Nikon Wednesday 2018: #18

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

It seems Pierre DuPont really liked his plants. If you ever get a chance to mosey through Longwood Gardens in southeastern Pennsylvania, do it. Bring a wide lens, and a macro. It's quite a sight. Here are a few snapshots from our walk the other day. Would love to get access to the place during off-hours, perhaps at sunrise. How about everyone else, this fine Nikon Wednesday? Share some photos, from wherever you've been walking this spring.

longwood_3.thumb.jpg.ea4dec16e0e09d9241d11b34f3e1d53c.jpg

longwood_2.thumb.jpg.bdbae69bf6e5ffda10d6bb75106bb694.jpg

longwood_1.thumb.jpg.0cc82c2a056cd235aa7a34019b83da6b.jpg

• Like 5

A famous (or maybe infamous) landmark in Vermont is the car-carrying gorilla, advertising a used car dealer, erected just before sign ordinances would have forbidden it. The dealership is gone, and the car is getting rusty, and the gorilla is getting tired.

1238477957_tiredgorilla.thumb.jpg.3c5a46b09ce60fe589868a074f9cad12.jpg

• Like 5

(That was weird - I didn't have a text box there for a second. I wonder if the recent site outage was an upgrade?)

Plants will have to wait for next week, since I'm highly likely to do my first of my annual runs at bluebell season this weekend. However, I'm just back from Montreal. I seem to be good at finding bits of it which are full of concrete and remind me of soviet-era Russia, but there's a bit of colour from the conference centre:

Colours.thumb.jpg.be26df36a86d825472e9e1c700792a6c.jpg

D810, Tamron 24-70VC, as for all of these. (The weird thing here was that I discovered if you stood in the right place, the coloured windows lined up with the sections in the building opposite, so it looks more disjoint than it actually is.)

• Like 5

(Okay, looks like the text box failure to appear was due to a very long load time. I blame some adverts.)

Right, I promised ugly concrete. Sorry, Montreal.

Wheel.thumb.jpg.d2d587ed489900c569ea6d61de60fa4e.jpg

(This appeared to be a boating lake - the blue things in front of the wheel are pedalos. It was very confusing. We thought it was just low tide, then realised this was several metres above the river...)

• Like 5

And finally, I had a choice between a broken down tower by the river with interesting rust and these... apartments? Are they apartments? They're weird. Ah - Google Earth tells me this is Kayak Habitat 67, which looks like it might be much prettier if I'd taken a photo during the summer and there had been some foliage about.

Apartments.thumb.jpg.824af967b48f1217ce3aabf8d228efd4.jpg

• Like 5

We had our company golf tournament this past Sunday and as I was leaving after we all had dinner, I was loading everything back into my truck and happened to turn around to see the moon coming up over the clubhouse. I didn't have my tripod with me, but was able to use the back of the truck to get some stability for this. Nikon D3400, 1/50th of a second at F 5.6 at ISO 1600. Nikkor 18-55 VR at 55mm.

DSC_0077.thumb.jpg.db2e20b80a7f6378c6b7b4d500716655.jpg

• Like 4