Nikon Wednesday 2018: #52

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Whoa, how the heck did we just wrap up another whole year of Nikon Wednesdays? Amazing. Glad there are still a few hangers-on - always nice to see what people are up to.

Alas, Santa did not bring me a new Nikon mirrorless body this time around, but I think I'm OK with that - no rush! My now creaky old antique D810 is actually doing a stellar job, and that F-mount glass is still doing useful things. Like when I'm stuck in the nose compartment of a complicated aluminum motorsports trailer trying to get a shot through a hatchway while also getting the decking ... never mind! Details. But that wide Nikon glass and a DSLR still did what I needed it to do for another year and never skipped a beat. I suspect 2019 will get more interesting, though. In the meantime, here's a random shot from inside that trailer! A happy new year to all, and looking forward to another 52 weeks of your images.

bravo_stacker.thumb.jpg.6d94fc2965c987335410dfd582c73ad1.jpg

D810 with a Nikon 14-24/2.8

• Like 5

A couple of shots from Bryce Canyon National Park this past weekend. Was disappointed that as a result of the govt shutdown, all ranger led activities were cancelled. We were or should I say, I was really looking forward to their Full Moon Hike. But we still got to see some breathtaking scenery and got a few decent shots in the process. All taken with a D3400

Sunrise overlook. 1/250, F10, ISO 250. 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 at 28mmDSC_0002_00001.thumb.jpg.1ec1d5c822b858ff8c0b6951999edbeb.jpg

1/250, F10, ISO 280, 18-55 at 34mm

DSC_0058_00001.thumb.jpg.55e3039565127d253da1b93f9fd92235.jpg

1/250 at F10, ISO 400, 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 at 110DSC_0171_00001.thumb.jpg.eac466dbf7e7f9a563c64cb0900bd8b8.jpg mm

• Like 4

A couple of shots from Bryce Canyon National Park this past weekend. Was disappointed that as a result of the govt shutdown, all ranger led activities were cancelled. We were or should I say, I was really looking forward to their Full Moon Hike. But we still got to see some breathtaking scenery and got a few decent shots in the process. All taken with a D3400

Nice images, Tony.

I have been to Bryce once, in mid May, 1999. I believe that was the first day the facilities were open for that year. Bryce is at high elevation, over 8000 feet, up to 9100 feet/2778 meters. I am curious about how the conditions are like at Bryce in December, especially road conditions. I hope that they at least manage to plow the roads.

I have been to other national reserves recently, and all restrooms were closed due to the government shutdown.

Nice images, Tony.

I have been to Bryce once, in mid May, 1999. I believe that was the first day the facilities were open for that year. Bryce is at high elevation, over 8000 feet, up to 9100 feet/2778 meters. I am curious about how the conditions are like at Bryce in December, especially road conditions. I hope that they at least manage to plow the roads.

I have been to other national reserves recently, and all restrooms were closed due to the government shutdown.

They had the visitor center open, but no programs were going on because of the shutdown. The main road is open up to the parking lot of Sunrise and Sunset Point. Typically they do keep most of the roads plowed. Other than not getting to go on the full moon hike, it was a good trip.