Nikon Wednesday 2018: #29

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Nothing like a little quick cool indoor table top product photography when it's hot and steamy outside. This one was needed for a casual social media post, and quick was key. So, just bounced a shoe-mounted SB800 off the adjacent wall, using a 105mm macro. A couple minutes tuning up the overly warm scene, and off we go. Any rush jobs out there on this fine July Nikon Wednesday? Share some photos!

fleabane_ring.thumb.jpg.780f81e87d45c678f217f76940fdd9b7.jpg

• Like 5

I'm a little wary of this, because I don't want to kick off a political discussion; I don't think photo.net is the place (despite a recent discussion about gun laws in the Street forum). Nonetheless, the nearest thing to "interesting photos" I've taken this week was when I was attending the anti-Trump rally in London on Friday (Trump claimed that Brits "like him a lot"; turn-out was somewhere between 100,000 and 250,000 - many of whom don't normally attend this kind of thing, myself included). I hope these can just be considered "street photography" without causing offence. All Coolpix A, f/8, varying shutter speeds. A lot of people were there with dSLRs, so maybe I should have gone bigger, but I was tired enough by the end that the lighter option might have been for the best.

People watching the crowds from the famous statue of Eros (less famously, not actually a statue of Eros).

DSC_0199_openWith.thumb.jpg.e130fd5345b2282b7c5b4d2c1a1c6e1e.jpg

• Like 5

The Smoking Hills are located on the east coast of Cape Bathurst in Canada's Northwest Territories, next to the Arctic Ocean and a small group of lakes. The cliffs were named by explorer John Franklin, who was the first European to see them on his 1826 expeditions. They contain strata of hydrocarbons (oil shales), which have been burning continuously for centuries.

1762186684_SmokingHills.thumb.jpg.ef90d2ce38023045d9efc0f43275bff1.jpg

• Like 5