Nikon Wednesday 2018: #14

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Hello Nikon folks, and a good Wednesday to all. Since I had to crank out a quick social media photo of a new piece by my favorite jewelry artist, that's what I've got for the thread this week. Let's call it Convex Shiny Things Wednesday.

In this case, I grabbed two pieces of mat board scrap (one white, one black), and used them to manage the reflections while I bounced a speedlight off the ceiling. D810 with a Sigma 105 macro. Quick and dirty for sure! Let's see what you've all been shooting since last week.

amphora_prototype_mary_laur_jewelry.thumb.jpg.1c808aa71f50d63c7ba760fa2a9d78e3.jpg

• Like 5

The jogger with a red cap passed under this morning, while I was photographing our lakefront following an overnight spring storm. It ended up being my favorite shot. D3400 and AF-S 55-200 G II ED VR DSC_0034.jpg.910ffacf29554932e78c9d9e8d87429e.jpg Edited by vrankin
  • Like 5