Nikon Wednesday 2018: #19

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

A good Nikon Wednesday to all, this 19th week of 2018. Though spring is in full swing here, I'm reaching for a quick indoor shot done in support of my favorite local jewelry maker. Didn't have time to set up proper product lighting - sometimes you just have to bounce a speedlight off the ceiling, and use some white mat board to control things a bit. Any quick work thrust upon you this past week? Share!

daisy_bracelets.thumb.jpg.5ce05660d99fa5ed1b56b9127ecfa4f1.jpg

D810 at ISO 500, 1/100th and a Sigma 35/1.5 ART at f/13. Bounced Nikon Speedlight, reflectors.

• Like 5

Had to quickly find a way to support a piece being glued on. The result[ATTACH=full]1244781[/ATTACH]

A Lotus Elan!!! I had one, a 1967, BRG, of course. Gluing the fiberglass bumper on, priceless. The whole thing is fiberglass. You do NOT want to be in an accident with one (DAMHIK).

Edited by John Di Leo
  • Like 1

As promised last week (and nothing to do with the theme of this week), it's bluebell season in the UK; my mother's ashes are scattered in a bluebell wood, so each year I o out and take photos.

The D850 got wheeled out, but this happens to be with my D810 and a 300 f/4:

D810_DSC_2952_openWith.thumb.jpg.da3e820946188124d275c0ba7cf824e4.jpg

• Like 4

Bluebells normally come in quantities of a few more, although only for a couple of weeks. :-) D810 and 14-24 (deliberate sun flare, because there's way too much purple not to break it up with something). Bluebells drive me nuts - not only do they have a weird spectral response, they're also very reflective, and I absolutely cannot persuade Nikon meters to preserve highlights in changeable lighting.

D810_DSC_3028_openWith.thumb.jpg.3dc6cf1feae5503bf3aba8b3c1dad28d.jpg

• Like 1

Finally a different view, the D850 with the flip-out screen for composition, with a hand-held Mitakon 20mm macro and fast shutter bursts hoping to get the focal plane somewhere useful. This is the whole frame - at 1:1 it's not remotely sharp, but this probably isn't how you're supposed to use it. (Also, weird triangular aperture...) I'll give it a fairer test sometime soon.

DSC_0524_openWith.thumb.jpg.2430740e09f0b6cc99c855b4b0649300.jpg

• Like 3