 and kit lens mounted on a powered slider, shot taken with the D810). Had bigger plans, but it became whittled way down - such are the priorities this time of year. Hope everyone has a peaceful 25, and we'll catch up New Year's eve!

[ATTACH=full]1322647[/ATTACH]

..so next Wednesday(January 1,2020) will be part of the year 2019 of Nikon Wednesday?

• Like 1