Nikon Wednesday 2019: #35

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

What to do on this Nikon Wednesday? I was trying REALLY hard not to buy any more F-mount lenses, but my venerable 70-200 VR (the original model) suddenly stopped focusing and wouldn't report its aperture. With its corner behavior on full-frame bodies, getting it serviced was not an encouraging use of funds ... but I have a gig coming up, and a 70-200 is a must have. So (brace yourself), I saved half the cash and went with the latest iteration of Tamron's 70-200/2.8. I know, I know, the Nikon 70-200/4 is about the same money. But that f/2.8 is just too important sometimes. And, I'm pleased to report that the many reviews mentioning this new generation of Tamron lenses are serious performers: it's true! I'll post more from the lens over the next few weeks. But here was its debut shot, out in the front yard with our beloved 15-year-old girl pointer. She's holding up better than that 70-200 VR-I that died on me, even though they're roughly the same age!

regan_15.thumb.jpg.2ef9bb0a259f068de52fba16fb1beeba.jpg

This thread's 1000-pixel limitations obviously don't tell the tale (tail?). Used the Tamron here on the D810.

• Like 5