Nikon Wednesday 2018: #6

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Hello Nikon people and a good 6th Nikon Wednesday of the year to all. Nothing too exciting this week, as I spent most of my camera time crawling around in frozen gravel looking at oxidizing aluminum welds. Surely some of you have some more glamorous things to contribute! So, contribute!trailer_underneath.thumb.jpg.49d5e558384055d681dff0dbab9a8082.jpg

I was at a tiddlywinks tournament over the weekend, and as usual it's damned awkward to get in the right place and get the timing right to capture a good image - people are very good at blocking the view, and I try not to fire the shutter while someone is lining up a shot. Absent that (fortunately a couple more opportunities are coming up), here are a few tries. All three D810, 200 f/2 at about f/2.5.

DSC_0831_openWith.thumb.jpg.379ab156d8abb58b20ce28b94e14ec42.jpg

• Like 2

2nd photo - This angle is imho perfect and good colors and sharpness except the sweater closest to his right arm. What has happen there looks very strange to my old eyes?

Thanks, Erik. I think it's just an odd depth of field effect - because most of the jumper is hanging loose (both at the arm and on the torso) it's not at the distance from the camera you'd expect if it were form-fitting. It's not a digital thing (I was just at a fairly wide aperture because I try to hide the stacks of chairs and things in the background). I agree, looking closely, that it looks a bit weird though! Maybe I should clone out the sagging bit of sleeve so it looks like background.

Hopefully we'll have warmer weather for the next event so I won't have that problem. :)

• Like 1