Nikon Wednesday 2018: #34

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

An attempt at a mobile device posting and upload this week. Mailed an image to myself and attempting resizing and posting using iOS stuff instead of my usual desktop. A challenge. But if you’re seeing mushrooms, then I got it right. Share some photos!

5B46C2C0-9211-425E-A14E-95F48F4F9067.thumb.jpeg.f531e08c41a17a070b8ec942b048def1.jpeg

• Like 5

Matt went for maximum depth of field while Dieter and blurrist went the opposite way. I thought of using another photo but chose to do like Dieter and post a macro photo shot at f8. However, I used tilt to minimize depth of field.

18491823-orig.jpg

Nikon D800E, PC-E Micro 85/2.8D

• Like 4

I'm running late as usual, but before we get to Wednesday again, here's what I was doing just over a week ago. Soames Hill, near Gibson's, Sunshine Coast of Canada, lower look-out because I'm fat and this was high enough given what I was breathing (I've posted shots from here before, in clearer air). One man's picturesque layering is another's smoke bank. All with a Tamron 14-24 on a D850, partly because I wasn't going to change lens in this... At least you can see the coast, which is more than I could from the Sea to Sky Gondola.

850_1442_openWith.thumb.jpg.b051380d640949d5ce285abb0bc30be1.jpg