Nikon Wednesday 2018: #24

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Matt Laur, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Important: please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you new to this thread? The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are right here:http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Alas! Way too much other stuff going on over the last week to even pick up a camera for fun or work. So, I'm traveling to a folder of travel shots, and thought I'd see if perhaps Italy would have something worth revisiting. And that brings me to this road-side image taken as we traveled up an endless series of switchbacks out of the plains of Venetto and up into the Dolomites and lunch in the Alpine town of Asiago, from whence the cheese of that name. It was a foggy, socked-in day, but I had to record it because when you live in a swamp area like I do, this is pretty exotic stuff!

So a good Nikon Wednesday to all, and let's see what you just shot, or what you just remembered you shot some years ago. Go!
    dolomites.jpg

2. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Nikon D810. Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 at f/8, 1-30" iso 100

-c20170925_910_5575.jpg

3. Taken on a bright sunny day on our local hills, which are more often foggy than sunny! Came across a group of wild ponies which didn't run away when I pointed my camera at them.
    D800, 24-70 F2.8 - 1/1000, f/2.8 @ ISO 100

20180610-1000-003A.jpg

4. Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, D300, 50mm Nikkor
    Fisherman's Wharf 18b_Chair_1.jpg

5. The Grazing Calf _DSC6126.jpg
    Nikon D810, Nikkor 85 1.8G, Speed 1/500 sec, f-5.6, ISO 64

DawsonPointers, bertliang and Nickens like this.
  6. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

7. z1 Arkansas 3-1.jpg z1 Missouri 1-1.jpg z1 Missouri 5-1.jpg Infrared shots from our trip.

8. Had a chance to get out on a local lake yesterday - perfect day for it DSC_9948x1000.JPG

9. Saw this on the ride DSC_9945x1000.JPG

10. This barn swallow got curious and decided to take a closer look at me when I went bird watching last month.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D800E, AF-S 300/2.8 VR, TC-14EIII

11. Nickens: I've literally just been tempted to order an IR-converted D90 (because it has live view, so I can stick an 850nm filter on the front if I want) by a discussion in the beginner forum. You've persuaded me I've done the right thing; next week!

Heimbrandt: Lovely capture - small birds are awkward.

Still triaging my options for this week!

12. I just pulled the trigger on a 10-20DX lens so of course I've been having fun getting the super-wide perspective. An ordinary scene takes on a bit of difference at 10:

down the garden path.jpg

13. And just to gravitate toward the opposite end, out comes the 200-500. We gave up gardening long ago, and let these guys take over. Every year Miz Groundchuck gives us a new generation, and here is this year's edition of Grundoon.

grundoon.jpg

14. And in between times, I've been trying, with obviously limited success, to catch dragonflies on the wing. This backlit bug is not exactly as sharp as a tack, but I kind of like it anyway.

dragon on the fly.jpg

15. Andrew, I've loved mine. Depending on what range you have yours set to, you might want a variable neutral density filter for it, it made a difference for me.

Andrew Garrard likes this.
  16. F3, Nikkor 28mm, Double X/5222, Rodinal semistand.
    [​IMG] by bc50099

17. One of my rose bushes just burst into bloom a couple of days ago. Nikon D610.

20180612-3522a.jpg

18. Right - it's still nearly Wednesday somewhere in the Pacific. Coolpix A. I've been trying to train myself into street photography (outside my comfort zone and all that), but I've not yet found anything of people worth sharing - either because I've not been doing it enough or because I fundamentally hate people. Here's some nice colour contrast on a street, though.

HotAndCold.jpg

DawsonPointers likes this.